already 8 "user reviews" for GTA SA on Amazon

Mr. Pin?

gta, 22 February, 2004

Reviewer: A gamer from Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

not very good

;)

Amazon really need to stop this review thing, at least for games. Books,films,CD's get proper reviews while the game reviews are just utter crap and most are written by fanboys. Look at the killzone and Halo2 reviews. Painful reading.

It will be the best game ever if it can improve on the faults of GTA- Vice City, like you can leave your car on the street, go to the other side of the island, come back and it will still be there. There also needs to be a lot more missions than there were in vice city, because i can complete vice city in 4 hours, and thats too short.

Surely that's a good thing?

Most games can't even keep bodies on the floor, or cars where you left them...

It will be the best game ever if it can improve on the faults of GTA- Vice City, like you can leave your car on the street, go to the other side of the island, come back and it will still be there

How do you know someone else didn't steal it? It doesn't seem to be that safe a city to be in. Perhaps they should put a satellite tracking option in for new cars so you can track it on the radar if someone does steal it.

gta, 22 February, 2004

Reviewer: A gamer from Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

not very good

Holy sh*t, I live in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire United Kingdom.

btw that was NOT me. I actually think the game is the best evar!!!

I wrote to Amazon about this when Vice City came out. Before the game was even finished there were reviews kicking about so I told them it undermines their review system and essentialy told them to pull their finger out as it's absurd they accept reviews for a product which isn't even finished. They erased all the reviews.

I wrote to Amazon about this when Vice City came out. Before the game was even finished there were reviews kicking about so I told them it undermines their review system and essentialy told them to pull their finger out as it's absurd they accept reviews for a product which isn't even finished. They erased all the reviews.

Nice going.

Amazon should only accept reviews once the product has been released. At the moment, anyone with anything relevant to say has thier review hidden behind 38 dickheads desperately hoping to get a voucher that "OMFG gAme i5 t bet gme in wooooorrrrrrlllllld" was never going to get them.

And?

They are harming people trying to find out about the game.

What if the game turns out to be shit?

People reading through the reviews wouldn't know that these were written before it had came out just to try and get a voucher. I'm pretty sure GTA:SA won't be shit, but it's the principal which is wrong.

Just found the best ever review on amazon

This is going to be great!, 29 January, 2004

Reviewer: darrenwhite from Manchester, Gtr Manchester United Kingdom 

This product is going to be great. I've never used it, or even seen it, but that's no reason not to give it five stars.

A great future purchase.

Erm...ok.

A few years ago, back when the Dreamcast was still around, you could have page after page of fanboys arguing over whether the Dreamcast sucks or the PS2. Crazy.

It's possible in some cases that early reviews can be of imports, but this is just stupid. So, yeah, no reviews until the game is released.

TTFN

Getaway 2:

The Getaway 2 Review, 3 January, 2004

Reviewer: sgangar from West Midlands United Kingdom 

Getaway 2 is finally here! I played the game on The PS2, the only bad thing was that it was in Chinese! But after a few alterations I soon had it in English. Brilliant new features, whole new story line, new characters, new cars, more roads, more citys to explore and most of all a better Artificial Intelligence on other rival characters, Trust me don't do the Hard mode when you battle the Police!

Get the game as soon as YOU can! For £29.99 on Amazon.co.uk is a BARGAIN, And plus its delivered FREE to you on the day it gets released! GET IT NOW, God's speed Ladies and Gentlemen...

Chinese version, eh? Anyone played it? Apparently with a bit of work, you can translate it into English!