IGNORED

Dreamcast Arcade Games

WesT

Sports jam. a class game, especially on 2 player head to head, so perfect if youve got 2 arcade sticks

i quite enjoyed dynamite cop too, although im sure not everyone would agree with me on that, but for quick pick up and play arcade game style its great fun. also 2 player.

I have Street Fighter 3 (all versions), Street Fighter 2 Turbo X, Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Capcom Vs Snk 2, Virtual Tennis 2, Bangio...

I have just purchased two Dreamcast Arcade controllers off Ebay (I bloody love 'em) and was wondering what else I should get? Also, is there any other big 2d fighting fans out there? :rolleyes:

P.S. Has anyone got the UK version of Street Fighter Alpha 3? is it worth buying, does it work with RGB?

P.P.S. I don't really like 3d beat em ups like Soul Calibre.....

How many versions of sf3 are there?

Get yourself garou mark of the wolves, its an aquirred taste but absolutly fabulous!

(AKA fatal fury mark of the wolves).

Get cannon spike. (cross between double dragon and contra sort of..)

I ve got two of those sticks aswell and i love them to, even if my mates take the piss out of me for owning them.

Im a huhe DC 2d fan, Try Swithing to SNK fighters, MOTW is exceptional ans is King Of Fighters 2000.

Also, if you like shooter hook yourself up with Psyvariar 2 Will to Fabricate, stunning game, best graphics on the DC

TRUEFAX!!!!

P.S. Has anyone got the UK version of Street Fighter Alpha 3? is it worth buying, does it work with RGB?

I have and yes, it does. :D

giga wing is pure class, one of my favourite games of all time. gunbird 2, zero gunner 2 and mars matrix are worth looking for also if you want some shooters. as well as the others that have been mentioned.

and whether you like 3d beat em ups or not, i'm still going to recommend power stone :P

or maybe your choice in games is?

Virtua cop 2 is a classic arcade gem.

Yup in the arcade it is, on the dreamcast its not. In fact nearly every review i ve read said it was utter poo as well.

So maybe your taste in games is awful! :lol:

I have Powerstone, bloody love that game actually.

But yes, I'd have to agree the second is super shite. Bought that on Japanese import day one for about £60. Played it about four times.

Why did they add all that multiplayer crap?

But mostly I don’t like the 3d beat em ups because anyone mashing buttons has a reasonable chance of winning a bout.

Hey, why's everyone forgetting the genius that is Guilty Gear X? <_<

If you have a PS2 and a decent controller for it it's probably worth getting GGX2, otherwise you ought to import GGX, just to see if you like it. One thing's for sure: it's very pretty :P

Top three fighting games on DC:

3. SNK Vs. Capcom 2

2. Guilty Gear X

1. Street Fighter III: Third Strike

Having said that, I've played both SvC and GGX more recently than SFIII... never mind, eh? :)

I just wish they'd make Makoto playable in the Vs. series... combining her with Chipp in the forthcoming Sammy Vs. Capcom game would really make my day (and cause severe pain to any shotokan/projectile reliant fighters)...

Mmm...

I know you said you weren't into 3d Beat em ups but DOA2 & Soul Calibur are simply stunning and both have massive 2 player pick up and play factor.

Cannon Spike is pretty good ... um ... I dunno what else really. Last Blade 2 & Garou MOTW are okay.

But HOTD 2 & 2 arcade guns are probably the best fun you can have on a DC (other than Samba)

3. SNK Vs. Capcom 2

2. Guilty Gear X

1. Street Fighter III: Third Strike

I really didnt like any those games.

My faves are

Super street fighter 2 and mark of the wolves and well i dont play any others.

I ve tried and tried to get into last blade 2 but i really cant figure it out. Which is a shame becuase it looks so cool.

project justice is also worth a look, sequel to the ps1 rival schools game. also mars matrix that was mentioned earlier on in the thread, is bloody hard! but great nonetheless.

my dc stick is now dedicated purely to ikaruga on my diy cocktail cab, and it's a million times better than using the horrible d pad on the standard dc controller.

I really didnt like any those games.

My faves are

Super street fighter 2 and mark of the wolves and well i dont play any others.

I ve tried and tried to get into last blade 2 but i really cant figure it out. Which is a shame becuase it looks so cool.

There's an SSF2 on dreamcast? ;)

Well, it's not really my kind've fighter anyway - I've never liked any of the Street Fighter series apart from III - me *hates* shotokan-centric gameplay. Unless it's in a crossover fighter (the Vs. series). (MvC2 because it's just so damn fast, and CvS because hey, any game with Wild Iori in it has to rock :D)

I haven't had a chance to play Garou, so I can't comment on it. Never really liked the Fatal Fury series though, so meh. I do want to play Last Blade 2 though... when I have some money, perhaps...)

• 2 weeks later...
There's an SSF2 on dreamcast? :P

Yup there is, is arcade perfect as far as i can tell, and its got the hardest one player mode of any fighter. THink its called super street fighter turbo X.

You can even unlock a full set of arcade dip switches in it, lets you tune things like weather the game slows down or not when a special move hits.

Its ace, unfortunately not as ace as street fighter 2 turbo (not on DC) for super they buggered up the sound in every department - the announcer - the speech for the moves -the music and last but least the sound that kicks and punches make now sound feeble. Why? We ll never know.

Was Cosmic Smash ever an arcade game?

Also, is it any good?

Looks like something I might enjoy.

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=C&game_id=7404

http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/pcbs...c_Smash_58.html

Unit Price: $423.49 USD 
Quantity: 1  
Available: 3-7 Days

Naomi I mother board
Rom baord(sic)
I/O board or convertor
Cable
Manual

Other Details      

Product ID: 000058
Item Type: Naomi I / II Rom Board
Manufacturer: Sega
Weight: 5kgs
Notes: If you buy the Asian Kit, we will have a special offer for 3.3V power supply, amplifier and jamma harness at USD65.00/PC.

Price for software only is USD87.00/PC

King of the Fighters 1998 aka KoF 99 Dream Match is the best fighter on the DC. I've played it for years.

Ive been meaning to ask this for ages, is this the best king of fighters so far?

What is called on the DC; King of the Fighters 1998 or KoF 99 Dream Match? OR both?

KoF '98 is called KoF '99 (Dream Match) on the DC.

I just like it because the fight system is pretty straightforward and there are tons of characters. It's generally the most popular KoF game but you'll get alot of people who prefer other years as well.

There are some pretty comprehensive reviews on this site if you want to know more about the games.

Those Cosmic Slash cabs are really cool. Black Net-City and white Sanwa stick. Yum.