IGNORED

Propeller Arena for DC???

merge

Who cares? Its not actually going to be a particularly good game is it? Everyones just excited cause its a novelty and it never got released.

is a multiplayer game with aeroplanes and is conversion from the arcades

it was well looked forward to on the DC.

and it's FREE.

Have you played it? I was really looking forward to this game, and was annoyed that it got axed. The game was finished right, and only canned because of the 9/11 incident?

The rumour is... kind of true. It'll get a release, how soon... who knows. A guy has picked up the final GD-R for about £800.

However, the guy wants to make some of his cash back before it gets released... which is fair enough, I guess.

Yes, I'm sure he had something on that.

Not seen or heard from him in quite a while, to hear that he may have offloaded his entire collection is somewhat shocking but not totally unsurprising news.

I know exactly how he feels.

yeah, there's no arcade version, and whilst the excuse given was 9/11, the truth, as we can all probably work out, is that it woudln't have sold many copies. Shame. Same goes with that careers three pack with jambo safari on it. are there any versions of that lying about? There's a game I'd lovet to get my hands on.

• 2 months later...

Propeller Arena has finally (*finally*) been released and turned up on suprnova.org this morning, for anyone interested. Presuming it's legit, it's pretty much the last of the 'big' unreleased beta DC games to see some kind of release. Certainly quite the event for DC users.

Can't wait to try it. I always did fancy that game.

I'm downloading it now. It says it's self booting, so is this just a case of burning the files to a CD to get it to work?

I'd be interested in someone answering ^that^ question too. I never did get my head around all this stuff. I have a pile of ruined CD's with Space Channel 5 part 2 data on to attest to that. ;)

If it says self-booting, all you need to do is burn the ISO to a CD-R.

As far as my limited experience goes, that's the case.

Edit: Also, it's worthwhile noting that if you try to run an NTSC-burned ISO on a PAL machine, it'll run slower and you'll get borders. Again, this is from personal experience so there may be a way around it. *shrug*

So who's got it working then? Post when u have, so i know i'm not wasting my time! ;) My torrent is going nowhere, but i hope i get it , and get it working, should be a laugh 4 player. (tis 4player split screen isn't it or am deluded?).

There's a file called cdi2nero.exe that will convert it to an NRG (nero) image. Works a charm, google it my friends ;)

Handy. Shame my torrent is still at 0% not even sure if work allows torrents but it's worth the risk although it may explain why it's not working.

Cheers