Anime Film Recommendations

MeCCa

Take the biggest [and yes, best] show currently being made, but unreleased in the Anime world- Naruto. Guns? Robots? Schoolgirls? Not a bit. It's all very old styled stuff, embracing the Ninja culture.

I thought about downloading this, but seeing is it is already up to episode 70+ the chances of finding seeded torrents of the earlier episodes is pretty slim. :)

I thought about downloading this, but seeing is it is already up to episode 70+ the chances of finding seeded torrents of the earlier episodes is pretty slim. :P

I have the first twenty-something episodes burnt to disc, saw the next 25 or so on BitTorrent at the start of the month too, but not the other 25.

Erm. Hold on and I'll hit up the Novasearch.

EDITO: http://novasearch.net/?search=naruto&searc...None&order=desc

So, we're looking at bugger all for the first few episodes, and not much after episode 13.

If you want me to wing you the discs, I can. It sort of picks up after episode thirty, so it's only a matter of fighting for a handful of episodes.

Or! You could get the Spanish Fan Subs easy...:P

As for other anime films I watched the Escaflowne film a wee while ago and I was pleasantly surprised. I don't know if it really requires a grounding in the series or not, but they do manage to get rid of the annoying characters and give it a darker edge. It looks fab too.

(Everyone should watch FLCL)

FLCL is probably the greatest sub-10 episode series I've ever seen. Utterly fantastically amazingly amazing.

And the Escaflowne movie is one of the best series based movies, in that it's ace without watching the series. It seems to skim the series plot, and not go over the top and cliched.

Do you have legit copies of the series if so where did you get them from as I am struggling to find places outside of ebay?

Cheers

:P

Of course they're legit! I got them from UP1 when they were selling them alongside the box. Cost a fair bit at the time.

However! I can sell you my *sealed* double of DVD 3 for cheaper than you'll get from a website, if you so wish. Here is a picture of the box though, it's sexy but somewhat rare. Lots bought two or eight just to pimp on eBay. Oh, and I flipped the covers, as the white DVD cover isn't great. The inside covers now match the disc cover, ultra-sexy:

flclbox.jpg

Of course they're legit! I got them from UP1 when they were selling them alongside the box. Cost a fair bit at the time.

However! I can sell you my *sealed* double of DVD 3 for cheaper than you'll get from a website, if you so wish. Here is a picture of the box though, it's sexy but somewhat rare. Lots bought two or eight just to pimp on eBay. Oh, and I flipped the covers, as the white DVD cover isn't great. The inside covers now match the disc cover, ultra-sexy:

flclbox.jpg

i got that too :P.... but how come you have 4 dvds? and some of your cover reversal decisions i doint agree with :o....

i got that too :P.... but how come you have 4 dvds? and some of your cover reversal decisions i doint agree with :P....

One is a double of DVD3, like I said. I had to get it when I got the box as they're bundled. I already had the three DVDs, but complications about the box and lack of lead to me needing it, even paying for a third DVD.

I was just going to reverse the third case, but it looked sooooo nice matching the actual DVD on the inside, I switched them all.

Guest Two Heavens

It's the best presented anime series I've seen, box wise at least.

The "liner notes" are great too.

I have the first twenty-something episodes burnt to disc, saw the next 25 or so on BitTorrent at the start of the month too, but not the other 25.

Erm. Hold on and I'll hit up the Novasearch.

EDITO: http://novasearch.net/?search=naruto&searc...None&order=desc

So, we're looking at bugger all for the first few episodes, and not much after episode 13.

If you want me to wing you the discs, I can. It sort of picks up after episode thirty, so it's only a matter of fighting for a handful of episodes.

No LOOK!

http://www.narutofan.com/index.php/content...timedia,torrent

Naruto 1-10 torrent, 28 seeders, 448 downloaders! You can get everything here

Oh look again! hee hee

narutohot.jpg

and this

and this

I started to watch this new show on Toonami called Big O. It had a nice little premise of a city called Paradign where the inhabitants have no memory of the past and it initially dealt with how they were coming to terms with daily life as a result of some unknown disaster that brought them to this state. All was progressing nicely until the arrival of a large robot into the mix which means every single epsiode ends up as animated Power Rangers. Most dissapointing.

I don't think Appleseed has been mentioned.

I started to watch this new show on Toonami called Big O. It had a nice little premise of a city called Paradign where the inhabitants have no memory of the past and it initially dealt with how they were coming to terms with daily life as a result of some unknown disaster that brought them to this state. All was progressing nicely until the arrival of a large robot into the mix which means every single epsiode ends up as animated Power Rangers. Most dissapointing.

I don't think Appleseed has been mentioned.

That's cos it's shit :)

Guest Two Heavens

Big O is fantastic! It's just a reasonably dumb show ripped off a million different things with bags of style and excellent characters. Great fun. I found the whole "What happened?" part adds a nice undercurrent to the show without overloading it with typical anime angsty crap.

Big O! It's showtime!

And stuff.

It's the best presented anime series I've seen, box wise at least.

:)

The "liner notes" are great too.

well just speaking of boxes.... the...

Berserk

box is rather nice (not the brick box but the DVD 1 + box, box)

B000065AYL.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Just remember that Sync point have STOPPED making the booklets for the dvds (FLCL) as to keep up prduction as it had a surge in sales thanks to adult swim.... so new versions of the disk comes with a card giving you a link to there website with a downloadable PDF of the booklets...

and for a Direct Download to a unlienced anime go here for

gunslinger girl ep02

http://www.fansub.info/fansub/gunslinger-girl-ep02.avi

and about ep 1 i hear you cry.... get it yourself :o

No LOOK!

http://www.narutofan.com/index.php/content...timedia,torrent

Naruto 1-10 torrent, 28 seeders, 448 downloaders! You can get everything here

Oh look again! hee hee

narutohot.jpg

and this

and this

Hrmf.

It's more fun if I save Laytey the bandwidth and he hooks me up with what I can't get a hold of, especially being reduced to 56K for the forseeable future.

I'm not that bothered on getting it really hard, fast and soon. I'm not nine. It's a good show, I've watched the entire first saga, but I sort of have other things to be busying myself. Like watching Risky Safety all over again.

But the film cover has lens flare...it can't be bad!

lol i think the graphic design was just introduced to photoshop on that project :unsure:.... from waht ive hers all the rpomo stiff for the film was not terribly good... so the bad front cover for the film dvd was expected....

all you people (er, 2 or 3?) who like excel saga must must must watch puni puni poemi. it's a 2 episode spin off series, and imo its even better.

Rather messed up though, isn't it?

Pre-teen lesbian sex and all that. In a totally hilarious way. It's all so very wronnggg.

But, it has Nabeshin in it, and he is the best character of all time.

AFURO!