IGNORED

The End Of Ico, What The...?

Droo

Ok, so i've just finished ICO for the first time about, 10 minutes ago. A great game, seriously good fun, if a bit taxing at times. But...

What the hell? Ok, so, ICO is drawn back into the castle, and you try to rescue her, y coming back up through the pipes at the foot of the fortress. Finally you reach her and have to fight off (what i gather to be) the souls of all the other boys like you (imprisioned in the caskets) and then finally the queen.

But can someone explain to me why yorda becomes one of the spirits, and THEN you find her still alive on the beech?

Im confused.

.::: Oooooooooooooooooo boy.... ;)

*gets favourite seat, crips and coke*

Maybe Boutros will join? :P

Yorda doesn't become one of the spirits, her body is needed as the Queen's new one, the sacrifice of all the honred boys is needed to compelte the transfer.

That Yorda is one the beach is either;

a] Because you're in Heaven and the beach is what Ico wants it to be.

b] The Queen was the only thing tying in Yorda with the castle meaning that she might be set free after both the castle and the Queen were gone.

c] Another theory I missed. ^_^

Yorda doesn't become one of the spirits, as the spirits are the previous boys to be entombed in the castle. Yorda is the Queen's daughter and is there to be sacrificed to keep the Queen alive. As you have killed the Queen, Yorda doesn't have to die.

It's not as bad as the ending to Dark Alliance. I seriously thought about snapping the disc in two after the finale.

I hated the Soul Reaver ending.

Fighting off every evil mutated vampire on the planet only to be greeted with a "TO BE CONTINUED!"

I hated the Soul Reaver ending.

Fighting off every evil mutated vampire on the planet only to be greeted with a "TO BE CONTINUED!"

Defiance does clear this up somewhat...

Yorda doesn't become one of the spirits, as the spirits are the previous boys to be entombed in the castle. Yorda is the Queen's daughter and is there to be sacrificed to keep the Queen alive. As you have killed the Queen, Yorda doesn't have to die.

Yeah, but that doesnt explain why yorda turns into a black spirit, then turns up in a body on the beech? does it?

Defiance does clear this up somewhat...

Yeah, but that doesnt explain why yorda turns into a black spirit, then turns up in a body on the beech? does it?

.::: Might be because she inherits the shadow-powers form the Queen as she is next in the royal line. And after the castle crumbled the Queens powers were no more.

.::: Yeah, it's so mythical it even has screenshots. :P

http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/nico/media/media1/

Those screens were around for ages under the name "Ico II". Edge finds out they're associated with a game called "Dragon Peace" by the Ico team (makes sense seeing as they're full of dragons, eh?), the internet decides they're from an Ico sequel bizarrely named "Nico" (seriously, who thought this made sense?), OPS2 links screens to this rumour.

Those screens were around for ages under the name "Ico II". Edge finds out they're associated with a game called "Dragon Peace" by the Ico team (makes sense seeing as they're full of dragons, eh?), the internet decides they're from an Ico sequel bizarrely named "Nico" (seriously, who thought this made sense?), OPS2 links screens to this rumour.

.::: Actually NICO makes perfect sense as a name (ni-ico, 2-ico, ah you must know it by now).

And next to that I always saw the two games as existing next to each other, not one cancelling the other out.

.::: Actually NICO makes perfect sense as a name (ni-ico, 2-ico, ah you must know it by now).

And next to that I always saw the two games as existing next to each other, not one cancelling the other out.

For some reason my brain always believed that the N meant "Not-ICO". Oh well.