IGNORED

Boards of Canada

Shoes

As I enjoy (only listen to) electronic music...

So do I and I feel like a freak sometimes.

Maybe something for a different thread, but I'm sure it was all the years of playing games as a kid that conditioned me into an electronic-music-only freak. :P

Maybe something for a different thread, but I'm sure it was all the years of playing games as a kid that conditioned me into an electronic-music-only freak. :(

I think it was Herbie Hancocks 'Rock It' that did it for me. And Africa Bambaataa.

And Ah-Ha. ;)

As I enjoy (only listen to) electronic music and I live in Edinburgh, you usually see them at the music events that I go to. Well, my other flatmate keeps pointing them out. He has had conversations with them. But they look like a lot of the other electronic music listeners so I'm not always sure who they are :)

Stupid claim to fame: early track 'Melissa Juice' is about my sister-in-law.

Anyone heard of Metamatics/Lee Norris?

Got FromDeath... and DopefortheRobot. Some really interesting stuff, if a little inconsistant. FromDeath is my favourite - 'Giant Sunflowers' is the kind of click-happy, lazy stuff that stands out. I love that track.

Electronic music covers quite a lot of different music styles. BoC are very different to Venetian Snares who is very different to Prefuse 73 who is very different to Knifehandchop etc.

they're not quite as different as say, Throbbing Gristle, though. variety is the spice of life as they say.

Yes, I know. I listen to a lot of electronica. That doesn't mean it's the only type of music that's worth hearing.

I've got a wide range in my own collection, but I've also had periods of my life where only one genre/style/type/blah will suffice and it was beneficial.

Twoism, Ina Beatuiful Place out in the Country, Hi-Scores and the Peel Sessions came today. Listening to the latter now. Aces.

'Oirectine' from Twoism is such a superb track, one of the Board's best. As is the beautiful 'Everything you do is a Balloon' on Hi Scores :P

Enjoy!

Aquarius is the best song in the world ever. The peel sessions version is EVEN BETTER than the one on the album!!

WORD

Have you seen them live?

The Peel Sessions are great. Did they do that live, or what?

well it's something to look forward to. can't believe it's been two years since Geogaddi, where has all the time gone!?

be interesting to see which direction they take their new stuff, i'm hoping for something a bit more minimal than Geogaddi more along the lines of In a Beautiful Place in The Country.

Music has the right was fantastic, but they've not hit the spot since. Quite repetative, and the chords are quite dull with no sence of Melonchaney.

I currently like that track about Lava forming, but forget where its from.

Has a nice break to it.

You lock really should check 'Bytes' by Black Dog Productions and Plaid's 'Trainer' featuring their stuff under the name 'Balil'.

That blows most stuff away.

Seconded on Black Dog. Bytes was the soundtrack to last summer. (well, second to Ulrich)

I've just today got hold of Donnacha Costello's album 'Together is the new alone' and it strikes me as a brilliantly minimal Geogaddi in places. Get it.

Edited by Futureshock