IGNORED

.hack

Haven't played it much since I got it, but I am quite intrigued by the whole chapters thing and the included anime. What does anyone else think about the game?

Yeah i got it (Free to boot <_< )

Anyway, im quite impressed. The whole idea of playing a game within a game is ver ywell done imo, with you geting emails from your gaming buddies, and the message board for the game in the game if you get what i mean. And seeing people talk in L337 is always a laff, or you talkto som

Graphically i think its showin its age slightly, having been out in the US for ages and apparently, they dont change at all in the sequals. Oh well, they aren't awful, and the character design is really cool. For some reasons the graphics look slightly better in cutscenes, but its not FMV so i dont know whats up with that.

Have fun!

You guys might want to check out .hack//SIGN, the first anime story set in "The World". Me, I hated it. But only because by half-way through it assumed you'd played the games, so knew who this and that person was.

Having recently finished infection I'd say it was a great little game and at about 20hrs to finish, not quite so mind numbing long to clock as the average say FF game.

The games are simple but fun...although trying to play all 4 one after the other will probably get very tedious as the main gameplay (wander around dungeon...kill lots of monsters) does get reptitive.

Main problem with the first game is while the plot is intruiging...not a huge amount happens...and the end is just bewildering. Whilst each plot tit bit interests you more and more by the end you don't know a huge amount more then you did by two hours into the game! :)

I've got all four on US (given parts 1-3 can now be got for $20-30 probably the best way of picking them up) and I'm looking forward to playing mutation but probably not for a few weeks yet...too much else to play <_<

Having recently finished infection I'd say it was a great little game and at about 20hrs to finish, not quite so mind numbing long to clock as the average say FF game.

The games are simple but fun...although trying to play all 4 one after the other will probably get very tedious as the main gameplay (wander around dungeon...kill lots of monsters) does get reptitive.

Main problem with the first game is while the plot is intruiging...not a huge amount happens...and the end is just bewildering. Whilst each plot tit bit interests you more and more by the end you don't know a huge amount more then you did by two hours into the game! :)

I've got all four on US (given parts 1-3 can now be got for $20-30 probably the best way of picking them up) and I'm looking forward to playing mutation but probably not for a few weeks yet...too much else to play <_<

Aye, it's the same thing with the anime tv series. Not a lot happens, yet it manages to confuse the shit out of you.

Does anyone know if the anime dvd's are gonna be released over here (I think there's 24 episodes)?If i'm going to play all four games i'd like to know the enitre story.

Yep all 28 eps is (including the ovas) are getting a release over 7 dvds.... cant remember the release date, but there on play.com....

They weren't there the last time i looked.Ah well.It seems two have been released so far.I guess more will arrive when the next game is out.I might buy these before i get the game.

Two... what? Anime discs? I had no idea ;)

You guys might want to check out .hack//SIGN, the first anime story set in "The World". Me, I hated it. But only because by half-way through it assumed you'd played the games, so knew who this and that person was.

Same here, I thought the anime had a lot of promise at first, but it soon turned into a steaming pile of donkey poop. Once bitten twice shy, as they say - the game looks promising but I'm not really prepared to splash the cash, especially as it's gotten generally middling reivews from the more respected reviewers (EGM, Edge, GamesTM, etc.)

Same here, I thought the anime had a lot of promise at first, but it soon turned into a steaming pile of donkey poop. Once bitten twice shy, as they say - the game looks promising but I'm not really prepared to splash the cash, especially as it's gotten generally middling reivews from the more respected reviewers (EGM, Edge, GamesTM, etc.)

The anime's got a lovely soundtrack, though, so at least it SOUNDS good ;)