Consolevania Episode 2

biglime

Hi.

Just to let you know, episode 2 of Consolevania will be ready on the 14th April.

We'll be going the download route again, but are also looking at ways of offering discs by post- with episodes 1 and 2 both on there. We'll stay in touch with you about that.

I'll take this opportunity to ask what you lot fancy seeing most out of these titles, for review in episode 3. (It's hard to believe we're talking about episode 3 already....)

So, you want to know about...

KUON (JPN PS2)

ARMORED CORE: NEXUS (JPN PS2)

HAJIME NO IPPO 2 (JPN PS2)

WARIOWARE INC. (USA GC)

Let us know! And also, for a feature we'll be doing in CV3 about really shite games with laugh out loud shitty moments, offer us some suggestions of your favourite shite games.

So roll on the 14th. And thanks, again, for all the support.

R.

Is there any way other than torrent i can get episode 1?

I'm posting Meh my copy of Consolevania so if you want me to copy that for you then just PM me your address and I'll send it when I send his.

Same with you, ILR!

Is there any way other than torrent i can get episode 1?

There was FTP download as well as torrent, but FTP just puts all the load on a single server and means that things get congested quite quickly. Is there a particular reason you can't use Torrent?

We'll be going the download route again, but are also looking at ways of offering discs by post- with episodes 1 and 2 both on there. We'll stay in touch with you about that.

So, you want to know about...

KUON (JPN PS2)

ARMORED CORE: NEXUS (JPN PS2)

HAJIME NO IPPO 2 (JPN PS2)

WARIOWARE INC. (USA GC)

A review of Warioware Inc would be peachy. Especially if you could make sure you include all the menus on there, because then I'd be able to just keep my Jap version and know what everything actually says.

Also - for those of us that already have episode 1 on CD, will you be sending out a new CD with ep 2 on it? Postage costs could be reimbursed!

I'm posting Meh my copy of Consolevania so if you want me to copy that for you then just PM me your address and I'll send it when I send his.

Same with you, ILR!

Good man, Soong.

That's the spirit!

Oh, and we will of course be doing Western game reviews in CV3- we just like some input into the imports...otherwise we'd end up reviewing the obscure shite I like.

No interest in Kuon then? :)

R.

I haven't read this anywhere else so I'll ask now - what are your plans for Consolevania? I assume you guys have full time jobs, or otherwise how coud you afford to run it? I'm also guessing that you want to make money out of it somehow eventually - what's your plans in that respect?

I just don't see where you get A: the time, and B: the money to make this sort of thing. Will it eventually pay for itself? Cmon folks let us know the future of consolevania, why are you doing it? Or is it to get some experience to launch yourselves into TV or add to a portofolio?

No interest in Kuon then? :)

Personally I'd be interested in seeing Kuon, simply because I know very little about it, just as with Bujingai before the first episode. That's not to say that I'm not interested in the others, but the beauty of a show like Consolevania is that it can bring me information on a game I otherwise might not have looked twice at. And naked men in a shower.

Don't do Armored Core. Cacky will pick holes in you.

Not at all. The Consolevania guys know what they are talking about (simply because they have sodding played the damn games!). Naturally, I am expecting them to say how fucking great Nexus is (because, well, it is).

:)

biglime: perhaps it would be better to ship CDs the the people who are distributing it electronically, so it can be all DivXed and torrented up to its eyeballs: it was a bit of a faff last time.

Agreed, but we need to be careful not to have many different torrents serving the same files. If this happens, trackers will be all over the place, some torrents will be dead/unused/unseeded and non-technical people trying to download will just become lost.

Closer to the time I'll start a thread to discuss the technical side of distributing Episode 2 so we don't swamp the Consolevania content threads with techie chatter.