IGNORED

Paper Mario 2 shots

No Control

I must be totally fed up with games. I've read all the posts in this thread and I've looked at the pictures, and the two just don't seem to go together.

In all fairness it's been ages since I've been impressed by graphics, but I still can't see what's SO exciting about those shots. It's all a bit... meh.

I'm worried about you. When I start worrying about you, you should start worrying.

how anyone can say it looks amazing after playing windwaker is beyond me, however. are you sure you're not just creaming yourselves over it because of the fact that it's a stylised 2d mario game?

More likely because it's a sequel to Paper Mario, which is ace.

how anyone can say it looks amazing after playing windwaker is beyond me, however. are you sure you're not just creaming yourselves over it because of the fact that it's a stylised 2d mario game?

I think Yoshi's Island has the best graphics of any Nintendo game ever, even up to this present day - Prime and WW included.

The quality of the graphics was in the heart and style not the amount of sprites (or in todays terms polygons) it shifted.

This game looks lovely.

i understand that, which is why i used windwaker as an example rather than doom 3 or something. from an artistic perspective things are a lot more subjective and i do think it looks pretty. just not amazing. by any stretch of the imagination. i think at least a few of you are exagerating your excitement greatly.

Paper Mario was amazing purely for Peach's adventures. Anyone who has played it will know what I am talking about :D The poster who said it was still available for £45, buy.it.now. You will not be dissapointed.

Meh. I like something a bit different but that just looks... Meh. What exactly is so great about designing them out of paper. Put me down as underwhelmed. I really am starting to thing that mario should be out out to stud.

well, I sooo adore the realism achieved by SC, GR, MoH, FC, R6:3 etc etc. I WANT MORE!!!!

note for the simple: I don't really want more, I want variation.

Meh. I like something a bit different but that just looks... Meh. What exactly is so great about designing them out of paper. Put me down as underwhelmed. I really am starting to thing that mario should be out out to stud.

It's more the fun effects they do with the visuals, the characters especially. It may in the end just be a singular idea, but still it does do the job of looking different and eyecatching, which isn't common these days.

Underwhelmed also. Frankly it looks a bit of a mess to me. I'm really not keen on the backgrounds at all. Sure it's not about the number of polys, etc, but that just looks Hi-res N64 to me...there's some awfully dodgy looking shading and textures going on. Surely it's possible to get the 'made from paper' look without it looking quite so cheap?

But i'm not really that concerned about the graphics, just wondering where all this gushing is coming from. Boy, i'm going to be popular now.

well, I sooo adore the realism achieved by SC, GR, MoH, FC, R6:3 etc etc. I WANT MORE!!!!

note for the simple: I don't really want more, I want variation.

Variation is all well and good, but these shots just look, well, dull. FFS, Mario and Luigi wandering around another fantastical land... Isn't it about time Mario just gave up the ghost?

Gotta say this doesn't really grab me either.

Yoshi's story is adorable, this looks.....tiresome(run for cover).

Obviously with something as styalised as this you do need to see it running, but as someone just said, looks like a high resN64 game.

The words flogging, dead(well dying anyway) and horse spring to mind.

For Christ sake is it not time for Mario to piss off? I've had enough.

Despite this Mrio and Luigi superstar was great(damn).

I remember thinking my 64 is done for. And Paper Mario was one of the last I bought for the console.

And I didn't leave it's sight for weeks until it was finished. Totally absorbing, funny, and just lovely.

And its amusing how Ninty are using the same neighborhood from the first game.

Now all I want is to the game be twice the size of the first. And a bonus disc featuring the first game.

I'm in love.

Underwhelmed also. Frankly it looks a bit of a mess to me. I'm really not keen on the backgrounds at all. Sure it's not about the number of polys, etc, but that just looks Hi-res N64 to me...there's some awfully dodgy looking shading and textures going on. Surely it's possible to get the 'made from paper' look without it looking quite so cheap?
Rez is gorgeous. Ico is beautiful. Animal Crossing is cute and lovely.

This is... Meh.

Gotta say this doesn't really grab me either.

Yoshi's story is adorable, this looks.....tiresome(run for cover).

Thank God for these quotes. So I'm not 'dead inside'. I'd like to have been able to leave my monitor for a few minutes while I went to pleasure myself at the thought of those screenshots, as it appears quite a few others in this thread have done, but I just don't see anything to get excited over. And I grew up as a Ninty fanboy, too.

Maybe some of you have still yet to see a vagina?

It dos'ent matter to me that this game looks a bit similiar to Paper Mario 1, that game was brilliant, and filled with great touches. Peach having her own adventure rather than waiting to be rescued was one of them.

Thank God for these quotes. So I'm not 'dead inside'. I'd like to have been able to leave my monitor for a few minutes while I went to pleasure myself at the thought of those screenshots, as it appears quite a few others in this thread have done, but I just don't see anything to get excited over. And I grew up as a Ninty fanboy, too.

Maybe some of you have still yet to see a vagina?

So fantastic artistry, the world over, is completely pointless and a complete waste of time when you've got TEH SEX!!!!1

Okay, so you're not dead inside. You're just completely fucking ignorant.

I'm no ninny fan, but those shots do look nice, and anyway, the platform game genre is pretty bloody dead (3D or 2D).

I mean, Sega's latest games are utter pish, and most of the other platform games are just boring and have NO CHARACTER!

"but this retains the orignal mario worldy styling, whilst being distinctively future retro."

Ya Ken?

Edited by Afterbirth

So fantastic artistry, the world over, is completely pointless and a complete waste of time when you've got TEH SEX!!!!1

Okay, so you're not dead inside. You're just completely fucking ignorant.

This isn't fantastic artistry, though, not even close. And if you genuinely think it is fantastic artistry, you need to look at more art. Some games, like Rez, verge on that, but this doesn't. But I'm not spending my Sunday debating this, because I don't care and neither should anyone else. If you're excited over it, good for you. I'm not, good for me.

For Christ sake is it not time for Mario to piss off?  I've had enough.

Despite this Mario and Luigi superstar was great(damn).

Err....

:blink:

Oh, and I've never seen a vagina.....

.....as pretty as these shots.

Edited by Sabreman