IGNORED

Galleon

BubbleFish

The game's not out yet until mid-June. df0 has played it and thinks it sucks rat sweat but having read the CVG review then either it's just a matter of taste or one of them hasn't played it properly (only joking df0 of course :)).

I've just read the CVG review of Galleon (the one that gives it 92%) and all I can say is bloody hell.

That is one of the most positive reviews I've read about a game for ages.

Interest level +2 ;)

I wonder if SCi had any influence on CVG for them to get that exclusive review!

The game's not out yet until mid-June. df0 has played it and thinks it sucks rat sweat but having read the CVG review then either it's just a matter of taste or one of them hasn't played it properly (only joking df0 of course :unsure:).

I don't like it either, but I think it's actualy a matter of how much you're willing to forgive in order to enjoy it. I actualy played it again today to see how there can be this differing opinion between myself and those who like it. The first level, it looks so promising, and the forgiving really starts from there. Do you forgive a hold by the hand (VERY tightly) tutorial which forces you to perform every single move in the game? Maybe. Do you forgive a fighting system which has no lock on ability and is at best mundane, and at worse hair-pullingly unfair? Hmmm. How about inconsistent game-world laws (Sometimes you can grab that, other times you fall right through)? The list goes on really, and I would be spoiling the game for those who want to play through it (Some faults would be spoilers).

In the end, I found it far to frustrating, whic is a shame because there are loads of good things about it. The controls didn't make me feel "in control", the fighting was frustrating, the platforming was tame and even boring.... meh.

Still though, there are obviously people who have enjoyed it despite these faults so I wouldn't write it off just yet. Give it a rent and see what you think.