IGNORED

.hack Infection

Meh

Picked this up yesterday, didn't play it till late tonight, and it's actually pretty good!

Spot-on PAL conversion (though you can tell it's frame-skipping, it has a weird stutter, but eh), GOOD voices (though you can only unlock the Japanese voices when you COMPLETE THE GAME :rolleyes: ), nice little touches here and there, and it looks very similar to .hack/SIGN, the anime which was released pretty much alongside it in Japan.

Playing this is making me want to watch the anime again, as I've noticed that the city you start off in is the same one as in SIGN. Very nice. I hope Subaru pops up. Bless her.

Recommended!

Oh, and a 45-minute OVA is packaged with it. Still ain't watched it yet.

Apparently, both SIGN and Infection are part of the same story, only coming together in the last parts of each. The anime is incredibly depressing and angst-ridden in places though, but it has an awesome, lovely soundtrack. Give it a bash on torrent or wait for the upcoming R2 discs.

I've only had a look at it, I'm gonna start it in a couple of days.I was hoping to play through the game with japanese voices, As i can't stand Kites voice.It's a bit stupid that i can't first time through but it doesn't matter now.

Is it worth watchng the anime first?Am i missing out on something important?I was gonna pick the dvd's up in a few months.

SIGN is a prequel to the games, and it's being release here on DVD soon.

ILLUMINALITY has hidden keywords in it that you can use in the games, so you whould watch each OAV before you play the corresponding game.

Hack//infection and R-Type Final...I think this thread has swayed me :ph34r:

Now I've got FFX out of the way, I can afford some time to a new RPG.

"Unlocking" the Japanese dialogue seems rather stupid: it's hardly enough incentive to play through a game you just completed again.

Still, it's starting to go quite cheap here and there at the moment, so I think I'll pick it up soonish.

SIGN is a prequel to the games, and it's being release here on DVD soon.

ILLUMINALITY has hidden keywords in it that you can use in the games, so you whould watch each OAV before you play the corresponding game.

Aye, you're right there about the prequel thing. Had to slap myself a few times later on when I was reading about it in Newtype.

If it's a prequel to the games then i wonder why they didn't release the Dvd's before the first game, Especially if it's important to the game.The first two dvd's aren't being released until the 26th.I may go through ebay and buy the R1 discs.

If it's a prequel to the games then i wonder why they didn't release the Dvd's before the first game, Especially if it's important to the game.The first two dvd's aren't being released until the 26th.I may go through ebay and buy the R1 discs.

Blame the half-arsed way they're doing it over here. Still, two on the 26th? Excellent. I saw up to something like ep 16 a while back, and it got a bit confusing for me. Helba was in it for all of two seconds, and then never appeared again. Didn't know what the bloody hell Bear was talking to her about. Oh, and the OVA you get with the game is interesting, though the art is bloody horrible, and similar to Final Fantasy *fucking* Unlimited's. Still, there's some interviews, an explanation of "The World", and other nice goodies on the disc.

Right, now I'm off to Chosen Hopeless Nothingness, the keyword combo I heard in the OVA. Hurrah.

Hehe, good luck ;)

Bugger, the Chosen keyword isn't on the Delta server, it seems, so bleh.

This game is HARD. Went to meet someone, alone, had to go through a whole dungeon myself, and it's sodding impossible to kill this big green thing. I kick its arse for a while, then it unleashes an attack which takes out all my health. What a cunt.

You need to blast its ass with magic.

Its a wood element so kill it with earth (raining rocks etc)

Shit! So that's why I was getting so many bloody raining rock scrolls from chests. Silly, silly me.

Shit! So that's why I was getting so many bloody raining rock scrolls from chests. Silly, silly me.

lol

The games subtle like that!

I tended to carry a few different armours around and swap when neccesary to get the right magic as the elemental blasts tend to make short work of most monsters.

(usual predictable thing: ice beats fire, earth beats wood, darkness beats thunder etc etc)

Oh and you get chosen as a keyword on the other server in the game (revealed about half way through).

There's the odd very tricky dungeon in the game but the rest of it is fairly easy...the big problem is the dungeons can take ages and you can't save within them. Major frustration when the boss kills you!

And those bloody evil walking treasure chests that enchant you into killing your mates....grrrr

Guest R-lench

Woah! You can only use the Japanese soundtrack once you've completed the game?! That's probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Why isn't it available from the beginning?

And with vol. 2 released in June...how many gamers are going to finish part 1, and replay it through to the end before June...JUST TO EXPERIENCE IT HOW IT SHOULD BE PLAYED :)

I have part 1, played it for a bit and really like it. But the voices are crap and put me off carrying on. So there's no way to play this in Japanese without finishing it first?

I have part 1, played it for a bit and really like it. But the voices are crap and put me off carrying on.

The opening section in the game put me off.The voices for Kite and Orca are awful.I can put up with it though.

lol

The games subtle like that!

I tended to carry a few different armours around and swap when neccesary to get the right magic as the elemental blasts tend to make short work of most monsters.

(usual predictable thing: ice beats fire, earth beats wood, darkness beats thunder etc etc)

Oh and you get chosen as a keyword on the other server in the game (revealed about half way through).

There's the odd very tricky dungeon in the game but the rest of it is fairly easy...the big problem is the dungeons can take ages and you can't save within them. Major frustration when the boss kills you!

And those bloody evil walking treasure chests that enchant you into killing your mates....grrrr

I Raging Rocked that green flying BASTARD to death, and none of his HP went down, and I couldn't use Drain on it. I then thought "I'll get close to it and slash a bit", and then got raped for my troubles by a fire blast.

Fuck. That. Took more than an hour to get there, TWICE, and I have no intention of doing it again.

I Raging Rocked that green flying BASTARD to death, and none of his HP went down, and I couldn't use Drain on it. I then thought "I'll get close to it and slash a bit", and then got raped for my troubles by a fire blast.

Fuck. That. Took more than an hour to get there, TWICE, and I have no intention of doing it again.

The bosses have infinite hitpoints until you get a chance to drain so its hard to tell if you are doing any damage....you can only kill them after they've been data drained.

Keep hammering him with any earth magic and eventually you'll be able to drain him...then smash him about a bit and he'll fall but for gods sake don't get too close...without an ally to revive you you'll be toast.

The bosses have infinite hitpoints until you get a chance to drain so its hard to tell if you are doing any damage....you can only kill them after they've been data drained.

Keep hammering him with any earth magic and eventually you'll be able to drain him...then smash him about a bit and he'll fall but for gods sake don't get too close...without an ally to revive you you'll be toast.

What if I run out?... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hurrah! I finally killed that *fucking* boss.

Then this stupid cat woman and a level 3 Idiot wanted me to go to this hacked place where they get killed a lot due to the worst NPC AI of ALL TIME, leaving me to kill the boss by myself. Then, we spawn back to town, and they happily run into walls. :)

It's getting gradually worse...

Then this stupid cat woman and a level 3 Idiot wanted me to go to this hacked place where they get killed a lot due to the worst NPC AI of ALL TIME, leaving me to kill the boss by myself. Then, we spawn back to town, and they happily run into walls. ;)

I struggled for ages with the AI.

But then it just clicked.

Having a dedicated healer to hang around the back and having another character wade in with you is great fun.

I must admit though that I only really got it working more by blind luck and randomly selecting options than by knowing what to do, but now I have the basics down its going pretty well.

Watched the DVD last night (I'm only about 10 hours in) and can't wait to go explore the area it suggested.

I struggled for ages with the AI.

But then it just clicked.

Having a dedicated healer to hang around the back and having another character wade in with you is great fun.

I must admit though that I only really got it working more by blind luck and randomly selecting options than by knowing what to do, but now I have the basics down its going pretty well.

Watched the DVD last night (I'm only about 10 hours in) and can't wait to go explore the area it suggested.

Ain't on Delta server, remember.

God, I hate Elk. Whiny bastard. Thought it was Tsukasa from .hack//SIGN at first. Bah.

Then this stupid cat woman and a level 3 Idiot wanted me to go to this hacked place where they get killed a lot due to the worst NPC AI of ALL TIME, leaving me to kill the boss by myself. Then, we spawn back to town, and they happily run into walls. ;)

Hey Mia rocks - she's just so obsessed with Kite's bracelet its not true. Her relationship with Elk is hilarious as well.

Anyway you need to level this pair up on some easier random levels and give them some decent armour/weapons - trust me it'll make life easier for you in the long run!

Hey Mia rocks - she's just so obsessed with Kite's bracelet its not true. Her relationship with Elk is hilarious as well.

Anyway you need to level this pair up on some easier random levels and give them some decent armour/weapons - trust me it'll make life easier for you in the long run!

Got any Aromatic Grass?