Jump to content
rllmuk

Recommended Posts

Finished Eva and End of Eva for the first time in 17 years, give or take. I actually found elements of Shinji and his depression/ avoidance appallingly relatable and kinda wish I got what was going on in the show more back when I was a teenager.

 

It’s still bananas. Love it. Are the “remake” movies any good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spacehost said:

Finished Eva and End of Eva for the first time in 17 years, give or take. I actually found elements of Shinji and his depression/ avoidance appallingly relatable and kinda wish I got what was going on in the show more back when I was a teenager.

 

It’s still bananas. Love it. Are the “remake” movies any good?

They are perfect almost, 3rd film problems withstanding. Won’t spoil them, but there’s more to get out of them than just a standard retelling. The animation is also on another level.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New show Babylon (available on Amazon) looks interesting for something a bit different from Isekai, school or boobs. Only seen the first episode (they released 3 today) but it's a thriller involving police investigating a pharmaceutical company which quickly seems to spread into a wider conspiracy and an unexpected ending to ep 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/10/2019 at 12:15, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Carole and Tuesday ep 24 Spoilers

Exactly what I thought.

loved this show so much. Gonna be listening to these songs for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

forget that shit, AOTS incoming!

 

Quote

XL Joushi.

 

Running short of money, office lady Saki Watase is introduced to a part-time job where she's tasked with reviewing XL-size condoms. While receiving an escort home after a night of drinking, Saki's "demon" boss Keisuke Sudou notices that she's carrying a large quantity of condom. Once Saki explains her circumstances, Keisuke reveals that he is XL-size. A romance between the two thus begins.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate the waiting so started a fresh run through on Thunderbolt Fantasy in preparation for the 3rd season. Right from the off that series is gold, very strong story and fun characters as it goes along, really wish more studio's could do the puppets as it's fascinating stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fall anime has started but nothing has stood out.

 

The legend of the galactic heroes has resumed, but it looks like all the best shows coming start around the 14th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey i was trying to watch "Blade Of The Immortal" over on Amazon but I'm epileptic and besides being really shocked there was no warning (besides the nudity and violence) does the flickering image style at the start of the episode continue throughout?

 

I really want to watch it but don't want to risk a fit over it. 

 

I know you are all probably going "wtf" but it's a legitimate concern for me I'm afraid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anything good this season?

 

This year I've watched Demon Hunter and JoJo and that's is. Have I missed anything good? I've read the manga of BHNA/TPN/Dr Stone so will skip the animes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just popped the All 4 app on my Xbox and they have some Anime under the animation section.

 

Cowboy Bebop, Tokyo Ghoul, Megabox and Visions Of Escaflowne.

 

im loving watching VOE but I remember it so well from the first time round. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/10/2019 at 21:05, The Eagle Lord said:

Just popped the All 4 app on my Xbox and they have some Anime under the animation section.

 

Cowboy Bebop, Tokyo Ghoul, Megabox and Visions Of Escaflowne.

 

im loving watching VOE but I remember it so well from the first time round. 

 

Yeah enjoyed VOE movie too, it was such a different take as well.

 

Anyway has anyone seen Promare movie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

So, I’m following up Evangelion by watching The Secret of Blue Water(!). Are the infamous Island Episodes really that bad, and if they are, how far do I skip ahead? :unsure: 

 

Watch all of Nadia, get the full experience.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally watched Giant Robo after all these years. Owned the first 2 eps on VHS tape from Wh smiths yonks ago but now I feel like I unlocked an achievement. It was OK, the animation was great and the designs were brill but yeah nothing that wasn't done before better or after. However, I guess communication was key none of this stuff would have happened.

 

Anyway rewatched X 1999 again just becase and then X the TV series for another time. Forgotten how bleak it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Promare...

 

Having not seen the series' that Studio Trigger are most famous for (Kill la Kill being the biggest) I wasn't 100% sure what to expect.

 

The film is an absolute assault on the senses with barely any downtime to catch breath or compose oneself. it starts at ten and continues dialing it up for the rest of the runtime past eleventy-stupid to somewhere near twenty-daft-as-you-like.

 

The art style is interesting with lots of angularity (triangular flames, square lens flare) and bright, bold colours. The implementation of CG is, on the whole, well done allowing for some fantastic sweeping camera shots during the many action scenes but this is also the films biggest drawback as it all just felt a bit lightweight and lacking.

 

It was visually splendid, the songs were catchy J-Pop goodness, the voice artists enthusiastic but overall it just felt all style, no substance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, teddymeow said:

So, Promare...

 

Having not seen the series' that Studio Trigger are most famous for (Kill la Kill being the biggest) I wasn't 100% sure what to expect.

 

The film is an absolute assault on the senses with barely any downtime to catch breath or compose oneself. it starts at ten and continues dialing it up for the rest of the runtime past eleventy-stupid to somewhere near twenty-daft-as-you-like.

 

The art style is interesting with lots of angularity (triangular flames, square lens flare) and bright, bold colours. The implementation of CG is, on the whole, well done allowing for some fantastic sweeping camera shots during the many action scenes but this is also the films biggest drawback as it all just felt a bit lightweight and lacking.

 

It was visually splendid, the songs were catchy J-Pop goodness, the voice artists enthusiastic but overall it just felt all style, no substance.

 

Kill La Kill is the shit, Studio Trigger are amazing but yeah they're definitely style over substance at times its probably why Iove them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any apps on android that will allow me to watch some popular anime for free? It’s easy watching whilst on the gym treadmill. I just finished blade of the immortal, it was very strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2019 at 21:59, carlospie said:

Are there any apps on android that will allow me to watch some popular anime for free? It’s easy watching whilst on the gym treadmill. I just finished blade of the immortal, it was very strange. 

 

Sites mainly but most that do are riddled with ads. Unless you buy a Crunchyroll sub (which you should because its ace value).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24 November 2019 at 19:24, Protocol Penguin said:

So, I’m following up Evangelion by watching The Secret of Blue Water(!). Are the infamous Island Episodes really that bad, and if they are, how far do I skip ahead? :unsure: 

 

Skip forward about 7 episodes, maybe 8 even. Otherwise you will feel you're marooned on that damn island too by the end of it! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I'm watching Neon Genesis Evangelion, and... I'm not enjoying it. Is this sacrilege? 

 

It seems to be pretty much universally acclaimed, but I'm just not seeing it. I mean, it's a giant-mecha-fighting-aliens series, which is a genre I have very little interest in to begin with, so it's starting with a disadvantage there. But I'm not seeing anything to redeem it. 

 

The characters aren't doing anything for me. Shinji's a bland milquetoast crybaby, his mates are irritating, the other pilot is a null-character, the other other pilot is annoying, the officer woman shinji lives with is annoying. The only character thing which has any interest for me is why is shinji's dad such a dick to him? All the rest can just sod off though.

 

As for the plot, there are many questions to be answered, like what are the angels? What really happened 15 years ago? What is the true nature of the EVAs? All of which, meh, I don't really care.

 

The worst thing though is all the bawdy "oh no, I've accidentally seen you naked, 14-year-old girl, and my shock and embarrassment has made me trip over, and now I'm lying on top of you and my hands are on your tits. How embarrassing!" type humour. Ugh.

 

I do like the music, however. A real 80s cartoon vibe. Reminds me of Dungeons & Dragons.

 

What am I missing? Everyone raves about Evangelion, but just not seeing it so far. I'm half way through, I think. Episode 13?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.