The last episode of Cells at Work has got to be one of the funniest in a while

Spoiler

The idea of the Dentritic Cell getting so drunk on lactic acid that he activates all the immune cells by blackmailing them with embarrassing photos is inspired :lol:

Has anyone been watching Wonder Egg Priority? It's kindof a Magical Girl anime if a magical girl anime was about suicide, loss, pain and abuse but interspersed with friendship and hope.

It's also really weird. I'm two episodes in and really enjoying it. Great character designs too.

The trailer doesn't give much away

Anime adjacent this one. There's a live action version of Laid-Back Camp that I'd like to watch. However its name is almost identical to the anime so it's a struggle trying to find it. Does anyone know if it's streaming anywhere legit or a good torrent site I can snag it from?

https://mydramalist.com/52581-yurucamp

On 09/03/2021 at 12:38, Flub said:

Anime adjacent this one. There's a live action version of Laid-Back Camp that I'd like to watch. However its name is almost identical to the anime so it's a struggle trying to find it. Does anyone know if it's streaming anywhere legit or a good torrent site I can snag it from?

https://mydramalist.com/52581-yurucamp

Have you tried Nyaa? https://nyaa.si/?f=0&c=4_0&q=yuru

20 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

The Devil Is a Part-Timer. Really good series from 2013 that only got a single season.

Yeah, very enjoyable first season. Hope they don't give it to a completely different team...

On 09/03/2021 at 18:32, Lorfarius said:

The Devil Is a Part-Timer. Really good series from 2013 that only got a single season.

Thanks for that. 

I've just watched the first episode, and it was fantastic.

The scene where they go to the estate agents had me in stitches. 

Can't wait to watch more episodes. 

7 hours ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

the prospect of spending months if not years avoiding spoilers :seanr: 

I think I’ll probably end up watching a Google translated cam rip. It won’t be a great way to experience it, but it’ll be better than finding out the entire plot slowly from YouTube titles. My hours watching videos about Eva are really coming back to bite me. 

Last 2 episodes of Re:Zero have been real tear jerkers.

Spoiler

Thought the first half was a bit boring then it just started getting better and better, that bit with Bettie had me welling up. All those years trapped and Subaru asks her to help him and he finally takes her outside. What a show.

On 14/03/2021 at 20:58, JohnC said:

No AoT today due to an earthquake interrupting the TV broadcast. Apparently only about 3 minutes left, but they made streamers pull it anyway.

I didn't know about the earthquake so it just ended abruptly for me on the site I watched it on. However where it did could have easily been the end of the episode anyway (it was a really great moment to).

Levi you daft twat :lol:

Spoiler

Not sure putting a makeshift boobytrap bomb on someone and then putting them in enough pain that they want to kill themselves is the best idea! Not when sitting beside them anyway  

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2021 at 13:49, Flub said:

Has anyone been watching Wonder Egg Priority? It's kindof a Magical Girl anime if a magical girl anime was about suicide, loss, pain and abuse but interspersed with friendship and hope.

It's also really weird. I'm two episodes in and really enjoying it. Great character designs too.

The trailer doesn't give much away

yeah it’s really good. Only 3 months to wait for the final ep :/

b4a.jpeg

:lol:

'I've got a great idea for a series, Magical Girls based on famous fighter/test pilots battling aliens in a alternate WW2'

'sounds great, but it's missing something'

'I've not finished. They're always in their underpants. Always'

'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'

Did anyone else stick with Jujutsu Kaisen?

I started watching it as something to turn off my brain to but ended up really enjoying it. Some great nonsense-logic twists of fortune in the battles, especially in the final mini-arc.

On 02/03/2021 at 15:20, Benny said:

I should make clear that my reading of AoT so far is also that it doesn't appear to be intentionally leaning on anti-Semitic tropes, though sometimes it does seem to be threading the line so close it's hard to tell why it's leaning into them so much. It's an interesting thing to discuss because I don't think there is a show as popular currently that wears such representations on it's sleeve quite so blatantly. The core themes of the show are still that oppression and war is bad, so it's not outright offensive, but it definitely has content that warrants wider discussion.

It does seem (if being rather benefit of the doubt-y and also potentially racist), that there is quite a lot of ignorance on the part of the author.

I’m quite surprised people are able to keep up with the storyline, I’m reading the manga and by this point I have very little idea what is going on.

On 08/03/2021 at 08:15, Lorfarius said:

Wow, 8 year break and its back:

Honestly thought that may be Ippo when said 8 year break. I need more Ippo :(

Attack on Titan, some new thoughts on the end of this series:

Spoiler

Armin being moved to tears at the idea of a plan to achieve peace by sterilising every Eldian... WTF?!

And I don't mean tears of sadness either. The show seem to be pushing the idea that some "good guys" might be okay with the forced "euthanisation" of an entire race.

I really hope it's just a bait and switch, because I was trying to give the show the benefit of the doubt before but now it just feel like it's trolling everyone.

Spoiler

It really had to be a bait and switch, there's no other explanation. I think it knows exactly what it's doing. It's being edgy because it knows people are going to react this way and I'm a sucker. So even then it's really manipulative storytelling.

God damnit I should just go back to Jo Jo :lol:

Here's a general impression I get from Attack on Titan at the moment, following on from other comments I've made about it in the thread, (spoilers of course):

Spoiler

It kind of likes to set up things that are bad and work through them to explain in the end why they were bad. In some ways feels like a show made by someone who had just discovered what the holocaust was, and writing it was their way of trying to process what they had read about. Sometimes watching these later seasons it feels like watching the writer go through all the possible reasons for why a holocaust could be "justified" and then rejecting them one by one as they are brought up in the story.

It's really really weird, but I do wonder if it is literally just a product of a bit of ignorance combined with a desire to understand or discuss certain things that just comes across at times in a fairly childish way.

Of course ultimately there are few answers for someone who wanted to understand why the holocaust happened. There is no justification for hatred or genocide, and it doesn't take a whole multi season show to explain that concept.

On 05/04/2021 at 15:59, Benny said:

Attack on Titan, some new thoughts on the end of this series:

Hide contents

Armin being moved to tears at the idea of a plan to achieve peace by sterilising every Eldian... WTF?!

And I don't mean tears of sadness either. The show seem to be pushing the idea that some "good guys" might be okay with the forced "euthanisation" of an entire race.

I really hope it's just a bait and switch, because I was trying to give the show the benefit of the doubt before but now it just feel like it's trolling everyone.

Hide contents

It really had to be a bait and switch, there's no other explanation. I think it knows exactly what it's doing. It's being edgy because it knows people are going to react this way and I'm a sucker. So even then it's really manipulative storytelling.

God damnit I should just go back to Jo Jo :lol:

Spoiler

I figured Armin was crying because he was overwhelmed by the horror of the choices, is it ok to sterilise them all to stop the Titans existing and all the pain that could cause etc, rather than crying with joy because he was so into the idea of sterilising an entire race? Obviously that stuff is harder to read in the manga though and I’m not bothering with any more of the anime until it’s over.