Jump to content
IGNORED

Anime


Sekiro
 Share

Recommended Posts

It's so odd though.

 

I've not seen it, but my nephews were made for it, some animation I had seen looked really tight and well done. 

 

Trends in Manga / Anime are so weird these days, I can't figure them out at all.

 

I've always been a Shōnen bitch and I openly admit that, and I wait each month with glee for the latest Dragonball Chapter or Super Dragonball Heroes episode.

 

But certain things that are popular just don't click with me at all, and certain things I love even though they are done over time and time again, I really get into.

 

I'm watching or have just finished watching:-

 

SK8,

Godzilla Singular Point,

Seven Deadly Sins,

Super Dragonball Heroes,

Digimon 2020,

Demon Slayer.

Boruto.

 

I enjoy them all, even though the animation varies from shite to amazing (Demon Slayer Mugen Train great example), I just keep going through them. I used to think that it's just because I read the Manga, but I think the level of quality is just so good these days it keeps me interested. 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, SaintAnselm said:

Jujutsu is so generic it hurts, but it seems that kind of manga/anime is very popular these days, even though it’s been a million times before and usually better.

Yeah it looks so generic but there's so many people talking about this series that I thought I was going crazy not watching it. The only thing I liked from the first few episodes was the Hammer Girl, only because the idea was amusing to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Arn X Treme said:

It's so odd though.

 

I've not seen it, but my nephews were made for it, some animation I had seen looked really tight and well done. 

 

Trends in Manga / Anime are so weird these days, I can't figure them out at all.

 

I've always been a Shōnen bitch and I openly admit that, and I wait each month with glee for the latest Dragonball Chapter or Super Dragonball Heroes episode.

 

But certain things that are popular just don't click with me at all, and certain things I love even though they are done over time and time again, I really get into.

 

I'm watching or have just finished watching:-

 

SK8,

Godzilla Singular Point,

Seven Deadly Sins,

Super Dragonball Heroes,

Digimon 2020,

Demon Slayer.

Boruto.

 

I enjoy them all, even though the animation varies from shite to amazing (Demon Slayer Mugen Train great example), I just keep going through them. I used to think that it's just because I read the Manga, but I think the level of quality is just so good these days it keeps me interested. 

 

 

 

 

 

I think its due to also how accessible and how much anime is released nowadays. Most anime series do not have any staying power, they're talked about and then its onto the next fad. 

 

The closest thing I thought was amazing was Shiro Bako, slice of life concerning her trying to get into the anime industry. Highly recommended.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, yakumo said:

Its only 24 episodes, so I probably binge it.  But maybe I'm getting old?.

 

Nah, good anime will always be good anime. I'm well hooked on Tokyo Revengers at the moment at 24 eps which has had the best mid season show I've seen in years. Bit like Erased from 4/5 years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

 

Nah, good anime will always be good anime. I'm well hooked on Tokyo Revengers at the moment at 24 eps which has had the best mid season show I've seen in years. Bit like Erased from 4/5 years ago.

 

I would be watching Tokyo Revengers but only recently read the manga, at the moments its too fresh in my head to watch.  I catch it later though as I always find it interesting how they adapt manga to anime. Talking about manga to anime, they butchered Record of Ragnarok, I was pretty hyped after hearing about this but I say avoid as it would turn you off the source material completely.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

 

Nah, good anime will always be good anime. I'm well hooked on Tokyo Revengers at the moment at 24 eps which has had the best mid season show I've seen in years. Bit like Erased from 4/5 years ago.

I’m enjoying Tokyo Revengers too. And Odd Taxi, which is like a low-key yakuza-themed series with anthropomorphic animals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

I’m enjoying Tokyo Revengers too. And Odd Taxi, which is like a low-key yakuza-themed series with anthropomorphic animals.

 

I've been saving that one for the anime lul during season end. First few eps were really good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

I found the Manga got boring really quickly!

 

I'll still watch it till all the cool kids keep telling me how they were "into it from the manga" and then ill stop. 

 

They need to start animating Solo Levelling & Kaiju 8!

 

Really! I thought it was really refreshing, consistently the best thing in SJ, and has become one of my all-time fave shonens. I think I'm in the minority by the look of things though! :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh man, the last Odd Taxi. When it dawned on me what was going on with Odokawa!

 

And the background raised a smile when the comedy couple were talking with what I decided to call

Spoiler

Chekhov’s incomplete highway bridge

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is some good news for Evangelion.

 

And I can rewatch the other two movies the same day to refresh myself, which is always a bonus!

 

In other news, I sat down to watch Gundam: Hathaway on Netflix last night, it's such a weird little film until you google it and find out it's actually Gundam: Hathaway Part 1 which makes things seem a bit better.

 

It's an OK little story if you like your original UC Gundam stuff, but where it really shines is some fantastic animation. I can't really say much for fear of spoiling things for people, but it's probably some of the best animation I have seen recently since Demon Slayer: Mugen Train.

 

After looking into it, it seems these were some Light Novels which had a big popularity in Japan.

 

Funny thing is this is the first time I've looked at a Gundam Mobile Suit and gone meh! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can recommend One Pace if any of you are interested in One Piece but don't like the idea of filler (well episodes interspersed with filler scenes to bulk it out).

 

There's one small scene so far that they cut that I liked but otherwise it's an amazing effort.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/06/2021 at 14:06, yakumo said:

I think its due to also how accessible and how much anime is released nowadays. Most anime series do not have any staying power, they're talked about and then its onto the next fad. 

 

The closest thing I thought was amazing was Shiro Bako, slice of life concerning her trying to get into the anime industry. Highly recommended.

 

 

 

I've watched Shiro Bako this week and I can second this recommendation, it's great! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've started watching "Record Of Ragnarok" on Netflix.

 

It's a war between Man & God in some kind of Mortal Kombat Tournament.

 

It's over the top violence and fan service, but it's been really amusing trying to work out who the next champion of mankind will be against which God. 

 

If you want some silly to have on in the background or watch on the way to work then this is it! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Benny said:

It's complete nonsense. I watched all of it for some reason. But it's really quite bad.

 

I know what you mean, I'm six in I think now. 

 

I'm finding things hilarious though like when Zeus accosts Shiva in the hallway. 

 

It's not funny, I know it's not funny but yet I'm smiling. 

 

I shall watch it all the way through or at least have it running in the background, according to google the manga was quite popular, although I should imagine that to be for the younger generation with all the fan service.

 

I mean come on, just look at Aphrodite's chair!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I figured the show could be at least entertaining to try and guess what sort of characters from myth and history it would contrive to pull into it, but for some reason that I cannot fathom it just straight up told you what most of the combatants that the entire series and presumably subsequent series will be, by just listing them all in an unrelated scene during the first fight. Like, why even do this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I put this over in Ask The Forum but thought I'd ask here too:-

 

Quote

Hey everyone,

 

I'm watching the Death Note anime (English Dub) and I reconise a sound effect in the following episide.

 

Episode 3 @ 14.45

 

I know the sound effect but I just cannot place it for love nor money.

 

TIA

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Odd Taxi was a delight from start to finish. Favourite anime I've watched in years. Come for the grumpy walrus taxi driver, stay for the beautifully written film noir mystery thriller with oddball humour. I laughed, I was moved at times, I was hooked on trying to tie the plot threads together. Wonderful show, cannot recommend it enough. 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Tried watching the first episode of Godzilla Singular point and pressed pause multiple times to double check I'd actually clicked the right thing on Netflix.

It's one of the better Anime series released this year!

 

It's very heavy on some fringe science and gets really complex fast, I had to do some googling with the original release.

 

Some people I think were expecting an animated Godzilla film, but we got something really science heavy a little like the Gatchaman series we had a couple of years ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

Some people I think were expecting an animated Godzilla film... 

 

Funnily enough...Not really sure why they went in this direction. It may be a decent enough show but I was primarily there for Godzilla. I'll give it another shot but not one that immediately appealed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.