IGNORED

Anime

Sekiro

On 17/07/2021 at 12:16, JohnC said:

Gundam I, II and III are the original series condensed into three movies. 

Is it feature quality animation or just the TV series footage edited down?

I'm determined to eventually find a way in to Gundam. I tried Unicorn and whichever one was about the group Celestial Being but I found them both repetitive and ran out of steam before I finished them.

So episodes like 104 are why I sometimes hate MHA - just absolutely no point in the whole episode.

I thought there was going to be a really interesting moment at the end but they copped out. 

Spoiler

Plane full of illegal drugs that *enhance* powers, about to crash unless Urarurka can go beyond her limit - doesn't even raise the question. Unbelievably dire writing.

What anime do people recommend for something a bit mindless watching at the minute?

I'm still going through the most recent season of SnK but it's just too intense to have on in the background or on in the morning for example (also I'm watching it with my partner, which inevitably means it will take about 3 years to get through because we rarely have enough time together as it is with work/family lool).

I recently ran through all of Demon Slayer - half decent show, great animation, and a banging theme tune, and Castlevania but now at a bit of a loss of what to watch.

7 hours ago, TomatoConvenienceStore said:

What anime do people recommend for something a bit mindless watching at the minute?

I'm still going through the most recent season of SnK but it's just too intense to have on in the background or on in the morning for example (also I'm watching it with my partner, which inevitably means it will take about 3 years to get through because we rarely have enough time together as it is with work/family lool).

I recently ran through all of Demon Slayer - half decent show, great animation, and a banging theme tune, and Castlevania but now at a bit of a loss of what to watch.

Are you using Netflix? 

Mindless stuff is pretty hard these days, as they seem to be going for the deep!

https://www.netflix.com/gb/browse/genre/7424

7DS is another Shōnen title like Demon Slayer I find I can watch and watch again & I always enjoy. 

Pacific Rim was another one which is quite short and isn't too deep if you don't mind Mecha fighting Monsters. 

The Transformers stuff is OK, and it too can easily be followed without giving too much attention.

Sorry I can't help more but the things I've been watching of late require more of a watch and don't play on your phone kind of thing :)

If Castlevania is "mindless" then I really don't know what to suggest, because it's better written than 90% of animation. I've been meaning to give Blood of Zeus a try as I think it's from the same studio? The preview made it look interesting.

The first season of My Hero Academia is now on Netflix, it's not bad for a shonen show.

You could try Hellsing, which is about a vampire working with vampire hunters. Then some Nazis show up. It's gratuitous and silly, but knows it.

• 2 weeks later...

Netflix have a trailer, revealing it's coming to them in December. Which is actually before Japanese TV broadcast. I wonder if Diamond is Unbreakable and Golden Wind will appear before then. It'll be a bit odd putting this up while missing two whole parts.

I've started it but had to stop as is need to rewatch 3.33 again as I got a little confused in places.

The animation seems to have improved massively, which is impressive as it has always been better than most things people churn out. 

I've already found myself looking at models of EVA 08 for my desk lol fml. 

Can someone explain to me what exactly those Evangelion movies on Prime actually are? I've watched the original series and End on Netflix, but are they a reimagining or something? It looks like it also continues the story?

And are they any good?

The Rebuild movies are a retelling, in a sense, of the story as set out by the original show and EoE - this said as the Rebuild movies continue their run, they deviate from the original plot line more and more, to the point where they’re more like parallel tales.

You should def see the original plus EoE before starting the Rebuild movies, as you’ll get so much more from the experience that way.

I still prefer the original plus EoE overall, but 3.0+1.01 out of all the Rebuild movies is right up there for me as pure Eva goodness.

50 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I’d hope the animation is good

My eyes were popping out at some parts. Yeah it’s a looker.

Some of the ropey looking CG in trailer footage (Eva vs Eva battle), is actually kind of meant to look like that… 

That's actually piqued my interest. As I've already watched the series and EoE, I would have seen little point in watching a condensed retelling, but if it's gone it's own way and done something different then that's enough for me to check them out, as I'd definitely rather watch something "new".