Jump to content
IGNORED

Anime


Sekiro
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, TomatoConvenienceStore said:

Does anyone know where to watch Demon Slayer: Mugen Train?

 

Not out yet but possible Crunchyroll or Funimation will get it soon. Been a big one so could be a toss up between Netflix and Amazon too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/08/2021 at 08:40, Lorfarius said:

 

Not out yet but possible Crunchyroll or Funimation will get it soon. Been a big one so could be a toss up between Netflix and Amazon too.

 

You know I didn't even think it hasn't been released yet lol..

 

Apparently it will be in Funimation (which I've actually never used) soon, but I couldn't find it and was super confused 

 

 

On 25/08/2021 at 09:41, Protocol Penguin said:

I ended up purchasing it off iTunes earlier in the year, as I didn’t want to risk the cinema, and the few screenings available at my local Odeon were the dub.

 

 

Any good/worth a watch?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, TomatoConvenienceStore said:

Any good/worth a watch?

I’d probably say it’s worth waiting for it to be on regular streaming unless you’re a big Demon Slayer fan. It’s basically 5 or 6 new episodes of the TV show with better quality animation glued together, if that makes sense. Won’t make any sense unless you’ve seen at the first season either. Didn’t regret watching it at all, and would’ve enjoyed it had I seen it in the cinema, but it wasn’t essential viewing either. 
 

Hope that rambling makes sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Protocol Penguin said:

 

I’d probably say it’s worth waiting for it to be on regular streaming unless you’re a big Demon Slayer fan. It’s basically 5 or 6 new episodes of the TV show with better quality animation glued together, if that makes sense. Won’t make any sense unless you’ve seen at the first season either. Didn’t regret watching it at all, and would’ve enjoyed it had I seen it in the cinema, but it wasn’t essential viewing either. 
 

Hope that rambling makes sense.

 

Yeah for sure lol I totally know what you mean.

 

I watched the first series and liked it well enough, it upgraded itself from 'background TV' to 'proper sit down to watch TV' about half way through the series. 

 

I heard it broke a ton of box office sales or something but that it was more to do with timing/pandemic etc than quality of the film

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I’m reading Meiko Kawakami’s Breasts and Eggs and the main protagonist mentioned Lum Invader who I’d never heard of, so I looked it up and discovered Urusei Yatsura which is probably known by many in here.

 

Anyway, it turns out that in 2000 the BBC dubbed a couple of episodes with Matt Lucas, Lauren Lavern and Anna Friel, and against all sense it’s actually pretty good! They are ripping the piss and sticking in English gags but apparently it’s still pretty faithful, and an interesting curio for sure:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/10/2021 at 17:17, HarryBizzle said:

Looking for something to scratch an anime itch - Demon Slayer? Goblin Slayer? Anything else?



I've got friends who really like One Piece but apparently there's like 800 episodes, which I don't think I can handle.

 

Your mileage may vary (significantly...) but the stuff I've enjoyed the most in recent years has been:

 

On Netflix: Dorohedoro, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

 

On Amazon Prime: Vinland Saga

 

On Crunchy Roll: Mob Psycho 100, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Jujutsu Kaisen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HarryBizzle said:

Thanks. I might give JoJo another go. Gave up one or two eps in. 

 

I think the key to early JoJo is whether you're laughing along with it. It starts off just earnest enough to trick you in to thinking it's taking itself seriously but it's called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for a reason.

 

Later on it becomes one long string of surreal, endlessly entertaining suspense set ups. The first two story arcs are a bit more slapdash, but they still have some incredible moments and watching them helps sell the epicness of what comes later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/10/2021 at 22:32, Benny said:

It took me a while to warm to JoJo but it's now I think quite honestly probably in my top 5 anime series ever.

 

That's how it goes ;)

 

Wait til you see some of the later episodes. Stardust Crusaders is brilliant, as is Diamond Is Unbreakable. In fact, I think the series improves as it moves on.

 

Still trying to memorize all the lyrics of the Oingo Boingo song.

 

 

Legendary madness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/10/2021 at 18:17, HarryBizzle said:

Looking for something to scratch an anime itch - Demon Slayer? Goblin Slayer? Anything else?

 

Netflix has tons of good anime these days; JoJo, Devil Man Crybaby, My Hero Academia, Berserk (though that one's not on it at the moment), Neon Genesis, Dorohedoro, One Punch Man, Tiger & Bunny, Modest Heroes, BNA and of course Cowboy Bebop (the anime, not the live action).

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just finished ODDTAXI. 

 

Actually blown away by how good it all was, the general Tokyo noir-ish vibes it manages to transmit are incredible. Got a kind of Cowboy Bebop feeling from the way the music is so well used.  
 

Really sad it’s over now 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/10/2021 at 01:07, Keyboard Koala said:

 

Netflix has tons of good anime these days; JoJo, Devil Man Crybaby, My Hero Academia, Berserk (though that one's not on it at the moment), Neon Genesis, Dorohedoro, One Punch Man, Tiger & Bunny, Modest Heroes, BNA and of course Cowboy Bebop (the anime, not the live action).

 

 


And Fullmetal Alchemist!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've always prefered FMA, just a better version of the story and was a better end for me plus it resulted in that amazing film. People seem to poop on it but was a massive hit. I still go back to it for a rewatch but never bother with Brotherhood anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/10/2021 at 17:17, HarryBizzle said:

Looking for something to scratch an anime itch - Demon Slayer? Goblin Slayer? Anything else?



I've got friends who really like One Piece but apparently there's like 800 episodes, which I don't think I can handle.


Think of it the other way. How many great series have you finished then been devastated that there were no more episodes? One Piece is fantastic, and it will be a long time before you get to the end and need to find something else to watch.

 

1 hour ago, yakumo said:

One Piece live action🤔

 

 

 

I’m really happy with those choices. They’re young, diverse and clearly excited. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Broker said:


Think of it the other way. How many great series have you finished then been devastated that there were no more episodes? One Piece is fantastic, and it will be a long time before you get to the end and need to find something else to watch.

 

 

I’m really happy with those choices. They’re young, diverse and clearly excited. 

 

I wish I was optimistic as you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.