IGNORED

Anime

Sekiro

Does anyone pay for Crunchyroll? My son literally doesn’t want anything for Xmas, aside from a couple of comic books and a Mouse Rat T-shirt. 

He’s watched a lot of Crunchyroll and I’m assuming it’ll get the final series of Attack on Titan in the new year (which he’s beside himself about).

I thought a sub would make a great Xmas present. The Amazon Fire Stick app is really crashy when trying to load ads, so I’m assuming being a subscriber would stop that?

For your first question I’d guess the subscription won’t fix the terrible app experience. I haven’t used the fire stick one but their apps seem to be broken garbage so I’d guess that’s not a free account issue.

The upgrade to HD and being able to watch all episodes are pretty great though. All in, I’d say the only major advantage it has over Funimation is a slightly larger library. Funimation is cheaper, has the option of dubbed and the apps work.

6 minutes ago, Twinbee said:

Thanks, @Broker – what are the chances of the final Attack on Titan appearing on Funimation as soon as they’re out? I see they have other episodes on there. 

While this is a general subscription gift, the real draw will be “Attack on Titan on release with no ads”

I watch Attack On Titan dubbed, and there were huge delays on the dubbed versions being added to Crunchyroll when the last season aired. It was really inconsistent so you end up waiting weeks for certain episodes to get dubs. If your son watches it that way it may be best to wait until all episodes are released.

Well today was the 1000th episode of One Piece. Quite a tear jerker as I'm sure I've been watching this every week without fail not long before 2010, really has been an amazing ride and still so much more to go. Was brilliant to see them all get together for this one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really surprised that a new Urusei Yatsura series has been announced! 

Seems likely to be a reboot, the character designs look  good though, I’m really excited for this!

64AE7F23-0C1E-4EC1-B0DD-8C8C966D9C2E.jpeg

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I saw something about it being essentially a remake of a selection of episodes of the old show. Like about 50 of the original nearly 200. 

50 episodes seems quite ambitious, I guess it makes sense to cherry pick the best episodes to remake.

I understand Rumiko takahashi is quite protective of her work so I don’t expect a huge departure from the originals in terms of characters and story but hopefully some nicely updated character designs and animation.

plus lots of decent new merch!

God damn MHA is brilliant. I didn’t enjoy it the first time I watched it but I’m loving it this time. Up to episode 50 and it’s staggering how good the animation and pacing are. 

AoT part 2 tonight around 8.45/9pm ish, am beyond pumped. 

Stay well away from YT or any other social media sources though lol, already had leaked previews and all sorts showing up on my feed. 

Also apparently the opening is mega bad for spoilers this time round, so avoid that if you don't already. 

Taking MS gundam I, II, and III for a spin, now that I have Netflix. They’re subbed.

I’ve watched a bit of macross/robotech previously, but Patlabor was an non-starter. No idea why. I like big stompy robots!

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Belle, its OK, . The plot is pretty messy and dragged at times but ultimately I liked what it was going for tackling an issue I wasn't expecting. Still, ends unsatisfactory and probably the most disappointing thing I seen this year due to the pedigree of the studio.

I need to catch up on AOT, finished watching S2 a while back but held back as the final season was going to be split up in two seasons. So how many episodes left in the final season Pt 2?. Thankfully I don't follow anime news so much so I haven't really been spoiled.

I don’t think it’s officially confirmed how many are in the season, but people seem to think 12 (with 3 now aired). But then there’s manga readers saying there’s no way they’ll wrap it up in the remaining episodes unless they up the pace an awful lot. Or have a movie to finish it. 

On 02/01/2022 at 11:17, X_2_0 said:

Really surprised that a new Urusei Yatsura series has been announced! 

Seems likely to be a reboot, the character designs look  good though, I’m really excited for this!

1 hour ago, yashiro said:

I admit I'm more concerned with the standard of animation. 80/90's shows often have a better sense of movement and action in their animation compared to a lot of modern shows. Plus not a fan of digital linework in modern anime too, loved the chalk textured feel of old stuff.

quick question for those watching Demon Slayer s2. I seen the movie and I understand the first half of the second season is just a recap from the movie. Is that notion correct and should I skip it?, if so which episode is the new District arc thing?.

I haven't seen the movie, just the TV version. I believe it's supposed to have new scenes, but I don't know how much. If you've seen the movie, probably nothing substantial.

As for the arcs, they've actually got different names rather than being "season 2". Not sure where you're watching it, but they're Mugen Train Arc and Entertainment District Arc, or in Japanese, Mugen Ressha-hen and Yuukaku-hen.

But if there is someplace I don't know that's lumping them together as a "season 2", Mugen Train is 7 episodes.

17 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I haven't seen the movie, just the TV version. I believe it's supposed to have new scenes, but I don't know how much. If you've seen the movie, probably nothing substantial.

As for the arcs, they've actually got different names rather than being "season 2". Not sure where you're watching it, but they're Mugen Train Arc and Entertainment District Arc, or in Japanese, Mugen Ressha-hen and Yuukaku-hen.

But if there is someplace I don't know that's lumping them together as a "season 2", Mugen Train is 7 episodes.

Thanks, it was the  Entertainment District Arc I was referring to.

I binge watched the demon slayer season 2 episode available.  I don't think it's anything earth shattering story wise but the standard of animation is excellent.  If you watch something else like black clover or naruto they spent big on some episodes and scenes and pad out the rest.  Demon  slayer is just fluid and rich throughout.  Really impressive bar a few notable mistakes in animation choice; The train cgi is pretty wonky.