IGNORED

Anime

Sekiro

Demon Slayer - Kimetsu no Yaiba, love this show with a passion. Not sure how they manage to animate such epic battles. They are so wonderfully animated, brutal and tense. 

The entertainment arc and the film have been astounding.

I’m still not sure I get Demon Slayer, the animation is absolutely gorgeous, but I don’t really like any of the characters or find the narrative engaging. It reminds me of a Fast and Furious type thing where the action is great but I struggle to care about any of it because it all feels a bit empty. I’m not sure what I’m missing, people love it so much. 

13 hours ago, Girth Certificate said:

It’s completely standard shonen anime. I lasted like 3 eps

Proof that the standard 3 episode rule doesn't always work because its not a standard shonen anime at all. It was slow to start with but once he starts meeting others on the trip it just keeps getting better each week. Blows me away just how awesome it is and the film was fantastic. Put it right up there as one of my fav animes ever made with some truly jaw dropping visuals, the sword effects in later episodes are as close to art as you can get in anime, glorious. Feel sorry that you've quit so easily.

Inosuke-Hashibara-Demon-Slayer.thumb.jpg.8208a1087c95f515b7da52116d2bfd03.jpg

3 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Proof that the standard 3 episode rule doesn't always work because its not a standard shonen anime at all. It was slow to start with but once he starts meeting others on the trip it just keeps getting better each week. Blows me away just how awesome it is and the film was fantastic. Put it right up there as one of my fav animes ever made with some truly jaw dropping visuals, the sword effects in later episodes are as close to art as you can get in anime, glorious. Feel sorry that you've quit so easily.

I stuck it out through the first season but I feel like the pacing is crazy, it skips over stuff really quickly and I never felt like I had time to enjoy anything before it was just done and onto the next part. 

It blows my mind that anyone can enjoy Demon Slayer past the introduction of Zenitsu.

The dumbest anime bullshit stock jokes barked at you over and over again through a megaphone inches away from your face.

I somehow made it to the end of season 1 on the recommedation that he grows on you. He didn't grow on me.

13 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

It is absolutely a very standard shonen series, literally every single character is an overdone trope. If it wasn't animated like an OVA, and looked like your average Naruto episode, it would be completely unremarkable.

On 28/01/2022 at 14:43, Girth Certificate said:

9 more eps says Varsity. I don't think it's a spoiler to say it's gonna be a wild fuckin' ride

Definitely been wild so far. Made the mistake the previous week of having YT homepage open and saw spoilers for the episode which kinda dampened it a bit. Now making a conscious effort to stay off YT at all on sunday evenings lol. The last 2 episodes have been crazy good, it really such a well written show, would love to watch it with someone who hasn't seen it though just to see them go through the journey xD 

I watched it from when the original aired so it really has been many years at this point but the end is looming now, safe to say it's going to get even crazier.

Based on where it seems to be going, I can only assume it's something ridiculously offensive that encapsulates all the hitherto hinted at worldview of the story, and left fans as confused and upset as all the people who called their children Khaleesi were when Danny torched King's Landing.

Well I’m loving Demon Slayer, the Entertainment District arc has been even better than Mugen Train.

But I’m not loving having to wait a week for a 20 minute episode, normally I’m watching stuff that is at least five years old, so I’m not used to this! 

On 08/02/2022 at 12:54, Benny said:

Based on where it seems to be going, I can only assume it's something ridiculously offensive that encapsulates all the hitherto hinted at worldview of the story, and left fans as confused and upset as all the people who called their children Khaleesi were when Danny torched King's Landing.

Spoiler

lol

On 11/02/2022 at 22:18, X_2_0 said:

Well I’m loving Demon Slayer, the Entertainment District arc has been even better than Mugen Train.

But I’m not loving having to wait a week for a 20 minute episode, normally I’m watching stuff that is at least five years old, so I’m not used to this! 

Pretty good final this week and they announced they are working on the next arc so probably late 2023 or early 2024 for release. Usually the anime studios are booked up for years and can be really difficult to fit follow on seasons in but with the amount of money the film and merchandise was turning over they will be pushing them out as soon as possible.

Just wish they'd bring back Black Clover soon, miss that every week.

Just caught up with Titan this week and..

Spoiler

was great to see them having proper action scenes with Titans again, jumping off the tower and blowing them up was loads of fun but... I think I'm getting a bit bored of the show now. Looking forward to it finally finishing as its really becoming played out for me. Struggling to get back into it each week and dragging out the wait between episodes, luckily there's load of new decent seasonal stuff at the moment just a shame I'm going off something that was such a huge plus for so long.

7 hours ago, Retroid said:

The Promised Neverland - really fucked up and not what I was expecting. Seems good so far though!

Series 2 just dive bombs after a few episodes, all the good stuff that they built up from the first season quickly vanishes(different from the manga too as I Read it after).

• 3 weeks later...

The Ranking of Kings is amazing and the first Anime I've seen with a realistically deaf main character. It's heart-warming and action-packed, I gave up on it halfway through the first episode originally and that was a big mistake.

It's great, go watch it!

Yeah, it’s probably my favourite airing right now. And it’s got surprisingly little to do with what the name suggests. I was kind of expecting some kind of competition or something but it’s not that at all. And Bojji is the best. 

Oh my G the twists in the Ranking of Kings are phenomenal, some have actually made me gasp. It's like Game of Thrones but in a One Piece universe. Amazing.

Just started Ranking of Kings. After only three episodes I am fully emotionally invested and want nothing but the best for Prince Bojji. Magical show. Between this and Odd Taxi I’m falling back in love with anime. 

5 minutes ago, JLM said:

Just started Ranking of Kings. After only three episodes I am fully emotionally invested and want nothing but the best for Prince Bojji. Magical show. Between this and Odd Taxi I’m falling back in love with anime. 

Never been a better time to get back, last few years have been a gold mine of amazing shows.

Ranking Of Kings is top-notch throughout, I love how they've kept the unique style from the Manga, too.

While on the subject of emotional investment, I started watching "Kotaro Lives Alone" over on Netflix, I'm only three in, but I'm in love with it already.

It really pulls on the heartstrings.