IGNORED

Anime

Sekiro

On 14/03/2022 at 16:31, Arn X Treme said:

While on the subject of emotional investment, I started watching "Kotaro Lives Alone" over on Netflix, I'm only three in, but I'm in love with it already.

It really pulls on the heartstrings.

I'm only starting it, but it seems dark as fuck just barely under the surface. Bloody hell.

I am a massive, massive FLCL fan.

I still haven't seen Progressive/Alternative, the very idea makes me incredibly nervous. I'm just going to pretend I didn't read your post, @JohnC

New Pillows music, though?

I'm about 6 or 7 episodes in to Ranking of Kings now and I can't get over how beautifully written it is. Constantly tugging at the heartstrings without wallowing in sentimentality. For example:

Spoiler

When Bojji gets told his little shadow mate has gone on a journey and won't be coming back and instantly knows he's being lied to.

And all the reveals re-contextualising things from an episode or two ago, everyone wrapped up in a tangle of horrific obligations and duties that are slowly being revealed to the audience but Bojji is completely blind to. This show is treasure.

It is, it does lose that gradually over the season (in a satisfying way) but I have a feeling it might uproot and reset the situation for the next arc. If there is one.

Just got back from Jujutsu Kaisen 0 in the theatre and that’s just a single arc compressed into one long and sweet episode. It’s fast but the combat scenes are real good and there’s some fan service bolted on. Even the date of the events has “significance”. :P

Fun times!

I thought I had a couple of episodes to catch up on Ranking of Kings but it was just the one... Still I fucking bawled my eyes out throughout. Such a good Anime!

On 17/03/2022 at 21:02, JohnC said:

I'm only starting it, but it seems dark as fuck just barely under the surface. Bloody hell.

kotaro not one for the kids then? 9 and 12 year old are keen to watch it. 

1 hour ago, watusi said:

kotaro not one for the kids then? 9 and 12 year old are keen to watch it. 

Well It's tricky as basically the "adult" stuff is in the background and (no offence to your kids) it maybe easy to overlook as they may not pick up on the subtle hints. You could maybe watch the first couple with them or on your own and judge. I thought it was very well done and very emotional in places. 

Basically what he said. Probably fine for kids

Anyway, AoT “The Final Season” is getting a Part 3, next year. And with Part 2 being split into 2 parts, the final season is pretty much actually 4 seasons. Weirdos. 

Okay I gave it the three episode test, and on episode three

Spoiler

Wearing a kimono like a toga made me laugh out loud, so I think this is a keeper :lol:

Re-watching Attack on Titan, dropped it during the 2nd season (maybe the beginning of season 3) but I'm gonna give it a good try this time. Season 1 is just so good though, up to the Trost battle and badass Erin is amazing to see.

Plus the knowledge you gain in the future somehow adds on to the enjoyment in a way I didn't expect.

16 hours ago, Delargey said:

It's wonderful - the English dub is very good.

Once I finish the series I'm taking the biggest fucking bath ever.

I just watched episode 8

Spoiler

The whole "gentlemen you can't fight in here, this is a bathhouse!" one :lol:

Brilliant series. Hope there's a second one on the way!

Spoiler

And will try not to think where he was storing his bag of money in the last episode when he arrived naked :lol:

Incidentally that last episode of Attack on Titan (which I'm watching out of curiosity more than anything now)

Spoiler

"If only I'd told him I loved him, maybe he wouldn't have gone genocidal?"

Fuck. Me. :lol:

Combination of utterly childish or sexist writing or maybe Mikasa really is supposed to be that pathetic. Jesus.

• 2 weeks later...

Re-watching AoT and season 1 is still amazing, but season 2 is also a banger which definitely wasn't what I took away originally.

I gave up in season 3 but now I reckon I might enjoy it more now. It's strange how the more you know - the better the show seems to be on repeat viewings. 

Completely understand why I gave up on season 3, the opening episodes felt very contrived with heavy exposition about stuff we weren't really too interested in. And not organic in any way.

They could have done a lot better with what they had. Gonna carry on but man they wasted the introduction what could have been a very cool character.

Episode 44 is where I've started enjoying it again.

Spoiler

When Historia calls Erin a little bitch and goes all "You wanna save humanity? Cash me outside! I'm a bad motherfucker"

That was worth the horrific set up episodes to all this! :lol: