IGNORED

Anime

Sekiro

Gonzo? Good? Get the hell outta heerrreee...

Ok, so LastEXILE was great, but ehh...

Blech, you can't compare the beauty of She - The Ultimate Weapon to Last Exile: they're in entirely different genres (near-future tragic romance and alternate universe sci-fi action), never mind the obvious gap in quality between the two...

The worst thing about She - The Ultimate Weapon though? I can't give any examples to the quality of the show as any details I give would spoil much of the initial impact it has on you.

Dammit, I'm just going to have to wait until someone else watches it so that I can talk about it with them. Bleh.

Blech, you can't compare the beauty of She - The Ultimate Weapon to Last Exile: they're in entirely different genres (near-future tragic romance and alternate universe sci-fi action), never mind the obvious gap in quality between the two...

The worst thing about She - The Ultimate Weapon though? I can't give any examples to the quality of the show as any details I give would spoil much of the initial impact it has on you.

Dammit, I'm just going to have to wait until someone else watches it so that I can talk about it with them. Bleh.

Ahhh but I wasn't comparing the two. It's just that Gonzo stuff is generally shaky at best.

Still, I hear Yukikaze is good...

Ahhh but I wasn't comparing the two. It's just that Gonzo stuff is generally shaky at best.

Still, I hear Yukikaze is good...

I know that, I was just trying to emphasise the point that She - The Ultimate Weapon is in a completely different league to Last Exile.

Basically, on the great-o-meter, Gonzo's output is something like this:

She - The Ultimate Weapon - - - - - - - Last Exile - - - - Everything Else

I know that, I was just trying to emphasise the point that She - The Ultimate Weapon is in a completely different league to Last Exile.

Basically, on the great-o-meter, Gonzo's output is something like this:

She - The Ultimate Weapon - - - - - - - Last Exile - - - - Everything Else

Full Metal Panic was kinda fun.

On a completely unrelated note, Gundam SEED - Empty Battlefield part 1 is out! OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

On a completely unrelated note, Gundam SEED - Empty Battlefield part 1 is out! OH MY GOD! (with far too many D's)

Aye, that's true I suppose, though I've only seen the first couple of episodes (the same goes for Hellsing).

And, er, you might want to cut down on the number of D's there - even at 1600 x 1200 it's stretching way beyond the boundary ;)

Hey, doesn't everyone love Macross Plus? I do! Bought the triple DVD pack today for £8, and it's frigging great. Yoko Kanno soundtrack over heavily plot driven mecha action? Hot diggity!

Watched the movie version yet? I liked that extra slice of ending.

NO.

It's *fucking* terrible. DO NOT TOUCH. IT IS AWFUL.

Yes, I can confirm what Meh says, but honestly, up until the last couple of volumes, it was actually quite good.

Then it goes off on a tangent, disregards the character development completely and falls flat on it's face with some "other-worldly" bullshit. It truly doesn't reflect very well on the previous volumes which, as I've said, aren't that bad.

I'd consider selling my 8 DVD collection of Gasaraki if anyone's interested. I need the £££ for Berserk and Initial D (not buying it for the dub, that's for sure)

l don't understand why you think Gasaraki was awful, if anything l thought it was quite good in comparsion to the endless typical mecha expected of this genre. l didn't expect and ended up really suprised but how it tried something different, instead of my cannon fusion beam is bigger than yours so l shall win...bwhahaha

l also recommend Argento Soma, but then Mazinger Z wins hands down in the mecha genre for me. I'm an old skool boy

You see, my problem with FMP was that there was too much action, and not enough comedy. The action was pretty dull, and the high drama bits were cliched as well. But the comedy was great. So, I was really pleased when I heard about Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, which is FMP-po faced action and drama, but +Quality comedy. I recommend it highly.

Now you see what I was talking about?

It's weird, as soon as I realised what it was, I thought "Jack would just be LOVING this".

Oh, and at the end of it, they had a cool CGI Gundam battle in a big city thing, and I'm thinking "ooh, this must be some new game, or mini-series made in CGI, or something cool". Nope, it was an advert for toys. Jesus...

Hey, doesn't everyone love Macross Plus? I do! Bought the triple DVD pack today for £8, and it's frigging great. Yoko Kanno soundtrack over heavily plot driven mecha action? Hot diggity!

Just bought that, purely for my Wife's audio influence.

Apparently the PAL version urinates from a height on the US version for sound too :blink:

It's weird, as soon as I realised what it was, I thought "Jack would just be LOVING this".

Oh, and at the end of it, they had a cool CGI Gundam battle in a big city thing, and I'm thinking "ooh, this must be some new game, or mini-series made in CGI, or something cool". Nope, it was an advert for toys. Jesus...

:blink:

http://aeug.blogspot.com

Scroll down to MS IGLOO.

That's not what the piece of paper framed on my wall says! HMPH!

It's a fake. You know it, and so does everyone else. Writing "I LVOE MCNELL" in crayons on some paper does not make it real, McNeill.

anyway...

got the new dominion tank police dvd today... the sub track isnt really all that litreal @_@;... it could be a dubtitle but looking at the first episode it could just be poorly translated/used the dub as refrance for the translation...

Oh and did you hear MvM have the Licance for...

Kodomo No Omacha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and are going to realease it in teh UK Early 2005 :D amazing...

anyway...

got the new dominion tank police dvd today... the sub track isnt really all that litreal @_@;... it could be a dubtitle but looking at the first episode it could just be poorly translated/used the dub as refrance for the translation...

Oh and did you hear MvM have the Licance for...

Kodomo No Omacha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and are going to realease it in teh UK Early 2005 :D amazing...

high 5, Dominion rocks. l couldn't wait for it so l got the R1 early on, wicked series:)

Now you`re talking anime from my era !

Bring it on ! Galforce : Eternal Story, Area 88, Original Bubblegum Crisis, Orguss, Mospeada I could go on for years.... ^_^

Know what I miss about the old stuff? The music. 80's Japanese bullshit, and terribly catchy. Just watch Bubblegum Crisis for proof of that.