IGNORED

Anime

Sekiro

Ok So I've just finished watching Mahoromatic and I have to say I'm seriously disappointed by the last episode. I loved all the episodes upon till then, but the last ep does a complete u-turn on the pace and general feel of the series. The series had a light hearted comedy vibe to it, with the main character being nice, thoughtful and basically your typical nice guy to be replaced by a

SPOILER maybe

A cigar smoking, sword wielding, drunk, android hunting badass who gets laids by prostitutes.

It just messed everything the series was up to that point. I wish I could forget the last ep now. ^_^

Ok So I've just finished watching Mahoromatic and I have to say I'm seriously disappointed by the last episode. I loved all the episodes upon till then, but the last ep does a complete u-turn on the pace and general feel of the series. The series had a light hearted comedy vibe to it, with the main character being nice, thoughtful and basically your typical nice guy to be replaced by a

SPOILER maybe

A cigar smoking, sword wielding, drunk, android hunting badass who gets laids by prostitutes.

It just messed everything the series was up to that point. I wish I could forget the last ep now. ^_^

I wish I could forget the whole thing. It was just so very wrong.

It just messed everything the series was up to that point. I wish I could forget the last ep now. ;)

Ive not actually seen that, but it just reminded me of terrible.. well bad final episodes... has anyone seen the extra MS Gundam 08th ms team episode (on bandais legitimate release dvd 4), that was not good at all... the series was fine if they had just left it where it was, but thgen that extra episode with the childern was just ^_^

Episodes 1+2 of Initial D STAGE 4 are finally here and are very very good....

well I liked them anyway...

I don't want to spoil my current run, I'm only upto ep 1 of stage 2!

Initial D is the host to my favourite moment in Anime history - Takumi's Hachi Roku overtaking Keisuke's FD in episode 5. I actually jumped up and yelled "yes!"

Can't remember the last time an anime made me do that.

Know what I miss about the old stuff? The music. 80's Japanese bullshit, and terribly catchy. Just watch Bubblegum Crisis for proof of that.

I always liked Ranma 1/2's music.

Particularly the little ad-break jingle

Dee, dee-dee, dee-dee-dee-dee-dee, La-nma!

I don't want to spoil my current run, I'm only upto ep 1 of stage 2!

Initial D is the host to my favourite moment in Anime history - Takumi's Hachi Roku overtaking Keisuke's FD in episode 5. I actually jumped up and yelled "yes!"

Can't remember the last time an anime made me do that.

King of Bandit Jing - for all its faults - was the last series to make me do that; Kir-Royale! ^_^

But I was very tired.

Last series to do that while I was wide awake was One Piece. Not too surprising when it regularly stretches a single fight across 5 or more episodes: when Luffy/Zoro/Sanji finally beat their opponent/finally agree to fight it often gives me goosepimples (and occasionally makes me pump my fists and generally act like I'd imagine Americans do when excited, which is slightly worrying)

King of Bandit Jing - for all its faults - was the last series to make me do that; Kir-Royale! ^_^

But I was very tired.

Last series to do that while I was wide awake was One Piece. Not too surprising when it regularly stretches a single fight across 5 or more episodes: when Luffy/Zoro/Sanji finally beat their opponent/finally agree to fight it often gives me goosepimples (and occasionally makes me pump my fists and generally act like I'd imagine Americans do when excited, which is slightly worrying)

I yelled "yes!" when it was all over. Does that count?

Oh, but then the OVA appeared...

It's never fucking over, IS IT? IS ITTTT? ARGHHHHH

I always liked Ranma 1/2's music.

Particularly the little ad-break jingle

Dee, dee-dee, dee-dee-dee-dee-dee, La-nma!

Not shure if its late 70`s or early 80`s but the Urusai Yatsura Intro and ending are really catchy ^_^ (tv)

Good thing I'm the person running an Anime site then, eh? ;)

Cue 'my anime site's better than your anime site', and so on.

(And I was poitning out the irony; normally I'm the pedantic one ^_^

Still, I never knew that there was a proper term for the title screen thingy at the beginning and end of ad breaks.

Eye catch eh...

Still, I never knew that there was a proper term for the title screen thingy at the beginning and end of ad breaks.

Eye catch eh...

Well now you do :P

It helps when you're the only person you know who has an active intrest in Anime- you do more reading than watching most of the time :unsure:

Oh, and I don't run an Anime site. I was poking fun at knowing something that someone who DID [run a site], er, DIDNT [know].

Ahh, gotcha.

But that's more of a 'TV' thing, not directly anime related as such. Oh, and I'm the only person I know with an active interest in anime too, so just about everything I know about anime's come from the internet and books, but I'd still never come across that before.

I've got some new anime with me and I wondered what I should watch first

Gundam Wing

El Hazard - the wanderers

FMP - fumoffu

Neo Ranga

any feedback would be great, cheers :lol:

I assume you've seen the original FMP? If not, then HA!

Oh, Wing is pretty bollox compared to Seed, ummm, Neo Ranga's supposed to be alright, and never seen El Hazard.

Yeah I seen FMP, its a bit gash really, just another flat bland anime which is funny at times.

I got soo much anime to watch and most of its just okish

Neo Ranga seemed to be a bit boring really, and the episodes are only 15 minutes each

El-Hazard really good fun and the english dub is actually rather good... ive not seen the wonderers(thats the stand alone TV series) but i have the OVAS/ other TV series (Magnificant world OVA 1 - 2 and altelnete world TV)... as a matter of fact the Magnificant world OVA 1 and 2 is avalable in teh UK on VHS... well was avalable via pioneer.... i still see OVA 2 in central now and again... anwyay the wonderes is on my "to buy" list...

El-Hazard is a lightherted dimention traveling thing, thats ammusing....

Gundam Wing - great, but i find just wathing a few eps at a time and giving them time to sink inis best rather than marathons...

Yeah cheers for the info.

I think I've come to a stop in wanting to hunt down anime, I've got sooo much I ned to watch its ridiculas and I can only watch a few episodes every few days cus of work etc.

heres a list of what I've got, tell me if I should stop :D

cowboy bebop

vandread

flcl remastered

serial experiments lain

hack // sign

ghost in the shell - stand alone complex

magical shopping centre

rahxephon

ebichu

weib kreuz gluhen

excel saga

hellsing

video girl A.I.

puni puni poemi

noir

berserk

full metal panic

full metal panice fumoffu

el hazard - the wanderers

el hazard - magnificent world

chobits

someday's dreamer

vision of escaflowne - movie

scrapped princess

dragon half

tsukihime

kimi ga nozumu eien

gunslinger girl

x

hunter x hunter

wonderful days

ghost in the shell

evangelion official

evangelion bootleg - uncut

death and rebirth

end of evangelion

berserk

trigun

escaflowne

virus

ghost in the shell

akira

princess mononoke

macross plus

x

ninja scroll

kah doh maru

blue gender

shadow skill

nadesico - the prince of darkness

looks like theres a lot there, hell you check the collection of some of my forum mates :lol: - anything there that people really rate highly of, tell me, and if I have'nt watched it yet I'll give it a bash :(

cowboy bebop - highly rate

vandread - ok... avrage with bad cgi bits

flcl remastered - great but a bit odd (directory commenttys very useful)

serial experiments lain - good not for all

hack // sign - good but slow paced

ghost in the shell - stand alone complex - only seen 2 eps looks like its gonna be great

ebichu - amusing but has some stuff your parents shopuld not see (if thats a problem for you)

weib kreuz gluhen - not seen myself.. hit or miss know people that like it or hate it

excel saga - crazyness but i like it... best wathced with some friends (dubs good too)

hellsing - loads of action mindless fun

noir - stylised cool music, but i found it boring, many people really liek it

berserk - great see it now

el hazard - magnificent world - i really like this (see last post)

chobits - populer, i thought it was ok.. very perverted

someday's dreamer - fun but not great

vision of escaflowne - movie - is good... but TV series is better

dragon half - funny and only 2 eps long worth a watch

x - if its TV series i highly recomend.. if its film... er you could pass this...

evangelion official - probly best to see offical as its will have good subs and stuff uncut, really doesnt have toomuch extra and is only for teh last 6 eps or so...

berserk - see above

escaflowne - see above

virus - i wouldnt bother

princess mononoke

macross plus - great go and see it now

kah doh maru - i wouldnt bother, tis ok.. promising then it ends

a quck rundown

I see the Nadesico movie, and not the series?

What made the movie more enjoyable for me, was the portrayal of the movie's protagonist in the series. It's ace!

I thought the movie was very good. But, it didn't really conclude anything did it. The series left a number of things open. Then the movie seems to add more questions without tackling the ones left by the series. Which is a shame.

Still Nadesico is fantastic.

TTFN

I have got the Nadesico episodes all on video, ended up getting all 13 or so of the official ones n cash converters

I did'nt really think the movie was that good. It turned out to be a little too serious and they tried to add too much content. The new characters seemed like a waste of time as they spend most of the film tracking down the old crew.

Thing I love about nadesico is the characters, and unfortunately there was'nt enough of that in the film. It seemed to just finish as it was getting going too. I'm glad I've got it but it just left you thinking WTF!

I'm gonna get the series box set on DVD when I start earning over the summer, don't wanna spend my loan on more DVDs

Think I might give GITS stand alone complex another go, even though when I watched it before it seemed a little too complex for me when you watch it before you go to bed. ;)

Yes, it's not anime, but the manga of Battle Angel Alita is *fucking* superb. You should all track it down.

Actually, I quite liked the OVA too. Certainly not brilliant, but good enough to merit watching certainly.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen it in several years. Might be time for a recap...

Sithlordx: I assume you're asking about what we've been recently watching (I haven't seen Maison Ikkoku so I can't comment. I intend to sometime though, as I've enjoyed Takahashi's other works [i heart Ranma 1/2 and Urusei Yatsura])?

Well, assuming that's what you meant, I've just started watching Boogiepop Phantom, and am greatly enjoying it so far (having watched Evolution 1). The review's on my site if you're interested, and I'm currently waiting to receive a copy of Evolution 2.

Other shows I've been watching: more One Piece (up to episode 66 now I think), and keep trying to make myself watch the rest of Berserk, RahXephon, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi and Azumanga Daioh. It's not happening though, as while I enjoy Abenobashi and love Azumanga, seeing that neither has huge plot-development means that I find One Piece more compelling at the moment, and both Berserk and RahXephon have failed to engage me so far meaning it's hard to work up the enthusiasm to watch them.

All this is compounded, naturally, by the problems of needing to work all week and wanting to travel back home to see my friends on the weekends (where I lack a PC powerful enough to play videos over a 320x240 resolution or a TV capable of displaying NTSC). Annoying and no mistake :P

The review's on my site if you're interested, and I'm currently waiting to receive a copy of Evolution 2.

Other shows I've been watching: more One Piece (up to episode 66 now I think)

You get them free because you're reviewing them?!

And I'm sooooo far behind with One Piece. I've been watching too much non-Anime in the hour or so I use for computer watching these days :P

WE ARE!

You get them free because you're reviewing them?!

And I'm sooooo far behind with One Piece. I've been watching too much non-Anime in the hour or so I use for computer watching these days :P

WE ARE!

He gets them free? Bastard, I wrote that big review of Azumanga Daioh for him and I paid... oh, wait, never mind.

Mmm, torrent.

Now, download those Seed torrents, or my wife will never forgive you, McNeill.

Eheh, no I don't.

I'be paid for the Boogiepop DVD's (why would they be sending me DVD's of a series that was released some time ago, eh? :P)

Hopefully I'll be able to get freebies as the site improves (in both traffic and looks), but until then it isn't likely to happen.

Edit: and as for the 'we are' comment, the One Piece opening and closing themes changed quite a while ago (to some great J-pop) so there's no more 'We are, we are on the cruise! We are!'. But it's more than made up for by the new music (called 'Believe' I, um, believe) which absolutely kicks arse, oh yes B)