IGNORED

Stereophonics - Why do people hate them

marlonharewood

I already made my arguement seperately, i'll clarify. After the first album they turned into dads like Travis and made middle of the road anthemic shite that appealed to boring executive 30somethings because it was both easy listening rock and 'trendy' at the time and also reminded them of their sad and bloated lives.

And there's one thing that any sensible observer can objectively say, and that's this:

Stereophonics' 21st century output > Radiohead's 21st century output.

Are you saying that JEEP and the even worse one that I can't remember the name of because it's so boring is better than Kid A, Amnesiac and Hail To The Thief? Even if you don't like Radiohead you can see that at least they try to change, have life in them and use more than the same 6 fucking chords

Are you saying that JEEP and the even worse one that I can't remember the name of because it's so boring is better than Kid A, Amnesiac and Hail To The Thief? Even if you don't like Radiohead you can see that at least they try to change, have life in them and use more than the same 6 fucking chords

Radiohead? Life in them? Shit I'm going to need a sewing machine to stitch my sides back up

i'm worng

Now we're getting somewhere.

Even if you don't like Radiohead you can see that at least they try to change

And our belovaed Phonics don't?

They clearly progress from meat & potatoes rock

to a more polished sound with a wider outlook

to gentle mellow soothing calms

ending up with a time machine trip with guitar distortion and fun-ness.

Stereophonics = They're too polished, they're over produced, they stick to exactly the same sort of tunes over and over, apart from that there's nothing wrong with them, but I don't like listening to that sort of (in my opinion) glossy boing tat.

I don't hate Stereophonics, I have 2 of their albums, I'm just explaining to you why I think they've gone bad. If I actually hated them I wouldn't be posting in this topic, I'd stay well clear, but what i'm actually trying to do, is to explain to everybody and to myself why I think they've turned into a proto-Travis

i think they've gone down hill but i haven't really listened to the last two albums that much JEEP was pretty chilled and a good listen.

however when the started doing the pop star thing of releasing special edition albums a month after all the fans had bought the first version i lost all respect for them.

the first two albums though are class, the first one especially is one which i think is a classic, like Catatonia - Equally Cursed and Blessed (always played when the sun is out)

Stereophonics much like Travis and Coldplay is Radio 2 music for ageing ex-students who still like to think they are cool with the kids, and believe they are still indie kids.

Dull, boring, bland RAWK music for the middle class to play at diner parties when trying to appear to still have that indie music creditability to their friends.

although i bet the people who are hating the stereophonics and seem to be labelling them as bland radio 2 music for office parties listen to some real shit that we wouldn't touch with a million foot barge pole.

i reckon at least one of them will like quality acts like 50 cent, Scooter or even the Fast Food Rockers.

Well *obviously* the people who hate the Stereophonics will be listening to stuff 'you' don't like. This is why this thread exists - to laugh at the gulf in standards.

you mean to laugh at the difference in taste between people who like the Stereophonics and those who listen to the Cha Cha Slide.

anyone who likes any of the stuff i posted before cannot be taking themselves seriously if they think they have better taste than those who listen to Stereophonics.

although i bet the people who are hating the stereophonics and seem to be labelling them as bland radio 2 music for office parties listen to some real shit that we wouldn't touch with a million foot barge pole.

i reckon at least one of them will like quality acts like 50 cent, Scooter or even the Fast Food Rockers.

i love them also! lets start a fan site!!1