IGNORED

Von Bondies

Student Eye Contact

With the exception of 'Cmon Cmon' and possibly 'The Fever', every single track is instantly forgetable, not to mention unbelievable standard.

Repeated listens prove to have the same frustrating effect as the first time, shocking considering they showed such promise in the fact that they hate the White Stripes.

Maybe White had the right idea after all.

Learn how to groove, you fecking bitch. It's all in the hips.

It's an ace album, very very rocky. Not really any bad tracks on the whole album.

You sir, have shit musical taste, if all you can come up with is a stupid reference to The White Stripes (who they actually loved, Jack pretty much made them who they are now), just because that's all that anyone seems to think about when they hear The Von Bondies mentioned.

Even The Streets are better than you.

'Tell Me What You See' is awesome. Awesome to the max.

'Broken Man' is like a train wreck. Of awesomeness

'Not That Social' is like a drunken fight. OF AWESOMENESS.

The slower songs still manage to grasp my attention, especially Pawn Shoppe Heart itself. But then that's a track without Marcie singing on it, so it's not as good as some of the others...

My interest only peaked when the girlies decided to speak out about half way through. Making a decent change from Jason Streistermeister's almost cliched un-voice.

I only listened to it more than once to find the meaning to why I wasted £11 on this drivel.

Utterly standard. At best.

Damn, at least the White Stripes produce listable music, no matter how much I die inside when I listten to White's incomprehensable FACE and Meg's one trick pony drumming.

Erm...but, yeah the Von Bondies: unoriginal and average.

I would agree with unoriginal for the first album, if it had of came out this year sure. But it's certainly not average.

Then again we're talking about the second album, the whole point of which was to break away from the simple unarticulated Detroit scene. Sonically, they've done so. Media wise, as much as they've tried- the public are still being fed that they're the Detroit act they always were.

Have you even listened to the second album?! It's the last thing I would call all that wot you've done called it.

Perhaps you'd like some abbreivated versions.

The points are both clear and precise Mr. Aggressive.

If that is your real name.

Aggressive? Because I think you're a cunt.

Fock off, twatface.

The "points" aren't clear. Just stupid.

Sounds like you haterz are too hung up on the anti-strokes vibe. There's nothing to hate in the actual music itself; if you find it bland, then that's one thing. But don't push it with this 'fucking rubbish' nonsense: it just reeks of indie snobbery.

Von Bondies first album stood out because of the first three or four excellent tracks in which they fused the delta blues with detroit garage punk. Pawn Shoppe Heart expands these ideas into a full album in which their sound becomes fully realised. they get deeper into the music in other words.

they don't sound anything like The Strokes, or any other 'scene' band. they might be rich, they might be 'cool' but who cares. the music is excellent and that is all.

You what?

Perhaps lateral thinking isn't the strong point of this folder but there's more than enough music orientated commentary to warrant the opinion 'fucking rubbish'

Nope, you've missed my point there. Simply saying that you'd present a far more persuasive argument if you'd only recognise the good aspects of the album. Anyone with a semi-functioning ear canal should agree that at the very least, the album contains some excellent hooks and a more-than-competant vocalist.

If the whole 'scene' thing is what's pissing you off, then I guess that's halfway understandable. But at least DiscoStu was big enough to bring that into his argument in the first few replies.

I don't care for scenes, and I find categorising music more of a chore than a bernefit but for me the album really does suck.

I've admitted Cmon Cmon and The Fever have charm but as a whole it feels so utterly lacking. I'm struggling to even remember anything but the aforementioned tunes, and 'Crawl through the darkness'...which happens to end in exactly the same way as many of the other tracks on the album.

Y'know, the music stops and the vocalist has one last line before the next formulaic effort kicks in.

Because somehow an utterly shit band manages to better them.

SHAZAM

sorry, The White Stripes are shit or Von Bondies, or both? from the interviews i've read it's clear Jason Stollmeister (sp?) has a lot of admiration for The White Stripes, musically, and that's after the beating he received from Jack White.