Jurassic Park 4

For a long time we've heard talk about Spielberg's 'great idea' for the story of the fourth "Jurassic Park" movie that has gotten people exicted about the franchise. Well long time DH informer 'Undergear' finally has the scoop on what that idea might be:

"All these rumors about Jurassic Park 4 are false. They are retooling the script (out to big name doctors right now) But here's the worst part... All this talk about this "brilliant" idea, well... I cannot begin to tell you how bad his idea is...The government has trained dinosaurs to carry weapons and use them for battle purposes. I am not kidding!".

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040416a.php

Heh.

Hehehe.

Haha.

MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, etc.

dinowar-1.jpg

Are you a recently escaped mental patient with a 60 rocks-a-day Crack habit? If so, we'd like you to write us a screenplay! Your chance for fame and fortune in HOLLYWOOD, HOME OF DREAMS awaits! Contact Mr S. Spielberg or Ms K. Kennedy at yougottabefuckingkiddingme@UniversalPictures.com

I thought the initial story was something about a virus that originally killed the dinosaurs being brought back and the only other species that could catch it were humans....

I thought that sounded like the worst plot ever.... I was wrong.

They should make the franchise more adult orientated in the sense that they should have a film rated 15 or 18, if they made it like Dino Crisis it could succeed, but JP 4, well, are directors that short of ideas?. What will be next, Robocop 4?.

After the complete abomination that was JP3 I don't give a fuck about what could have been one of the best trilogies of the nineties anymore... so bring it on. I'm used to classic movies getting raped by future releases (see Lucas)

JP2 was shockingly bad I thought. Better than the book though. JP3 was even worse. JP4 sounds damn cool. Seriously, if they make this in a similar mould to something like Starship Troopers or some of the Carpenter films (Tongue in cheek, deliberately cheesy etc) it could be really good fun. I want to see a Tyrannosaurus with a light-sabre in one hand and a big bastard tommy gun in the other hand. The possibilities are endless! Actually, why don’t they just make a film of ZOIDS?

I doubt this is true. Even if it was I'm sure they'd make it at least half decent. However, Jurassic Park is my favourite film ever, so I'm a bit nervous.

Lost World was great I thought - not as good as the (brilliant) book, but still great, and there was nothing particularly wrong with JP3. Perhaps it was guilty of not offering anything really new, but it was fun, and we finally got to see an Atrium sequence, which we really should have seen in the first film.

P.S. Dino Riders were ace. :ph34r: I loved how the bad guys got carnivores and the good guys got herbivores. And of course, the naughty types used mind control whereas the good 'uns were had some king of natural affinity to talk with their beasts.

IMP, JP3 is probably the best out of the current trilogy (apart from it's lack of an ending).

I love the first movie but the third has the advantage that the everyone already knows the set up, leaving plenty of room for Dino action.

The first movie was great in that it brought up some philosophical questions (just because we have the ability to act like God, should we? etc) but for popcorn munching fare, JP3 is great.

JP2 is not as bad as people make out. Yes, it's pretty nonsensical and extremely illogical in places but had it's moments. unfortunately, the foster gymnast daughter is not one of them.

yeah i like all of them.

the first time i saw JP3 i was dissapointed by the non ending but after repeat viewings it's not too bad.

i would've loved to have seen the planned marines vs dinosaurs final battle though.

also The Lost World novel is hugely superior to the movie.

yeah i like all of them.

the first time i saw JP3 i was dissapointed by the non ending but after repeat viewings it's not too bad.

i would've loved to have seen the planned marines vs dinosaurs final battle though.

also The Lost World novel is hugely superior to the movie.

Me too but to be done correctly it wouild have to be really dark in tone possibly to the point of comedic. I'm thinking along the lines of Starship Troopers.

JP3 was basically a dumping ground for much of the plot and action of the Lost World book, and IMO was a lot of fun. A good popcorn flick. The book was better than either, though.

Nothing can quite compare to the first, though, I remember the excitement about seeing it when it first came out back in Primary 5. I still listen to John Williams' Jurrasic Park suite when I'm feeling nostalgic...

[quote name='11 Herbs 'n' Spices' date='Apr 17 2004, 09:04 PM'] IMP, JP3 is probably the best out of the current trilogy (apart from it's lack of an ending).

I love the first movie but the third has the advantage that the everyone already knows the set up, leaving plenty of room for Dino action.

The first movie was great in that it brought up some philosophical questions (just because we have the ability to act like God, should we? etc) but for popcorn munching fare, JP3 is great.

JP2 is not as bad as people make out. Yes, it's pretty nonsensical and extremely illogical in places but had it's moments. unfortunately, the foster gymnast daughter is not one of them. [/quote]
Three things [i]The Lost World[/i] has going for it:

i) The score - Williams' Lost World theme is stirring, majestic.
ii) Pete Postelthwait - simply a god in the film.
iii) The cliffhanger/long grass set pieces - brilliant stuff, though the former goes on perhaps a touch too long.

As for the original, while the story is nothing special, as a spectacle, it's incredible and probably the most effective and 'invisible' use of CGI to date (which is pretty damning on the standard of CGI since then, given how long it is since it was made) Only the part where the T-rex chews the wheel of the car off looks dodgy, as far as I'm concerned.

It's still hard to believe that any part of that movie is CGI when you compare it to Spider-Man and The Matrix sequels' CGI...

I need to get that Lost World theme.

To be fair, it's always been easier to create realistic looking lizard type creatures than human beings, hence why pretty much all of early CG work in movies involved lizards, dinosaurs, bugs or aliens.