IGNORED

Love Actually...

squirtle

Tis true. Just watched this. Delorean me all you like, but when I actually see something that I really like I like to tell people. And this I really liked. It almost made me cry too, but only in a couple of places (where Liam Neeson is doing the eulogy for his wife and then when Colin Firth proposes right at the end). It's just a really well made piece of feel good, british cinema. And Bill Nighy is just fantastic along with the guy who plays Rab C Nesbitt, his manager. Just brilliant. So, yeah, was not expecting much, but finished viewing it with a lump in my throat and a real sense of good feelings.

Not often that a film actually cheers me up but this has done in spades. Great stuff.

And if you don't like it, then yo truly are dead inside.

And if you don't like it, then yo truly are dead inside.

That would be me then as I absoutely hated the film. It has no redeemable qualities at all apart from quite a good performance by Emma Thompson. It seemed the only reason it had so many different love stories was so a) they could have as many celebrities as possible in the film and B) so they didnt have to have well developed characters or stories. Its also cheesy beyond belief but not in a good way, the Titanic parody and the dance at Downing Street made me squirm in my seat, and using the victims of 9/11 at the beginning seemed very cheap.

For a feel good movie I will stick with Amelie and Harvey.

I bought the DVD on the day of release and watched it the next night at some friends. With a group like that I was sure I'd missed some of the movie so I watched it the next day at home with no distractions. I really enjoyed it... both times!!

I watched it for the second time, this week, after seeing in the cinema first time around. It really improved with a second viewing. It's nothing particularly clever or interesting - just very enjoyable. I have to admit to crying at least twice this time too :)

I watched it for the second time, this week, after seeing in the cinema first time around. It really improved with a second viewing. It's nothing particularly clever or interesting - just very enjoyable. I have to admit to crying at least twice this time too ;)

Ah, bless ya. I was sat there watching it with my girlfriend and when Colin Firth walks into that restaurant at the end and she's on that balcony, I could feel myself welling up... :(

The bit that had me in floods of tears was when that guy from This Life went to see Kiera Knightley and showed her the messages on the boards.

I was also quite sad at the bit where KK saw his wedding video.

I really enjoyed it, and I can't decided if the bad girl with a black bob was hot or a minger. Nice clothes though.

I liked how the people came together too, at first it seems very unconnected but then little things happen that join them together.

I loved the bit where the nerdy guy went off to America and pulled all those sexy women. Of course, completely silly but very funny.

The bit that had me in floods of tears was when that guy from This Life went to see Kiera Knightley and showed her the messages on the boards.

I was also quite sad at the bit where KK saw his wedding video.

I really enjoyed it, and I can't decided if the bad girl with a black bob was hot or a minger. Nice clothes though.

I liked how the people came together too, at first it seems very unconnected but then little things happen that join them together.

I loved the bit where the nerdy guy went off to America and pulled all those sexy women. Of course, completely silly but very funny.

That deserves a high five, i nearly cried at that bit

Ah, saved by people with souls and a little bit of heart.

Thinking back, I feel the aging rock star and his manager was the best of the stories. I like a bit of male bonding now and again. And the guy who plays Rab C Nesbitt really underplayed it great effect.

i enjoyed it when i saw it at Christmas time, it's definitely a Christmas movie but they did bite off more than they could chew. there are just so many loose ends and story lines not properly explained or explored. it would have been better had they just made the Hugh Grant story the main movie and had fewer sub plots.

a real chocolate box of a movie in which some of the centres are a bit, yuck especially the bit with Liam Neeson and his kid near the end and the end itself. love overload!

HE HAS A NAME GODAMMIT!!

:D

Gregor Fisher. Say it.

I couldn't for the life of me remember it...

Sorry... :(

[fightclub]His name is Gregor Fisher. His name is Gregor Fisher. His name is GREGOR FISHER. HIS NAME IS GREGOR FISHER! HIS NAME IS GREGOR FISHER!!!11!1[/fightclub]

My main gripe with the film was that the I didn't think the American woman had a happy ending at all, how i wept for her

Emma Thompson didn't either! Her story was really quite sad, especially when she found the necklace, but opened a CD!

Bad Alan Rickman.

I saw 'Love Actually' recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. So what if it is cheesy.

Exactly! This place is so bloody snobby some times!

It's no good if a game is less than an Edge 9 (10?) or if a film isn't made by some obscure foreign bloke.

It's all about the harmless fun.

If a game is shit, it's shit.

If a movie is shit, it's shit.

Love Actually was shit. It was an awful, awful film - more cynical than any sbobby rubbish you might read here. Terrible, terrible... aggghh got to stop, I'm getting worked up and might just stop off in HMV on my way home to scratch a few DVD's if I don't calm down.

No. If you think it's shit it is to you. Not to me, or oli, or Futureshock or Squirtle, to everybody else that likes it.

On this forum someone who likes something that most others don't they're treated appalingly!

There is no respect for other peoples opinions.