Consolevania on disc

biglime

Hi.

Information at last on how to purchase disc copies of Consolevania, for those of you who can't download...

In the spirit of the 'free TV' element of the show, we have decided that we will NOT be accepting monetary payment for copies of the first two shows on disc.

It would be unfair to expect anyone to pay for their copy, when it can be downloaded freely on the intrawebscope.

Therefore, if you would like a copy of the show on disc, you have to send us an INTERESTING GAMES RELATED ITEM. This does not have to be anything of any real value. It might be a really shite game you hate, or a badge, or some promotional tat, ANYTHING AT ALL. Use your imagination.

You send us something, we send you something. Simple. Like swappies at school.

The best, most interesting items we recieve will be catalogued, photographed and featured on the CONSOLEVANIA website.

So, this is your heads-up on ordering details before it appears on the official site:

Send us some GAMING SHITE.

Include your address.

Recieve your copy, on disc.

Look out to see if your quirky item appears on the website.

Thanks for your attention and your support.

R.

PM FOR POSTAL ADDRESS

Nothing to do with this payment method, but I've just (finally) downloaded and watched #1, and I'd like to add my voice to the chorus of approval. Fantastic to have watched something genuinely amusing, interesting, well put together and that isn't ashamed to be joyful about its subject matter.

Personally, I'd be happy with the large majority of it being reviews, and with less of the street stuff - the reviews were far and away the best ones I've ever seen on TV. The enthusiasm about the experience games can offer that was evident reminded me of exactly why I love them in the first place. Thank fuck that someone has put together a show about games that doesn't feel the need to be patronising (or, worse, to be ironically patronising) about the thing it's supposed to be celebrating.

Respect is due.

Personally, I'd be happy with the large majority of it being reviews, and with less of the street stuff - the reviews were far and away the best ones I've ever seen on TV. The enthusiasm about the experience games can offer that was evident reminded me of exactly why I love them in the first place.

We're still trying to find the right balance.

We'll probably be shifting to four or five longer reviews and a few short ones from CV3 onwards. We'll also be covering more retro stuff, and making a habit of resting characters and segments so that nothing gets too stale.

CV3 will be a lot different from CV2, for example.

Anyway, thanks for watching.

R.

We'll probably be shifting to four or five longer reviews and a few short ones from CV3 onwards. We'll also be covering more retro stuff, and making a habit of resting characters and segments so that nothing gets too stale.

Yeah, that's not a bad idea at all. And I didn't mean that to sound like a criticism; it was just a voicing of taste that I'm sure isn't shared by everyone.

Infact, when I think that was a "first effort" I'm even more impresed. It was (without wishing to spank your egos more than they have been) far and away the best games show I've seen.

I don't have anything. I live in my student digs and only have the essentials. All the crap, if I have any, is at home. And I'm never going home again. And I can't download it. I'm going to cry. :D

Make, or do, something.

Surprise us.

This is supposed to be fun. Don't get stressed- you'll fail your exams.

R.