easyworld-kill the last romantic

jet_set_radio

Easyworld- Kill the last Romantic

it deserves a whole thread to itself!

Seriously lovely guitar and piano songs by a band that clearly deserve to be adored at least as much as Coldplay/ Travis etc by the British public.

Kill the Last Romantic is their beautiful, varied and emotive latest album.

A damned talented band that are great live too.

Nice to see this thread, and nice to see Easyworld getting some praise.

'This Is Where I Stand' is one of my favourite albums crammed full of decent tunes and you're right, they're excellent live... in fact, the guy is one of the greatest live singers I've ever heard(and I've seen them about 10 times). Spot on about the new album too... although it's different to the first one it's a beautiful record.

Great band.

Loving KTLR, it's a bit of an emotional journey from start to finish, and for all it's politico-musings, it never once sounds preachy or annoying.

Ten thumbs up!

The frontman Dav does all the songs, cover art concepts, design, etc, so you can sort of pick out an Easyworld album/ single from the artwork alone. Which is pretty good, I have to say. Only saw them live once (at a single-signing in HMV), but they were superb.

• 2 weeks later...

good to see some responces. :D

Hope some of you have checked them out as a result of my reccomendation! Drive, Tonight and Saddest Song are probably the best tracks, but I think it would be a shame not to listen to the album as a whole, because as Sacehost says it's an emotional journey from start to finish.

So buy it! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I do love KTLR, This is Where I Stand is far superior....a better album of infectious, precocious and completely over the top guitar pop has yet to be made.

KTLR is pretty and jas some lovely moments but its all a bit too grown up in comparison. Too many ballads. Having said that This is All I Can remember is one of my songs of the year - REM's Country Feedback reworked with industrial guitar and a malestrom of emotion.

Brilliant stuff

yeah, this is where i stand is a fantastic album.

i wasn't initially impressed with KTLR, mostly because i was expecting more of the songs to be as catchy as 2nd ammendment...

but it's growing on me.

Dav did say he wanted to produce a melancholy masterpiece for himself, then give the fans the rock songs if they want them for the next album...

yeah, this is where i stand is a fantastic album.

i wasn't initially impressed with KTLR, mostly because i was expecting more of the songs to be as catchy as 2nd ammendment...

but it's growing on me.

Dav did say he wanted to produce a melancholy masterpiece for himself, then give the fans the rock songs if they want them for the next album...

We can but hope.... I've no problem with the slower stuff but KTLR is overweighted with it and a few of the songs are easily forgotten as a result.

Having said that it needs to be up to their old standards: 2nd Amendment was a bit uptempo Easyworld by numbers to me. And we want more over blown angst ....feel sorry for your self louder damn it Dav!