IGNORED

Run, Lola, Run

Student Eye Contact

lola_rennt_bg.jpg

Thats how I know it

I have this poster framed above my sofa. It is excellent. As is the film, of course. In fact, I'd put it in my personal Top Ten Films Ever.

If you can, get hold of the DVD. Not just for the film itself, but for the appallingly bad English-dubbed version. The whole movie is dubbed In The Style Of... People Who Failed The Audition For A Second Rate Guy Ritchie Mockney Gangster Film. It's absolutely awful, in a mildly amusing way.

I was reading on imdb how this film inspired the director of Go, that film with Katie Holmes in it ;)

You can kind of tell, the way it's shot, the only difference being there isn't any alternate scenario's in Go, at least not how I remember it.

Run Lola Run is quality, I saw it on Channel 4 a couple of years back, and thought it was good, saw it again last year and dug it a lot more for some reason, so I bought the DVD, which has naff Franka Potente music video's, but she's quite fit, so it's all good.

I have this poster framed above my sofa. It is excellent. As is the film, of course. In fact, I'd put it in my personal Top Ten Films Ever.

If you can, get hold of the DVD. Not just for the film itself, but for the appallingly bad English-dubbed version. The whole movie is dubbed In The Style Of... People Who Failed The Audition For A Second Rate Guy Ritchie Mockney Gangster Film. It's absolutely awful, in a mildly amusing way.

I know it's bad, but isn't the English dubbing done by the original actors? For some reason I'm convinced that at least Franke Potente did her own English dub. The original German is much better though.

I love this film, it pushed all the right buttons.

As much as I love this film, I really hate the animation in it. Seemed very out of place, and unnecessary. Otherwise, top marks.

I'm not familiar with German cinema at all ... are there any other German films this good?

One of my all time favourite films.

Just written an assignment about it too, which was a spot of luck.

In the book Screenplay: Cinema/Videogames/interfaces (it was in Edge a while back) theres a piece entitled "Run Lara Run", about how the film has many videogame like features; multiple chances to get the 'right' result, the enviroment is designed for her and allows her to achieve her goals (the Berlin in the film is geographically impossible) and so on.

I'm not familiar with German cinema at all ... are there any other German films this good?

Well, I'm studying German cinema at the moment and although Run Lola Run is certainly the best film I've seen on the course The Tin Drum, Wings of Desire and the recent Goodbye Lenin are well worth a look.