Harvest Moon GC

mdn2

Yes I got that one. Not much use. I wanted one that let me water more than one square at a time. It's unbelievably tedious as it stands and I've only planted about 20 squares max.

I've done that many roughly as well. Not sure if I'll bother again. Doesnt seem to be enough reward. I'll probably concentrate more on animals from now on. Might plant some trees though.

Bleugh schmeugh. It's the gba version with way more features, a bigger farm, Nami, a rideable horse, the option to open your own store etc.

EDIT: Sorry, will ask my questions in the ATF topic... :P

How does it have more features if it has no festivals and a crappy farm system, no pedometer, no harvest goddess... no PROPER shop like the super marke t in the gba one...

True about the lack of festivals, but the ordering system works pretty good, I never used the pedometer, and don't even know what the Harvest goddess is (just started with the game) And a crappy farm system? The only crappy thing is that watering your crops takes hours to do. Can't find any other crappy things..

Yes I got that one.  Not much use.  I wanted one that let me water more than one square at a time.  It's unbelievably tedious as it stands and I've only planted about 20 squares max.

Isn't there an unlockable watering can with a much bigger nozzle. Look at the silhouettes in the shed.

Personally i have no gripes with the in-game clock speed. 5am: Water crops. 8am: See to animals. 10am: A spot of fishing. Noon: Check your shipment box. Rest of the day: Woo the ladies...

That's better than real life.

I have played up to the 2nd year and this is probably the most boring HM game I have played.

I think its time to sell this one, which is a shame because I was looking forward to it after playing the GBA version.

For a next gen game I was expecting ALOT more than this.

Very dissapointing :D

If you don't know about the harvest goddess that means you've not played the gba version?

I have the game, but right now I'm in Summer, Year 1, so I haven't managed to find anything about the Harvest goddess

I guess you have to be really strange like me to find her then :D As I always go for the (hint) Zelda art of annoying someone mythical, wherever I can. You're meant to have found her by now as she's an integral part of the game.

Meanwhile, on the GC I lost about an hour of my game because I talked to Murray and he begged for money and then wouldn't let me go and I kept cycling on the same choices over and over and had to reset.

MAJOR BUG ALERT!!!

Lucy has discovered a bug in Harvest Moon! On the last day of Winter in her first year she ordered a seed processing machine. That night when she tried to sleep the screen went black and stayed black. The reset button failed to work and she had to restart the GameCube. She decided to re-load and stay awake past midnight. On the stroke of midnight Takakura started to tell her that her Seed Maker had arrived (which can't be right) but the screen went black again and a loud screeching noise occurred. She restarted the GC again and this time cancelled the order for the Seed Maker and tried sleeping. This time everything worked fine and the new year began.

Thought you all might like to know. First real bug i've ever seen in a Nintendo game. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

mdn2: best. avatar. EVAR!

MCOG rules, BTW.

Anyway, back on topic. I didn't have any plans to buy this game, but the games collector in me who's obssessed with rarities is teling me to pick this one up asap.

I almost always miss out on the rare games first time round, so I shant take the chance this time round.

Before I buy this, just how badly optimised is this game?

If it's got huge borders then I'll plump for the GBA version.

No excuse these days...

It's got a small border at the top and a massive one at the bottom. If you put it on Freeloader and boot it at 60Hz it's only got the big one at the bottom

MCOG is only the best if it's Mriends Cf Oineral Gown

Come back after a few hours playing it and say it's a top game.

Starting my third year...top game.

I have to say, I don't play this too often. But every now and then, its nice to spend a day there, trotting about and not really doing much.

It's the gaming equivalent of spending a lazy Sunday afternoon in the garden.

I appreciate the inevitable response is "buy it online" but I went to Bluewater today and visited the 2 GAME stores, plus HMV, Virgin (and WH Smiths out of desperation) and couldn't find a copy - so much for the "3rd May restock."

Amazing how the prices on current prices via Amazon range from £25 to £54!

I just ordered the top one. I'm guessing I'll probably get ripped off in some way, but meh - I'm a sucker for it. £18.98 with postage. I can wait 12-17 days!

*Goes back to play his copied version of FOMT that some twat off Ebay sold him*

Ahh, right. It's disappeared now. A new copy of the GC Harvest Moon for £18.98 including shipping from a seller on Amazon. UK PAL, but 12-17 days delivery, as it's shipped from the US. Which is why I don't understand why it's UK PAL. Which is why I think I'm going to be ripped off in some fashion. Which is why.. Errm.. Yes.

God I'm ill..