E137 Scores & Features

footle

Read about the Zoonami game in the bath this morning, and it flew towards the top of my most anticipated list.

Having little to no real musical talent, any game that makes me feel like I do (step forward Frequency) is a guaranteed purchase from this chappy.

Read about the Zoonami game in the bath this morning, and it flew towards the top of my most anticipated list.

Having little to no real musical talent, any game that makes me feel like I do (step forward Frequency) is a guaranteed purchase from this chappy.

I thought Martin Hollis sounded delusional.

The Armored Core review seemed to be a perfectly reasonable "If you like mecha games with a steep learning curve for newbies..." - but perhaps we could just give that >>particular<< review a thread of its own and move right along... :D

Did that, didn't seem to go down too well. Ne'ermind.

Overall, this issue was a bit bland. Witty but hollow. Maybe Mott can fix that in time though...

:D

Hollis & Redeye.

Those were the most noticeable in terms of wit to actual content ratio. I am all for entertaining prose, but only after something meaningful has been covered/reported/stated. EDGE should have intelligent staff and I just wish they ceased trying to look clever and actually use their intellectual powers.

Those were the most noticeable in terms of wit to actual content ratio. I am all for entertaining prose, but only after something meaningful has been covered/reported/stated. EDGE should have intelligent staff and I just wish they ceased trying to look clever and actually use their intellectual powers.

I think you're being well too harsh cacky. The last few issues have improved immeasurably since Mott has been on board, so I don't really think your comments have any real relevance.

Did that, didn't seem to go down too well. Ne'ermind.

Overall, this issue was a bit bland. Witty but hollow. Maybe Mott can fix that in time though...

I think your writing in Gamestm doesnt really give you any leverage to be so critical (all the time with a hard on) of Edge.

I'm all for criticism but you seem malicious born out of frustration/jealousy.

How's it going with the Edge inaccuracy file,ready to be shown to the relevant authorities yet?

I think you're being well too harsh cacky. The last few issues have improved immeasurably since Mott has been on board, so I don't really think your comments have any real relevance.

Hey Darren, watch this!!

[rocks boat]

Live a little!

I think your writing in Gamestm doesnt really give you any leverage to be so critical (all the time with a hard on) of Edge.

I'm all for criticism but you seem malicious born out of frustration/jealousy.

How's it going with the Edge inaccuracy file,ready to be shown to the relevant authorities yet?

If I was "jealous" of EDGE then I would be pestering Mott to give me a job. I haven't. My concern is purely from the perspective of a gamer who fucking cares. If people want to pin shit on me, that's their perogative.

As for the EDGE Files, well the three bods undertaking the project have halted its progress due to work commitments and throw off some of the heat. Last I saw of it, it was going to be an online database with an added "shitstorm" functionality.

Hey Darren, watch this!!

[rocks boat]

Live a little!

If I was "jealous" of EDGE then I would be pestering Mott to give me a job. I haven't. My concern is purely from the perspective of a gamer who fucking cares. If people want to pin shit on me, that's their perogative.

As for the EDGE Files, well the three bods undertaking the project have halted its progress due to work commitments and throw off some of the heat. Last I saw of it, it was going to be an online database with an added "shitstorm" functionality.

Sod rocks boat - burning bridges is the term you should be using! :angry:

Who was Edge editor when you WERE pestering them for a job then?

"... who fucking cares about mech game reviews", you mean? :angry:

Who was Edge editor when you WERE pestering them for a job then?

I never pestered anyone at EDGE for a job, though I did once offer an interview with Juro Watari...but Joao made some comment about mentalists and knifing so I decided to walk away from that one.

I never pestered anyone at EDGE for a job, though I did once offer an interview with Juro Watari...but Joao made some comment about mentalists and knifing so I decided to walk away from that one.

You mean the "crackhead cyberstalker mentalist" episode?

How do you define "intelligent"?

Still bitter about that lack of an Oxbridge degree?

How do you define "intelligent"?

Still bitter about that lack of an Oxbridge degree?

The articles in EDGE show that the writers are lucid thinkers but are overtly cautious about taking their analysis all the way. So what you have left is an aura of definitive journalism without the content to back it up.

What's with the Oxbridge comment, fishing for further insidious motivation on my part? Jeez, give it a break will ya?

I'm not quite sure what the "hydraulic platform" emoticon means myself. :angry:

NACMO = BEARD

The articles in EDGE show that the writers are lucid thinkers but are overtly cautious about taking their analysis all the way. So what you have left is an aura of definitive journalism without the content to back it up.

That'd probably be my main criticism a lot of the time too. Sometimes I wish Edge read more like a combination of Redeye and Stephen Poole and less like a combination of Nagoshi and Mr. Biffo.

That'd probably be my main criticism a lot of the time too. Sometimes I wish Edge read more like a combination of Redeye and Stephen Poole and less like a combination of Nagoshi and Mr. Biffo.

I actually find Poole to be the worst offender, mainly because he never seems to do enough research.

I actually find Poole to be the worst offender, mainly because he never seems to do enough research.

Well, to be fair, it's a monthly column and it's hardly his main job, so it'll be mostly based on personal experience in comparison to Edge articles. I just wish Edge would be as adventurous in its probing of the possibilities which were out there when it's writing about games.

I'm at a loss to understand you here.

You're wanting an updated version of Trigger Happy every month?

Or The Economist, Games Edition?

Why would this sell on the newstand?

What would the target audience be?

Well, to be fair, it's a monthly column and it's hardly his main job, so it'll be mostly based on personal experience in comparison to Edge articles. I just wish Edge would be as adventurous in its probing of the possibilities which were out there when it's writing about games.

He is supposed to be an "expert" though, and his analysis shouldn't be so woolly.

yeah, but if you were in charge, you'd be at a loss as to waht to do next after you'd got the definitive nexus review out of the way if that's the criteria of how to write a magazine. :angry:

He is supposed to be an "expert" though, and his analysis shouldn't be so woolly.

That's part of the appeal for me, he leaves a lot of room for thinking around the idea, but the aforementioned combination with Redeye's rantfulness would obviously give a more heavy, persuasive argument.

yeah, but if you were in charge, you'd be at a loss as to waht to do next after you'd got the definitive nexus review out of the way if that's the criteria of how to write a magazine. :angry:

The definitive Nexus Review would *be* the magazine.

You certainly couldn't do it justice in a mere 30 pages or so.

:lol: