IGNORED

Beautiful levels

DJ Sack

There are so many, What about emerald coast from Sonic adventure with dolphins jumping around as the sea laps the shore line, or what about the ice world of Ocarina of time? Theres hundreds out there, but for me i must say Banjo Kazooie does it for me, just check out the pictures, they do tell a thousand words.

banjo.jpg

desert1.gif

snow2.gif

haunt6.gif

The Halo level with it's stunning view of the Halo, the waterfall, the sun effect through the trees, the rolling countryside up the hill, and a Covenant ship flying low as you walk over the bridge ;)

halo_preview.jpg

Also, the beautiful island of the Silent Cartographer.thesilentcartographer_preview.jpg

Phenandra Drifts and the Arctic level of Metroid Prime and Zero Mission, respectively.

I disagree. The soundtrack to Phenandra is what gives the emotional impact not the arrangement, make up or composition of the level which is in fact just another chilly winter wonderland.

Axelay level 2 is fantastic.

I disagree. The soundtrack to Phenandra is what gives the emotional impact not the arrangement, make up or composition of the level which is in fact just another chilly winter wonderland.

Axelay level 2 is fantastic.

Well, okay. The arctic level of Fusion still has visuals to match the sound... until Nightmare makes its presence felt. ;)

Theres hundreds out there, but for me i must say Banjo Kazooie does it for me, just check out the pictures, they do tell a thousand words.

What thousand words are those? Does it start with "Clean out your eyes"

That bit in Strider was amazing. The jump at the end was jusy aces.

FAFAFAFAFAFAFFFAFAAFFFA!

One of the iconic videogaming moments of near enough everyone's youth.

I'm suprised Capcom have waited so long for it to go all 3D. Strider 3 on the PSP?

I really love Mario Sunshine's Bianco Hills.The sights, sounds, colours, reflective lake: everything. It really is the lushest location I've ever had the pleasure to bounce around in in my years of gaming. The music's great there, too. I love that riff of strings at the end of the loop. So haze-y and summer-y. Yum! If you can, play it in Dolby Surround too. The flower enemies make a cool warble-y noise that just fills you with joy when you hear it wobbling from every corner of the room. Stand next to them and rotate the camera - pure audio bliss. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy, so it does.

I wish I lived in one of those huts at the start of the level. I'd go out and splash around in that lake all day. Such a great level.

3-2.jpg

super-mario-sunshine-6.jpg

04.jpg

marsun.jpg

Sunshine is a little sickly sweet to be called truly beautiful though don't you think Calashnikov? Great game and all(completed it with a dozen or so mental blue coins left) but truly beautiful? I don't know

Riding Epona over Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time is way up there as one of my beautiful videogame memories.

Hope youse all seen the new zelda pics in the E3 folder by the way?

*drools*