Beautiful levels

DJ Sack

I remember the game, but not that. Remind me.

It was level 3 or 4 of the game if memory serves. Its featured some rather lush graphics in the day and i recall Zapp64 calling it 'the electic sea'.#

I'll had to dig out the EMU to check it out again. Great Galway music too.

I will never get the start of Zelda: LTTP out of my head.

The rain, the thunder...it was just tops. Then seeing it all again later in the sun ;)

I might add, that Sega, in their day, always used to make the brightest sunniest games, be it Outrun, Sonic or Crazy Taxy. All sun and sand. I used to love that feeling, esp with the fans on the Outrun arcade game.

jethro jazz- Is that Jak and Daxter? if so, it plays blandly.

D-Side- I was referring to the fact that your last screenshot didn't display on my screen, I loved the Ico shot even though I haven't played more than the demo it is still a moving image(he's outside the castle he was escaping from right?)

I was just ragged there wasn't another beautiful pic.

Calashnikov- I love ryu's level too. Blanka's is another favourite.

I'm looking forward to a meet where I can destroy all comers at SFII without even doing the dirt.

seriously me and about two others are the best in N.Ireland at that game.

Morrowind's first town by the lake is a recent one that I find beautiful also.

Wow, some great stuff here*. What's that Transformers game running on?

SMS: Didn't think much of Bianco Hills (a bit too N64-y). Gelato Beach (coral!) and parts of Delfino Plaza were stunning though.

Prime: Artifact temple, hall of the elders, arboretum (note that you can see the outside of the arboretum from neighbouring corridor), lifts/walkways overlooking the impact crater (magmoor->phazon mines, I think). Oh, and the Life Grove. And the frigate exterior. and one of the ante-corridors in Phendrana with a windmill overlooking it. and the Sunchamber. Lots of stuff, basically.

Black & White (yeah, I know): Norse settlements in evening.

Chaser: Noviy Yerropol (Siberia) (I think). Most of the rest of the game is rubbish, but this level is just so atmospheric. Wondering around in a twilit arctic forest full of Russian soldiers, searchlights looming out of the fog. Then fighting through a huge, delapidated base.

Cloud City. (RS2:RL)

Stage 01 of Thunder Force IV. (Strite (sic))

Virtua Racing.

Spheres of Chaos.

*except for JSRF - I can see what they tried to do, but it's too spiky.

Another Ico vote- especially the later parts when you end up in the truely ancient depths of the castle...

Halo: the first time you go a-running about in the open after the crash-landing. Spectacular.

FF VII: Consistently lovely vistas.

They're no actual Transformer screeners though are they.

They're renders. They look much sharper then anything a PS2 could achieve.

Also, another classic,

Amalyte on the C64. All levels (but level 3's gorefest springs to mind).

That fucking rocked and not only locked lush, but played smooth like a silcon breast implant.

armalyte_01.gif

Ahhhh. The wait.

armalyte_04.gif

Don't look like much, but this was all we had. It still plays well even today.

What thousand words are those? Does it start with "Clean out your eyes"

You cant tell me you think BK looks ugly can you? It has so much style and charm, and being at the top of the lighthouse on the beach level seeing everything below you.

yeah it looks like that in game. technically it's one of the most impressive titles this generation on any platform; the draw distance is matched only by Far Cry. the screen is often packed with enemies, explosions etc too. it's a sight to behold. static shots don't do it justice of course but they give you an idea. they may be renders, i'm not sure but the amount of detail, draw distance, effects, lighting etc is all the same in game.

jethro jazz- Is that Jak and Daxter? if so, it plays blandly.

Thats not from Jak and Daxter, the picture is from x?x? Valley, home of Red XIII, in FF VIII. That game had a lot of beautiful locations.

It's simple I know, but I still love it.

sm64guide_c03a.jpg

sm64guide_c03b.jpg

The shimmering on the surroundings of the Jolly Roger Bay is very nice.

When I first played that (must have been about 13) I very nearly cried with happiness it was so beautiful. Just thinking about the music now chokes me up a bit. Especially the way it changes when you go underwater. *sigh*

(Of course, I had been waiting fucking months to play it and hadn't slept the previous night in anticipation and it was my birthday so I was in a bit of a funny mood anyway, but still, no game has ever been that beautiful as far as I'm concerned)

I didn't like that underwater level that much, yo. Bobomb Battlefield positively pisses on it. Your underwater level is just mad gay. Only saps love it.

:D

Crap music, too ;)

The guy on the left represents 'Battlefield, folks. The dude on the right? Water Sap Chap #1:

Andy%20Vs%20Thai%20Seido%201992%20karate%20kick%20face.JPG