IGNORED

Beautiful levels

DJ Sack

I didn't like that underwater level that much, yo. Bobomb Battlefield positively pisses on it. Your underwater level is just mad gay. Only saps love it.

:D

Crap music, too ;)

The guy on the left represents 'Battlefield, folks. The dude on the right? Water Sap Chap #1:

You do realise that your pissing on my childhood?

And Bomomb Battlefield? Its just a hill isn't it? :P

Metroid Prime was the first game of its type I'd played for many a year, and when I first stepped onto the Phendrana Drifts it was breathtaking. I'd never seen snow effects like that, and combined with the music and even the birds flitting about, it was just beautiful. First time for ages I'd been in awe of a computer game.

I do agree that after a while you get over it, but first impressions did knock my socks off.

Some of Halo is really impressive - it can all appear a bit samey at times, but the scale of the levels is huge, and seeing Covenant dropships coming in from the horizon, passing overhead, hovering then disgorging troops is a great experience.

Well, I couldn't find the end of PoP (the part when you're outside the tower of doom (?), so that picture was the most accurate I found.

And it's a beauty.

i thought it might be PoP but i wasn't certain. there were so many occasions during that game when i just stopped to admire the view. stunning.

The Halo level with it's stunning view of the Halo, the waterfall, the sun effect through the trees, the rolling countryside up the hill, and a Covenant ship flying low as you walk over the bridge :rolleyes:

halo_preview.jpg

Also, the beautiful island of the Silent Cartographer.thesilentcartographer_preview.jpg

I remember a while back, having played Silent Cartographer to death, I had one more go. I took a different route than I had before, and climbed up that hill next to where the Pelican crashes. Turning around, and looking at the coastline, the cliffs and the beach, I was shocked by the level of beauty. Truly astounded - by taking a new perspective I'd been forced to look at the beauty of this level anew, when it had all but worn off through overplay.

I really love Mario Sunshine's Bianco Hills.

I wish I lived in one of those huts at the start of the level.

Any game that makes you wish you live there has to be something special. I rented this when it came out, but you've inspired me to go and pick it up. :rolleyes:

Any game that makes you wish you live there has to be something special. I rented this when it came out, but you've inspired me to go and pick it up. :rolleyes:

Me: Mario Sunshine Evangelist.

I hope you like it, though. So long as you're not a moron then you ought to enjoy it. Only morons dislike Sunshine.

I'll whisper this:

I preferred it to Mario 64...

:rolleyes:

me too!!...I loved Mario Sunshine

and I thought Wind waker was one of the most immersive, beautiful and enjoyable games I have ever played...don't care wot anyone says!!

Is that Ghost Hunter? I've been wondering if it's any good, but it looks bloody lovely!

That is Ghosthunter. And yes it is bloody lovely. And a pretty good game too. Resident Evil 4, from what I have seen with the change of style and viewpoint, owes a fair bit to it i feel...

Cheers mucker. You just may have persuaded me to part with £7.99.

Anyways Level 3 of R Type Delta is lovely.

level4_1.jpg

What's 7.99? Get it, play it, enjoy it. It's linear as sin, but really atmospheric and good whilst it lasts with some truly great moments in it. I won't spoil them for you... :rolleyes:

It's actually rather awe inspiring looking at some of the stuff created over this generation in terms of its depth and scope. While real world architects may work on a specific building, site or town at any time people are out in this industry creating entire digital worlds filled with wonders beyond the imagination.

This game is probably the most beautiful I've ever seen, combined with an amazing weather and sky system it just constantly makes you go wow - check out the variety of sky in these pics!

b01.jpg

b02.jpg

b03.jpg

b04.jpg

b05.jpg

And they are always changing due to the weather conditions and the time of day. You can see my picture storybook here, which I will be updating with more pics today:

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=42195

Some other favourite beautiful games recently are Halo, POP, Ico, Metroid Prime, Far Cry and KOTOR.

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter for its day was stunning, looking up at the sky to be blinded by the sun for the first unexpected time was a real thrill, along with the greenery and sheer drops of the cliff faces. The constant screen flash when you picked up those triangle things EVERY SINGLE TIME was a right headache, but apart from that it had its moments.

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter for its day was stunning, looking up at the sky to be blinded by the sun for the first unexpected time was a real thrill, along with the greenery and sheer drops of the cliff faces. The constant screen flash when you picked up those triangle things EVERY SINGLE TIME was a right headache, but apart from that it had its moments.

i remember it being a big foggy mess.

The sequel looked good, but played like shit and was boring.

...those triangle things...

Turok regualry scared the living shit out of me on a regular basis because of those things. I'd not be paying attention to how many I'd collected and then all of a sudden...

I AM TUROK!

Yes, very nice mate. No need to shout though is there? You've just knocked three weeks off the end of my life

Starfox Adventures has some beautiful locations. Thorntail Hollow and the Krozoa Shrine are two that stick out in my mind and the accompanying music that went with them was some of the best of this generation IMO. Just a shame the game was no better than average.

Turok regualry scared the living shit out of me on a regular basis because of those things. I'd not be paying attention to how many I'd collected and then all of a sudden...

I AM TUROK!

Yes, very nice mate. No need to shout though is there? You've just knocked three weeks off the end of my life

:unsure: