IGNORED

Beautiful levels

DJ Sack

like nintendo though, theyve gone shit now!

nevermind ey? :D

Like Nintendo? I take it you missed the footage of Zelda, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Zelda: The Minish Cap, Paper Mario....?

And speaking of Rare, few games on E3 looked as beautiful as Kameo and Conker. And they play well too according to hands-on reports.

Serious Sam: SE just about wowed me, especially THE PIT interconnecting gangways.

Like something out of The Keep...

I must say that I really liked the first game's intro [possible spoiler] and that lovely transition from stormy gloominess to brilliant sunshine[/possible spoiler]

Oh, and:

last_ninja_3_11.gif

last_ninja_3_12.gif

last_ninja_3_10.gif

Can't forget the Last Ninja. I don't care what you say. I loved it (even if this is the third one)

Even in this hi-res age, I still think Vagrant Story looks lush. Beautiful lighting effects and gloriously detailed gothic environments. Pity I can't find any pics of the Undercity, but these will do:

001.jpg

13.jpg

Vagrant_Story_03.gif

But nothing comes close to EVE Online:

08n.jpg

04.jpg

Wow there's so many games which I want to post pictures of but I won't otherwise this post will just be hundreds and hundreds of pretty pictures. Super Mario 64, Zelda:OoT, Pilotwings, Jet Force Gemini, The Wind Waker and Diddy Kong Racing (remember Star City?) all deserve to have pictures of them posted. But the most beautiful game ever has to be Morrowind.

Having ABSOLUTE freedom in a world as gorgeous as this is a feeling unlike any other. A whole massive world to be explored. No restrictions at all other than how many hours you are willing to spend lost in the land of Vvardenfeld. That's Morrowind. Absolutely amazing.

morrowind_screen013.jpg

pic_morrowind_12.jpg

Morrowind.jpg

003.jpg

Diddy Kong Racing (remember Star City?)

Which one is that? I love the snowy one with the little houses and the lights. It really gave you that Christmas feeling. Lovely.

Also disc 4 of Shenmue II:

The opening with the kids jumping into the river, the trees, the flowers, the butterflies and fireflies, the eagle, the waterfalls....the tiny village at the end of it all. Fantastic. This thread deserves to be a sticky btw.

shen2_screen008.jpg

shenmue2_screen011.jpg

I also liked the trnsitions between day and night in Majora's Mask (although the first time it happened I went from blissfully admiring my surroundings at my own pace to frantically running around trying to work out where I had to go because 12 hours had already passed). I think I prefer to explore at night. Possibly. A close call.

Ah, I give another vote for NiGHTS, the opening stage for the boy (I can't remember the names of the levels).

So sweet :D

See also: Sonic the Hedgehog - Green Hill Zone [MD and GG incarnations]. Mmm.

Er, what else...

Ooh, Outcast. All of it, but particularly the snowy tutorial level and following green/swampy level. (The Bazaar/deserty level was good too, as was the jungle one, but didn't have as much impact on me)

outcast1.jpg

outcast2.jpg

Oh, and finally Panzer Dragoon Orta, the opening stage (awe-inspiring), and, ooh, just about every other stage in it too ;)

pdo1.jpg

Which one is that? I love the snowy one with the little houses and the lights. It really gave you that Christmas feeling. Lovely.

Also disc 4 of Shenmue:

The opening with the kids jumping into the river, the trees, the flowers, the butterflies and fireflies, the eagle, the waterfalls....the tiny village at the end of it all. Fantastic. This thread deserves to be a sticky btw.

You mean Shenmue II, unless you really liked the Passport disc... :D

But yes, I can't believe I forgot that, such a beautiful stage from a beautiful game ;)

OutRun

Cloudy Mountain (Stage 3 - Right - Right)

Lakeside "something" (Stage 5 - Right each time)

"Something" (Stage 5 - Right - left - right - right)

Space Harrier

The levels where the sky falls in and mirrors the floor are stunning, especially when it all goes dark

FFVII

Most of it but especially Cosmo Canyon, Shinra's Headquarters, City of the Ancients and the pre-render when WEAPON attacks Junon

Morrowind

All of it.

Pilot Wings N64

Most of it, especially free-flight at night time over that beach resort.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the bump*, but I've just bought Sonic Adventure...

...and witnessed Mystic Ruins...

... :unsure:

pic026.jpg

I want to stay in this level forever. It is quite possibly one of the most gorgeous slices of gaming beauty I have ever had the pleasure of exploring. The music perfectly suits the level as well, but I love the way the sun shines down though the trees, and the shimmery water, and...and...it's just beautiful.

*couldn't see the level mentioned anywhere else in that thread.

Up until the pretty crappy, indoor levels- Far Cry is a stunningly beautiful game to look at. I've just scanned through the shots in the install folder, as I couldn't help but take a few while I was playing it ;)

FarCry003.jpg

FarCry004.jpg

FarCry001.jpg

FarCry002.jpg

Up until the pretty crappy, indoor levels- Far Cry is a stunningly beautiful game to look at. I've just scanned through the shots in the install folder, as I couldn't help but take a few while I was playing it ;)

You beat me to it. Far Cry is stuunningly attractive.

Fishy