More Prince of Persia shots

misterSquare

I really don't like the whole "dark" and "gritty" premise of this game at all, the reason I persisted with the first game was to take in the gloriously sumptious scenery and the beautiful dream like atmosphere the game extholled. This game on the other hand seems to have been pitched at the lowest common denominator on the basis of the first game not selling as well as it deserved, if this is the case then they would have probably been better off not bothering with a sequal at all.

What annoys me even more is that Ubi-Soft seem keen to emphasise the combat more this time, ffs people I want LESS combat not MORE. :ph34r:

Obvious 'problems' so far:

- What appears to be a boss in the first picture.

- All shots show combat so far and...

- ..No apparent shots of any level archetecture.

- Extremely dark and evil-looking (bad-ass?).

- Holding a sword to a creature's neck from behind? Ick.

So, not too promising so far then, eh?

This game on the other hand seems to have been pitched at the lowest common denominator on the basis of the first game not selling as well as it deserved, if this is the case then they would have probably been better off not bothering with a sequal at all.

Why?

Any game that is even slightly as good as The Sands of Time is better than no game at all. Perhaps some 'kidz' will even buy it this time.

I quite like the new look. I still think there will be the usual platformy bits, but I think they're showing the action parts to get the people who didnt buy the game interested in it.

I dont want it to follow the first one exactly - so things like bosses are welcome because if I want to play a game that's as similar to the first -- I'll play the first game.

Possible spoilers ****** This game is supposed to be about the Prince having visions about his preordained death. Is it possible that instead of a panning camera showing an exit - the panning camera shows the enemies killing him each time?

Potential Spoilers end ******

- All shots show combat so far and...

I wouldn't worry too much about that - it's difficult to take a good screenshot of a puzzle and the PoP:SoT videos from last year's E3 also focused a bit too much on combat. Bosses and some of the rest of the things shown are a bit dodgy though.

PoP has always been about platforming, all the reviews of last year's title hailed it's platforming, so that won't change.

I won't mind combat if the enemies don't respawn, myself.

I just hope the same sense of vertigo is kept in the platforming.

Link?

EDIT: Found it. Lets hope it's worth it.

It's not.

Basically - The Prince is pissed :unsure: , the combat is a lot more complex and combo led, he can zap between the past and future or something and it's darker.

That's about all I could be bothered to take in from the 15minutes.

I'd rather have less combat and much more solitary platforming over vertigo inducing chasms... the final level of PoP was just PERFECT in that sense...

looking at these shots... I can't help but imagine a woefully inadequate nu-metal sound track. Hopefully, I'll be pleasently proven wrong.

It's not.

Basically - The Prince is pissed :unsure: , the combat is a lot more complex and combo led, he can zap between the past and future or something and it's darker.

That's about all I could be bothered to take in from the 15minutes.

No impressive footage in there?

It's heartwarming to see the first people are already slagging it off on basis of a few screenshots ...

I don't see how it's not valid, if people were to say 'oh the gameplay is crap' then obviously they're talking crap.

But people are complaining about the new style the screenshots seem to be suggesting, and are worried it's going to be a bastardisation of one of last years much loved games.