Ninja Gaiden - again

Okotta

I just need to know..

Is there a good way of defeating Alma without using any Ninpo Magic?

I've just reached her, but I've used all my Ninpo elsewhere and I have no more in stock either.

I read on Gamefaqs, that you have to avoid all her attacks and then you can basically run at her, jump and press Y to forward slash her - and just repeat that until she's finished.

Is this true?

I'm afraid to turn on my Xbox again, if I need to start at an earlier savegame, because I can't defeat Alma without any Ninpo Magic :D

You need to have upgraded your Dragon Sword to level 2 I believe.

Then you get the Jump Toward and Press Y, Flying Swallow move.

Wait until she remains still and then use it (usually when she's about to fling the purple blobs at you). This stuns her, and she falls to the ground.

Shoe the fuck out of her, rinse and repeat.

This game is a joke. I got it about an hour ago, and am stuck on the locked door section just after the first save point. Those white Ninja's are tough to beat, especially when you have multiples of them coming at you. Good grief.

That camera's a bit dodgy too.

I have my Dragon Sword upgraded to Level 2 and I'm already using the jump + Y forward slash alot in the game.

BTW - I have 4 small health potions; Hope that's enough for this battle.

Is there any way of finding any Ninpo in the church, before I go and face Alma?

I just need to know..

Is there a good way of defeating Alma without using any Ninpo Magic?

I've just reached her, but I've used all my Ninpo elsewhere and I have no more in stock either.

I read on Gamefaqs, that you have to avoid all her attacks and then you can basically run at her, jump and press Y to forward slash her - and just repeat that until she's finished.

Is this true?

I'm afraid to turn on my Xbox again, if I need to start at an earlier savegame, because I can't defeat Alma without any Ninpo Magic :D

it is tuff I had the same issue.. that an no health powerups!!! ok so that jumping slash they recommend on gamefaqs never hit for me she would side step it (fly) the majrity of times... I found that I could hit here with my combos from the ground... unleash a full combo and it will drop her and then repeat the combo whilst she fallen... Youll find that she has a pattern of attacks before just hovering about dodge the attack (run wall jump run) and when she's just hovering do the above. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Quexex

She only seems to appear when I aproach the alter, well i haven't tried going in the other direction. So perhaps you can get back out side to that blacksmith statue. No?

TTFN

There is no escape from her but you can do the 40 fiend fight in the library if your lucky you'll get some more nippon orbs if your unlucky they'll kick your ass! oh and look in the safe again!

Cheers

Quexex

There is no escape from her but you can do the 40 fiend fight in the library if your lucky you'll get some more nippon orbs if your unlucky they'll kick your ass!

I can't vouch for the one in the library but it's usually worth doing those fights because they tend to net you a Lives of the Thousand Gods (max health increase), which will help with the rest of the game.

As for Alma, I found that ninpo didn't help that much because more often than not she'd dodge it. What I ended up doing is using the Flying Swallow whenever she starts with the pink blobs, or blocking/dodging when she charges at you and cutting her up then. She's a bitch for sure.

Well I just beat her. I found it best to keep my distance, dodge the pink things then Flying Swallow her ass straight after. I notice that she seems to take damage per hit than the other boses. But then she seems to dish out a lot more than the others.

TTFN

I got to that boss with few health potions and no magic and couldn't do it.

So I went back to a save from about 2 hours previous, spent ages getting loads of money and buying as many potions as I possibly could.

I still can't do it.

Team Ninja can suck my brown cock.

I got to that boss with few health potions and no magic and couldn't do it.

So I went back to a save from about 2 hours previous, spent ages getting loads of money and buying as many potions as I possibly could.

I still can't do it.

Team Ninja can suck my brown cock.

You're just rubbish at it. It's easy.

Cheers

Quexex

lol

that's not even a particularly hard boss, all her moves are massivly signposted, the big gra she does has a massive purple cirlce of light before it giving you ample time toget away.

I swear to god of this was on the GC or DC noone would bat an eyelid.

alma is the hardest boss in the game. But once you know her moves she really isnt that tuff. in fact, go back to any part of the game after you've done it and I guarantee you'll rinse it. i know cos i've done it. the game is not that hard. We're all just used to strolling through games without thinking about the challenge. Yes, you are gonna die in this game, but really, it aint a patch on Fzero or viewtiful joe in the difficulty stakes.

Whoah THERE!

I know.

I recall spending MONTHS completing games like Zillion II and Black Belt and Secret Commando on the master system, and they only had 6 short levels.

You whingers would have problems getting money from a cashpoint even if you knew your PIN.

Horribleman CLOUT!

She is diamond hard when you first go up against her, but like all the bosse's (so far, since I'm only on Chapter 10) it's really a case of learning their patterns and getting in hits when you can.

Still, it's hard, but if I can struggle through it, almost anyone can.

as long as he uses them wisely it's totally doable. it'll take a few of tries, but the save point is pretty close, and there are a few items dotted about the top floor if he hasn't got them yet.

I can take off half of her health without losing too much of my own.

Dodging her attacks is relatively easy - it's the camera which sometimes causes trouble and I get stuck because of it and then she gets me :ph34r:

But I'm having a little trouble timing my jump + Y slash when she's in the air, and sometimes even when she's on the ground.

I know that you can forward slash her when she's in the air, but I think it's a little safer to do it when she's on the ground - am I right?

When excactly is the best time to jump and Y slash her?? It doesn't nearly always work when she's shot of her purple things, and I tend to wait and dodge until she's on the ground, before I dare move in - but it takes a bit of time to get her on the ground, so it's a little boring.

I just want to get past this boss now, and move on.

I think you should hang around just out of range of any melee attacks and jump+slash when she starts charging the purple things, not wait until she's fired them because then you're too busy dodging.

But I agree. The camera on that bit did me in something nasty.

I did it ! :D

I was patient and kept dodging her attacks and when she was on the ground, I swooped in and slashed her.

Fighting her wasn't THAT difficult as you just slash her two times and jump out of the way. Then you dodge a couple of attacks and jump and slash her again.

But it was TENSE! I didn't have a lot of energy left, but I could feel that THIS time I was going to beat her, and I did.

Is Alma in fact the hardest boss in the entire game, or have I seen nothing yet?

I'm at Chapter 8 now and this game is just great - together with Halo, this is reason enough for having an Xbox, IMO.