Ninja Gaiden - again

Okotta

I lied shes till owns me, after about 20 attempts last night no joy <_<

Thasts wih full health and Ninpo. Nearly got her etohugh one motre hit and she'd have fallen. HARD boss

Fire ninpo her just as she fires the purple balls at you and then run in and kick some ass.

Just remember to run/roll once you finish the combo...or you'll regret it.

Anyways hate to say this but there are harder moments in this game then Alma

Guest jabberwock1977
Ok, this a potentially game ruining section. Why the FUCK did they do this shite?

Chapter 14 - Cunting ghost fish

Ridiculous. I'm tempted to just walk away for good. Nice work Team Ninja. <_<

They're great.. they give you loads of cash and ninpo and blue stuff. Just firewheel them as they guy up there says.

Is it just me or was Doku laughably easy? Seriously. His attacks were easy to avoid and you can keep chipping away at him without any real problems. The item you get from him is pretty badass though.

TTFN

They're great.. they give you loads of cash and ninpo and blue stuff. Just firewheel them as they guy up there says.

Yeah, they're still a pain as a lot of them respawn but the firewheel helps. However, my Xbox freezing after half an hour of hard work doesn't fucking help. :unsure:

I should play something less intense for a few days I think and give this a breather.

I found it fairly easy until I got to these fucking Fire Demon things.

Bastards!

Not so much the demons as the lava for me...

"No you fucker, jump off it's head onto the platform, not the lava! Argh, don't get hit by it's tail while you're burning! No, not back into the lava!" etc.

To make up for it that mid-level boss was the easiest thing evar :unsure: (well, second to the laser-dragon thingy)

I've just figured out how to deal with the ghost fish and they're not too much of a bother once you get the hang of it.

Ninpo is good (I favour the sparks myself) because the fish tend to drop plenty to keep you stocked up. Otherwise, be sure to use the Vigoorian Flail. So long as you're stringing together a combo they can't get you, although at the end of a combo you'll be vulnerable so then immediately jump forward. They have a harder time catching you in the air and you can attack again straight away and as soon as you land. If they do latch on, keep tapping X and you can shake them off before they do much damage.

Also, they mostly occur in batches of 45/6 and it helps to have the karma gauge up (white button) so you can keep tabs on how many you've whacked.

Alma fell last night after 1 attempt. Was most pleased to say the least.

Now for the tank :o

I did find Alma hard but Death was pretty much always my fault. Loving the fact the game doesnt frustrate me at all only my bad ninja skills cause me death.

Right, those two worms in the Aquaduct keep fucking me up. They go back into their caves whenever I power up my Ninpo, so that's no use.

I used incediary shurikens on the lone worm, but now I'm up against two, it's not enough.

How the fuck do I beat them? Help!

Here's what IGN's guide says -

Boss: Twin Eels

That's right, you now have to contend with two eels instead of just one. The eels never make the same attack, but they will attack at the same time. By now you should be able to recognize the different attacks. Your Windmill Shuriken is a must here. Use the Shuriken all the time -- As you jump to evade electrical balls or as the eels retreat. One of the tougher attacks to avoid this time around is the charge, because there is no real center they attack. If you stand directly in line with either of their holes, they will charge. However, that is to your advantage. Stay on the move and if you see a charge, jump out of the way (do not jump attack). When you land, combo the head or use Ninpo.

This is not an easy battle as you must juggle both attacks. Never jump in the water and avoid the Faint attack more than any other as it's the most destructive and disruptive to your rhythm. If you know you are about to be hit and can't avoid it, try and use your Ninpo as it keeps you from taking damage.

It's certainly one of the tougher boss battle's, though rather easy compared to the shit on Chapter 15. :rolleyes:

For the twin eels I just used the Lv7 Wooden sword which you should have due to the abundunce of mana on that level. Then don't even worry about a plan just jump near their cave, whack X repeatedly which keeps you in the air and heal up if you get hit. Repeat that and you're laughing.

I've just figured out how to deal with the ghost fish and they're not too much of a bother once you get the hang of it.

Ninpo is good (I favour the sparks myself) because the fish tend to drop plenty to keep you stocked up...

You might as well just use the Fire Wheels as it renders their attacks completely useless and you can just run through.

I used incediary shurikens on the lone worm, but now I'm up against two, it's not enough.

How the fuck do I beat them? Help!

Unless you've already beaten them, I'd ignore IGN. The Windmill Shuriken will take you absolutely ages, and you want to end this fight as soon as possible, as the longer you go on, the more likely you are to slip up.

The technique I used is to simply attack with the bow whenever they come out, always standing to one side, then jumping and rolling if they use their projectile attack. Then, when they swing for you, jump and hit Y. If you're positioned correctly, you should bring your sword down on them and you can then get a combo in. The Dabilarho is probably the most effective weapon, especially if you can get the X X Y X X Y X (I think, been a while since I played it) combo in.

Repeat until glorious victory.

The game gets better and better now that I've the controls sussed out. The horse-riders and boss (chapter 2) were a piece of piss after I finally took some time practising my arrows using the targetrange, and now with the counter-attacks firmly in place I'm a pretty tough son of a bitch. Now I'm up against the big fat guy on top of the airship, hopefully I'll have him sliced to bits in no time :D

What target range? - You used the bow and arrow on the horses bit?

I could tell you were supposed to or it was possible to use the bow and arrow on that bit as there was a big stash of arrows in that dead ninja, but I could not figure out how to use it without the horses just charging straight at me.

Also, the camera REALLY sucks on that bit :(

P.S - The fat man is a twat.

just wait until he gets to through the next doors and then onto the horse guy.

itll break him :(

If your talking about the guy on the horse with the red mask, straight after the other horsey bit, am I the only person that was amazed at how easy it was :D

Compared to the rest of the game of course.

If your talking about the guy on the horse with the red mask, straight after the other horsey bit, am I the only person that was amazed at how easy it was :D

Compared to the rest of the game of course.

That was the only bit I replayed again and again and again and again. quite frustrating. Pretty much breezed the rest.....well....I'm only on chapter 5.

Scrub what I've said above. Those bastard explosive throwing ninja's are making my life hell. I've just had six of 'em on me, barely escaped with any health, went around the corner and there were more of 'em. Sometimes I can't even get a swing in.

ARRRRGGGGHH!!! This game swings from fantastic to frustrating with every corner.

Level 15 is a big fat pain in the arse. It's drained me of all my health and all my ninpo, so now I'm proper fucked for the final boss :)

So now I'm going back down to the opening of the garden (you know, where those lovely bastard ghost fish first appear) so I can stock up on health and ninpo and then go back for that mad boss battle at the end.

Honestly, you could justify anything from a 6 to a 10 for rating Ninja Gaiden.

I'm loving it really though :D

What target range? - You used the bow and arrow on the horses bit?

I could tell you were supposed to or it was possible to use the bow and arrow on that bit as there was a big stash of arrows in that dead ninja, but I could not figure out how to use it without the horses just charging straight at me.

Also, the camera REALLY sucks on that bit :huh:

P.S - The fat man is a twat.

There are a load of straw targets in the village which give you essence when shot. <_<

The horses are simple - stand in the middle of the area, hold B to aim and shoot one rider off, run away from any horses, kill the guy now on foot, run back into the middle of the clearing, repeat....

I found the fat guy not too bad, roll up to him hit Y twice (upslash, downslash) roll away - he rarely hits you (and if he does you go into a block) and he doesn't have much chance to fire his gun.

That said I am now on Level 4 with very little health or essence - so I think having gained some better fight skills I might start again from my save at the level one boss and see if I can't get back to here in a little bit better shape (and with the sword upgraded to level 2).

Level 15 is a big fat pain in the arse. It's drained me of all my health and all my ninpo, so now I'm proper fucked for the final boss <_<

So now I'm going back down to the opening of the garden (you know, where those lovely bastard ghost fish first appear) so I can stock up on health and ninpo and then go back for that mad boss battle at the end.

Honestly, you could justify anything from a 6 to a 10 for rating Ninja Gaiden.

I'm loving it really though :wub:

Oh dear lord, you wouldn't believe the amount of time I've spent in the last few days on Chapter 15.

Who's idea was it to have no blacksmith statue at that save point by the gates of hell ? :huh:

Great bosses though. :wub:

Scrub what I've said above. Those bastard explosive throwing ninja's are making my life hell. I've just had six of 'em on me, barely escaped with any health, went around the corner and there were more of 'em. Sometimes I can't even get a swing in.

ARRRRGGGGHH!!! This game swings from fantastic to frustrating with every corner.

All you have to do is block and counter.

I found the fat guy not too bad, roll up to him hit Y twice (upslash, downslash) roll away - he rarely hits you (and if he does you go into a block) and he doesn't have much chance to fire his gun.

Or just run around him in a circle, whenever he recharges just move in and slash twice with XX. Run away before he can grab you, then his gun will recharge and you can just go right back in again. No problem.

After everything I said about this I found myself with £25 of trade-ins in one hand and a 2nd-hand copy (priced at £25) in the other last week ;)

Started from scratch again and worked a bit harder and whilst I still think it needs some tweaking (esp. in the location of savepoints and the control switch to first person) and could offer an 'Easy' mode for mere-mortals - it really does rock doesn't it?

Fossil Boss - easy peasy - in fact getting upto him is harder than kicking him down!!

Alma - she battered me a couple of times but she really isn't hard to beat - the key (as with most bosses) is to learn to avoid taking damage first and then weave attacks inbetween. Getting greedy or careless will get you killed of course - but on my successful attempt I used no potions or Ninpo :lol:

After that I headed for the basement to do the 60 fiend challenge and I encountered that lovely 'bat-fuelled cashpoint' which exists halfway down to the Tomb. You can - with minimal skill - reap 99,999 credits in there in about half-an-hour - which helps to upgrade everything and refill everything - it sort-of-felt-like-cheating but hey, it was there and I'm not missing that sort of opportunity in a game this relentless :(

Tanks - piece of cake - there's a spot not-too-far from them where neither cannon or machinegun can reach you - just pound those arrows in there and toast em :)

Big Helicopters and Comms Towers - if you've not mastered the switch to first-person, here's where it becomes necessary - and it's just too lumpy and crude IMO - it's the only thing which makes this bit hard in fact...

Anyway Onwards and sideways - I am Tecmos bitch etc. etc.

JP

Who's idea was it to have no blacksmith statue at that save point by the gates of hell:o

Yey! Completed this yesterday (finally). The last boss battle was quite easy though to be honest. Oh and I completely agree Lazychu, I had to hike back to the shop itself, through countless of those bloody ghost fish !

glad you came around. I agree with the flaw of aiming arrows but the game aint broken.

I'm up to the invisible fish now, and am greatful to them cos I never took advantage of the bats so needed some moolah. They give you SO much cash it aint funny.