This is how a demo should be...

Unofficial Who

After the crap demo of Arc a few months ago (which timed out after five minutes giving you enough time to talk to a couple of people) the new AOPS2M has a slightly longer demo.

How long?

I was able to play for about an hour before it cut out, and I'm seriously thinking of buying the game now.

So, for the billionth time, why does Sony usually insist on such limited demos?

The best RPG demo I ever played was the Skies Of Arcadia demo on ODCM. Gave you from the start of the game up until you'd finished the first dungeon on Shrine Island and got back home. I took my time over it and it ended up lasting about 4 hours.

Worst offender is Amplitude here. They give you one or two songs, and it quits after about 5 minutes. Which is completely lousy if you've never played Frequency before, because you need the time to understand how the game works. When I've got a demo and something like that happens, I'll shrug and watch the next one on the disc, with a mental note of 'game x sucks' stuck forever in my mind. Even though it might be brilliant.

Arc was boring and terrible, really.

It's been out for ages, can be found for around £20, and is just bad.

Not one I'd recommend.

Horses. I thought it was excellent - some lovely music, a solid plot and a great combat system. Shame about the voice acting, and the graphics, but if you can't look past that then, well, it's your own fault you're missing out.

the OPM2 demo of Zone of the Enders 2: Second Runner was also very good. Very large levels with loads of cutscenes which really give you a feel for the final product.

Yeah, that was good, wasn't it...

Reminds me to get the game sometime, somewhere, somehow.

Horses. I thought it was excellent - some lovely music, a solid plot and a great combat system. Shame about the voice acting, and the graphics, but if you can't look past that then, well, it's your own fault you're missing out.

Boring plot, boring visuals (they don't have to be great to look good), and just plain dreary overall.

Meh.

Good demos? I liked the MSR one, played that for hours. :rolleyes:

Oh, and Tony Hawks on the DC demo discs, played that for aggeess.

Boring plot, boring visuals (they don't have to be great to look good), and just plain dreary overall.

Meh.

Good demos? I liked the MSR one, played that for hours. :rolleyes:

Oh, and Tony Hawks on the DC demo discs, played that for aggeess.

Come on, then, how much of it did you play? I bet it was an hour or two - in which case you're not really fit to comment on the plot, really.

R:Racing demo timed out before I got to even drive! :D

Richard Burns Rally was a bit stingy too, with long loading times.

I'd heard that Arc was a decent game, but nothing exceptional. Think I'll stick with the copy of Harvest Moon I got recently. Only had a quick potter around in that so far.