Counterstrike (PC)

FishyFish

Learn the maps, learn the weapons, stick close to your team-mates, don't accuse people better than you of cheating :lol:

After playing practically every day for three years I still get owned regularly so just enjoy yourself. Oh and try to find a regular server to play on, I'm usually on the PUB 32 player servers:

195.20.108.85:27015

195.20.109.118:27015

Good bunch of lads (for the most part), well adminned, keep an eye out for me - I usually play under the name "Linkin".

:)

although its possible to kill with all the weapons, there are a certain set which all pros use. practice with these the most:

M4 (CT)

AK (T)

MP5

AWP/M or Scout

USP

Desert Eagle

HE grenade

Flashbang

Don't bother with custom maps unless you wanna play in tournaments or whatever. Just play the main ones over and over and over (e.g. Dust, Dust2, Aztec, Nuke, Inferno, Cbble).

You need to work out and know where the enemy come from and where they are going to be at certain times in the round, e.g. how long it will take CTs or Ts to reach the hallway on Dust. Use this knowledge to ambush/pin down enemies and stop rushes to your rear.

Accept that usually noone cares about tactics on public servers and go with the flow if people don't follow your plan (although its great when your team does follow a plan).

Don't flash your teammates when they are rushing into doorways.

If you are the last one left on your team try not to hide because everyone will hate you. At least look for the enemy.

And finally, use your radar, determine where the enemies are by watching where your team is dying, then plug the gaps in the line, DO NOT just sit where you are and let them get around the back.

;) good luck, its a superb game and I can't wait for the updated visuals in CS Source!!

And NEVER throw those fucking flashbangs into an open area. I swear to god the next person to do that....ahem.

And you really have to try and get headshots to become effective. Another tip: if you hear a loud bang, and the person in front of you drops dead, turn back and go the other way :D

EDIT: I had one go with the Steam version, and it's a fair bit better looking. Is it possible to install it into a different directory to 1.5? I can't remember...

Played the Steam version last nighbt, and I have to say that it's much better than 1.5 :rolleyes:

I played it until 1am, and upon realising what time it was crawled into bed. I then got up at 7, found another server and carried on playing. This game is aces.

Any tactics for getting around the riot shields? The only thing I can thing of is a nade.

Played the Steam version last nighbt, and I have to say that it's much better than 1.5 :)

I played it until 1am, and upon realising what time it was crawled into bed. I then got up at 7, found another server and carried on playing. This game is aces.

Any tactics for getting around the riot shields? The only thing I can thing of is a nade.

Spray the head.

When they think your outta ammo, whip out your pistol and blow their melon off.

I played for over 3 years (about 3000 hours) and I got pretty dam good at it, good enough to play with a decent clan anyway.

Most tips have been covered, so if I reiterate just ignore me but these are my most imoportant tips.

Use headphones - Sound is very very important to the game and will give you a major advantage if you listen carefully to peoples movements when they are unspotted.

Be silent - Equally you need to be quiet whenever possible, so walk whenever you can to avoid giving them the advantage on your position.

Firing whilst moving - Don't, firing whilst moving is useless. Stop or crouch if you have time. That said sometimes it is wiser to run for cover whilst spraying some covering fire.

Burst Fire - Dependant on the weapon of course, but in general with an automatic fires burst rounds of 3.

Backup - Always have your pistol ready to switch back to for when you run out of ammo and come into trouble (I had it set to Q).

Layout - Learn the layout, so that you not only know all the available routes + bomb sites but also the areas which the enemy will be camping/sttacking from.

Other than that just practice A LOT!!

played for the past 3 years or so...gave it up for Ghost Recon and Raven Shield... but im up for the odd game and for the most part im on Muppets server: 213.230.204.52:27015

steam: iain@idiwa.net

ingame tag: [22nd]idiwa

with shields, best thing is to run up to then, I mean RIGHT up to them, and keep slashing with your knife. unless they fixed the glitch you should be able to slash straight through the shield, unlike with guns.

or just strafe around them and eventually you'll catch their side.

or try to get them to back up into one of your mates and let them finish them off from the rear.