Muse

elmo

I suggest you ignore what people say, listen to it, then have an opinion. It's a good rule for things in general really.

Well, yeah. But people are making comments on it and it hasn't actually come out yet!

It's weird, I'm not particularly an old Muse luddite, I really liked The Resistance, but the last 2 now have been really shoddy to these ears. Absolution/Black Holes/Resistance were the right amount of good song-writing and daftness, but I'm not sure what happened since.

This album's not garbage, but I find it increasingly hard to listen to 50 minutes of a whiny-voiced multimillionaire major-label rockstar telling me how he wants us to fight the power while he riffs on a £4000 custom-built guitar, likely while hovering over his country estate wearing a jetpack.

I'm actually really liking Reapers. It's really silly, almost like a 80s hair metal song at times, reminds me of Aerosmith a bit. First song in years I've actually liked his vocal and his guitar playing and arrangement is at the most experimental it's been in a while.

• 6 years later...
  • 6 months later...