IGNORED

Muse

elmo

There was also this young man about 20 who didnt move for the entire concert, I dont think he even ever got up to get a drink or use the toilet, I mean he didnt even tap his feet when Muse were on. He slighty scared me a bit if I am honest.

Sorry about that...

Thats ok, though you did freak me out a bit, I mean come on even a deaf person would move a bit to Stockholm Syndrome or Bliss. :D

Well, I did go to the Keanu Reeves school of acting. Anyway, some photos for those who missed it:

dscf0312ml3.th.jpgdscf0317bc6.th.jpgdscf0324ns9.th.jpgdscf0325gx9.th.jpgdscf0331cs6.th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

From Muselive..

Muse Fans Unite to get Top 40 Chart place.

Members of Muselive.com and other fansites are trying to get Citizen Erased, possibly one of Muse's greatest tracks, into the charts.

This is possible by paying for digital singles on sites such as HMVDigital, iTunes and 7Digital. We recommend iTunes.

Remember, don't buy the track until Monday - as this is when single sales start being counted for that week.

For more details, http://muselive.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=25737

If you have any ideas or feel like helping out, send me a PM ()

Bear in mind though, for a single to enter the top 40, 4,000-5,000 singles must be purchased.

Update

Thanks to Christiaan for pointing this out to me - if you have a bottle of coke sitting at home, you can use the voucher code on that to purchase the track :-)

Update 2

http://www.myspace.com/ce4no12007

Seems worth a go, although it'll be a struggle to get it into the top 40 at all.

I saw them at Oxegen 3 years ago and they were surprisingly average. Best time I saw them was probably in Cardiff on the first Absolution trek.

The live version on Hullabaloo is proabably thie best song alongside Stockholm Syndrome, but sadly the combined might of Muse fans doesn't seem to be enough to get it into the top 100 tracks on iTunes :lol: .

Wasn't really a good idea to do it the week after Live Earth.

• 8 months later...

Well...on monday the live CD/DVD finally comes out. The CD is out there and in all honesty...isn't great. Hopefully it's a bad rip (although it is a 320kbps) but it sounds really badly recorded/mixed, with crowd noises being suddenly cut out and disappearing entirely until they're "allowed" back in - it's very odd between Supermassive Blackhole and Map of the Problematique. And the fact the CD is barely the majority of the setlist isn't great either. The actual music is mostly fine, thankfully.

Obviously it was never going to compare to the real thing...but it's still a bit of a shame.

Album details (may as well...)

Matt Bellamy said: "I don’t think we’re going to approach the next album like we’re making an album."

He added: "I like the idea of releasing a series of songs, every month or every couple of months – just putting songs out there. Almost like making the single a more prominent format, and then every few years doing a best of from that period and that would be the album. So in other words, throw out songs every couple of months and see how people like them."

Same idea as Ash, in a way. Bemoaning how the //go into studio to create album > tour; 2 year gap > do another album// isn't good for spontaneous creativity.

But all the same, there's a whole lot of excitement to be had in getting a new album of 10+ brand new tracks; listening to each one like you're unwrapping a present, rather than just having them trickle out over time. I'm not even a big music fan (!!).

"I think on the next album I’d like to do at least one 15-minute space-rock solo. Apart from that, ‘Supermassive Black Hole’ (2006 UK Top Five single) opened up a new area for us of dancing, grooving, rhythm section-dominated songs. I’d love to do more stuff like that really."

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/35162

I always liked Muse's In Your World.

as I've often said.

Muse kicks ass

Ditto, Absolution is a near perfect album with Origin of Symmetry right behind. Sometimes the pace of the albums can be off but that doesn't stop the tuneage from being fucking sweet. There isn't a single Muse song I dislike, none of them at all including all the B-Sides I have (about 30). Not one I deem bad, for me they're as perfect as a band is ever going to get.

I fully expect and encourage some middle aged prat to rip me to shreds for that but I really couldn't care less, if Muse were around 30 years ago those same people would be in love with them.

Can't believe they missed Citizen Erased off the DVD :P I didn't go the gig ;) (again) but I've heard it was immense live.

It doesn't matter much though, the version on Hullabulloo won't be topped anyways. In fact, I may watch Hullabulloo again today, it is amazing, especially as I prefer the OOS stuff. The Absolution tour dvd is a bit poor though.

Is there a proper DVD release, or is it just the CD/DVD combo that doesn't contain the whole show in either format? ;)

The DVD shows the whole of the 17th I think.

The CD is only 13 songs from the 16th, missing out Citizen Erased and Plug in Baby. Although as others have said the lack of Citizen Erased isnt as bad as the Hulaballoo version is one of the best live performances of a song you're likely to hear.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, Origin of Symmetry is still really good. Citizen Erased and Megalomania have not been surpassed since. Although Stockholm Syndrome is also great. Announcement finished, normal service may be resumed.

OoS is indeed epic though Absolution is an awesome album too. I was kinda dissapointed by their live CD though, didnt really capture how amazing it was being there. Good live CD for reference: Daft Punk Alive 2007, that nailed live CDs perfectly.

• 1 year later...

All I know is one of the tracks is called United States of Eurasia, which, even by their standards, is particularly awful.

I saw a couple of album "making of" videos on YouTube quite a while ago now.

They were so random and pointless it did actually fill me with quite a lot of confidence that they'd already come up with something special and just wanted to be overly extreme with adding in some extra effects.

Such as:

or

Well I appreciated it anyway :angry:

So did anyone manage to get any tickets? I had my sister trying for me as See Tickets et al are blocked at work. She had no luck though. Seems they sold out in 15 minutes.

No doubt there'll be plenty on eBay later. :(

Yeah, I wanted tickets for Sheffield and the O2 on Friday, but both O2 dates sold out while I was filling out the form for the Sheffield tickets.

This was after about 10 minutes of F5'ing because the site went offline at about 8:59... It was about 9:13 when I noticed the O2 had sold out, so I managed to get some tickets to Brum instead.