Worst bosses of all time

angel

Megatron (Transformers): more like hide at the side of the arena and barely even see him. Waste of a good character and model.

Unicron (Transformers): embarrassing, laughable, collision detection written by a child, strangest 'get into the weak spot' method ever as it causes you to bounce around like a space idiot more times than not. Just dreadful. I'v suddenly realised Transformers only has 3 good levels (1st, 3rd, 6th).

Metroid Prime: looked more like a dancing hat. Ridley was much better.

Rez end boss: I refuse to believe you cant be hit during this thing. A million missiles..thanks very much just what i needed.

R-type 1 and 2 end bosses: stupendously hard, irritating to re-reach. Mean spirited coin eaters.

Onimusha: erm wheres Nobunaga. Oh its just some unrelated dragon thing held over from when it was a ps1 game. Cheers Capcom.

Metroid Zero Mission: oh a slightly big ish room, oh whats this hulking lump of rubbish. I didnt even realise who it was until i read the forums and realised who's ship it was. The green pirates are twice as hard to kill as that rusty runt. Cobblers.

Maybe mine are a bit crap but i love these threads and wana read some other peoples ones.

Drakengard - the first 'final' boss who is just so cheap and virtually impossible that I was disgusted. Only managed to beat him/her by hiding up its skirt and blasting repeatedly. Very disappointing.

POP:Sand of Time - so after all that wonderfulness you go an spoil it with a pointless and ridiculously easy boss...ah well

Many more no doubt but these got my goat recently

Ive done it without being hit.

and im sure many other people have to.

So have I... just use an overdrive when the missles are fired :lol:

Hmm, I found the last boss of FFIX annoying. He randomly comes up from nowhere and says "Rarrrrrrrrr I AER TEH LAST BOS!!!111 I VILL KILL YOUSD!" Well, not quite, but he really had nothing to do wih the plot whatsoever.

the firey samurai bloke. he has a counter for just about everything you do, but he's got patterns that you can easily exploit once you know how. But finding out was so frustrating.. Oh, and he had his own special nasty fixed camera angle (behind a fence and zoomed in and out the closer you got to him).

the firey samurai bloke. he has a counter for just about everything you do, but he's got patterns that you can easily exploit once you know how. But finding out was so frustrating.. Oh, and he had his own special nasty fixed camera angle (behind a fence and zoomed in and out the closer you got to him).

Wasn't it all blurry too?

Tip for the end boss of Rez: Keep the flying satellites under control by shooting them whenever you get the chance - say, after you've shot the core and you get a few free seconds before a cutscene. Keeping them at a low evolution prevents them from shooting at you. Save at least two Overdrives for the very last bit where the core fires loads of missiles at you and you should breeze it.

My personal worst. boss. ever. would have to be Mother Brain in Metroid Zero Mission. Not only are you forced to stand on one of two tiny platforms over a vat of acid you also have to dodge the endless hail of cheerios and sprinkles being shot at you from all angles and still manage to get a super missile into the brains eye for the split second that it is vulnerable while dodging her eye attack and all the shit being thrown at you. :lol:

Somebody must have been having a really bad day when they dreamt up that one.

The worst boss has to be at the very end of Return To Castle Wolfenstein. So many of us beat him on the first attempt it was pathetic. Still, a fitting end to a shite single player game.

When you're playing Halo 2, don't forget its roots :lol:

We need a "greatest bosses evaaar" thread (though i'm sure one's already been done, and I've just missed/forgotten it), but as for worst bosses...

Well, Genra was annoying (DOA3 boss) he wasn't that hard [just cheap], and Gill of SFIII was alright once you learn his patterns (and to hit him immediately if he resurrects in the second round), but there have been some real shockers that spring to mind.

The last boss on MVC2 for example (until you realise that Iceman can take him down in approximately one second), or the complete fucker who ends Last Blade 2 (who uses the evil SNK ploy of making a boss harder by making his ducking animation appear the same as his standing one, so you have no idea whether to block high or low ;))

Tech Romancer's boss was a bit of a bastard too, though that was more due to the relative easiness of the rest of the game rather than him being unusually difficult.