24 Season 3 Final (USA)

northy

Forget my above post, you are just a twat Poet.

Band request: Wanting unnecessary use of emoticons for the blatently obvious.

And wait a second - you typed something really fucking stupid anyway (assuming it was the first thing) or obvious (assuming it was the second thing above).

YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKER.

Poet in missing smiley shocker!

I know! Can you believe my pain here? He called me a twat! ON THE INTERNET!

Oh the shame.

Do you reckon he took the thing I just wrote seriously as well? MY GOD HE MIGHT JUST HUNT ME DOWN AND SHOOT ME IN THE FACE!

Poet, I hope you've learned an important lesson here today. Northy is clearly not to be messed with. No smiley because that is a serious point.

Actually, to be fair, films are much harder to download than TV shows. Or rather, they're more difficult to record and digitalise.

By the way, if they did this TV/film combo thing, the film would have to be the start of the series, not the finale. Otherwise they'd be limiting their box office to the people who have seen the whole series, or they'd have to repeat themselves a la that X-Files movie.

errr 24 would NOT make a very good film.

On the small screen and over a whole series it is TV at it's finest.

Reduced to 2 hours in the cinema it would simply be a crap action film.

And as said if it was actually part of a series it would be even worse!

You know, I now have visions of "just a twat" running around, causing general mischief.

But yeah, I shouldn't have messed with Northy. I'm so sorry. What was I thinking? I hope he forgives me for my flippant comment. I couldn't bear the thought of him harbouring resentment towards me. It'd ruin my entire weekend.

Oh god what have I done, Dom? WHAT HAVE I DONE?

And yeah, what Tom* said.

It's alright Poet, it's not as if you're really lonely, desperate for love and friendship or anything.

Edit: What Tom* said. Except that it wouldn't be a crap action film like, say, Bad Boys II, it would be a relatively classy one like, say, Ronin. Still not as special as the TV series though.

And now people are laughing at me!

I feel like such a loser. My god! This must be what DiscoStu feels like all the time!

Honestly though, surely northy realises my comment was made in a light hearted manner? We're on an internet forum goddamit! This is escapism here.

I don't believe I've just felt the need to half explain myself. I feel dirty.

And now people are laughing at me!

I feel like such a loser. My god! This must be what DiscoStu feels like all the time!

Honestly though, surely northy realises my comment was made in a light hearted manner? We're on an internet forum goddamit! This is escapism here.

I don't believe I've just felt the need to half explain myself. I feel dirty.

We'll agree to disagree like Bauer and Chappelle, however, I may be forced to kill you by a crazed terrorist a few years down the line.

p.s. bring back George Mason (do a prequel if needs be).

But I don't want to be bald. Not yet. I'm too young.

On the other hand, I don't really want to be a heroin junkie.

More seriously, I'd be really surprised if they did a prequel of some kind. I just don't see that happening to be honest. And I think, unless something TOTALLY bizarre happens, it'd have to be a prequel for Mason to make a comeback. And he married the woman that played Nina. She's filthy. I would.

As much as i enjoyed this season i found the final episode to be unbelievably disappointing. After Saunders being a decent bad guy from his introduction i was gutted when he was killed by a psychotic grieving woman, i mean how did she manage to get that gun past security?

I just hope Season 4 can improve upon Season 3 and resolve some of its major failings such as the story only really starting half way through.

As much as i enjoyed this season i found the final episode to be unbelievably disappointing. After Saunders being a decent bad guy from his introduction i was gutted when he was killed by a psychotic grieving woman, i mean how did she manage to get that gun past security?

It was in Gael's drawer.

And I thought it was a brilliant and unexpected twist. Who could possibly imagine that SHE'D shoot him? That's why it's great.

Having worked around some places that have high security in the US I can tell you that the fact that they let is wife into his office to get his stuff was bullshit. They would never have let a civilian into CTU like that unless absolutely neccessary. Oh that and they wouldn't be using cell phones inside CTU either. :(

As much as I love it I do feel they've been stretching the boundaries of time believability a bit too far this year. Tony gets shot in the neck and 4 hours later he's back as head of CTU, even after being under anaesthetic? And where has Jack's drug habit gone? What about the president's Hand painkillers? And his new girlfriend for that matter?