IGNORED

Steam - List Here

Sng

Seriously, I think we should organise a game that's inclusive of all known Rllmuk CS players. We got a few of us in the same place, but I think it would work better if it were a server exclusively for the use of forumites. Communication would be better and at least nobody can say someone else is cheating.

If anyone has a server they'd be willing to donate (and password protect), then post in here.

or we could just get someone with a decent connection to host. we could then just organise when to play.

I play CS every now and then... B)

My Steam username is paullynock@ntlworld.com (and my player name is Fuck-a-doodle-doo), feel free to add me to your friends list! I'd be interested in joining a forum-hosted game. I usually lurk in the Assault_UPC servers, but I suppose I'd be able to pry myself away from them for a game or three :D

I play CS every now and then... B)

My Steam username is paullynock@ntlworld.com (and my player name is Fuck-a-doodle-doo), feel free to add me to your friends list! I'd be interested in joining a forum-hosted game. I usually lurk in the Assault_UPC servers, but I suppose I'd be able to pry myself away from them for a game or three :ph34r:

added. ill play you all next month. been playing games to much this month and getting fuck all work done :P

My addy is futurebob2000@hotmail.com - although I haven't been playing recently due to a sudden urge to play Operation Flashpoint. Will be knocking around on CS sometime soon though.

I bought Operation Flashpoint last year (the GOTY edition with all the add-on packs), but it runs like shite on my PC- what's gives? :P

I have an Athlon 3200+, 9800Pro, 512MB RAM etc etc- so an old game like that should run as smooth as a smooth girl's smooth bits. I was dying to play it because the Xbox version I was waiting for (when the only half-decent Live games were MotoGP and Ghost Recon) has been delayed for god knows how long now.

patriot- I'll add you in a minute! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Grrr... This new steam update keeps making CS games freeze totally and sometimes quit Halflife altogether and seems to be playing havoc with people's ping rates.

Preacher, for some reason you have dissapeared off my friends list.

Any more news on an rllmuk meet?

Anybody tried HL Rally? Seems pretty good too me but all the servers are empty most of the time.

Grrr... This new steam update keeps making CS games freeze totally and sometimes quit Halflife altogether and seems to be playing havoc with people's ping rates.

Preacher, for some reason you have dissapeared off my friends list.

Any more news on an rllmuk meet?

Anybody tried HL Rally? Seems pretty good too me but all the servers are empty most of the time.

The problem is that if organising a meet is left in my hands, it's not left in the most capable of hands ;)

Steam is totally, totally screwed up now. It looks like they've got another update ready for download, but only now, after a whole day of trying, have I been able to download the update.

Squirrel, I'll get you added asap when things have finally sorted themselves out.

Pinging in the 80's is only just bearable. A good ping is more like 30-40 which I get on a standard 512/256 line. 20-30 is l33t ;)

i was saying that some guy was using his 600k connection to host a game. there were 24 players in the server yet i still got a ping of 80. i think thats good. when i play on normal CS servers i usually ping 30-50.

I never actually seem to have any problems with steam myself (apart from the crap PC aspect ;) ).

Team Fortress Classic and steam update fine and everything works smoothly. It was horribly buggy about a year ago I think, but they seem to have ironed it out pretty well.

Ok, because nobody seems to want the responsibility of organising a match, I'll do as much as I can.

First off, a meet up time: Friday's at 20:00

now all we need is a dedicated server, or someone willing to host a game - come on, people!

OK, since Preacher's been bugging me about getting CS for some time, I finally took the plunge and forked out £8 for it yesterday (I'll never see that £8 again).

I'm paul.hanson@btclick.com, if anyone's interested. Although I am, as you've probably guessed, an OMG N00b f4gg07 ROFL!!11ONE!!11ONE!!111!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so, anything more happened about this? I want to see us start a rllmuk/Edge clan, or at least rent a server that we all use a lot. I play under the name as Vlad Tepes by the way, and I hang about the Jolt servers, usually the assault one. The Jolt servers are really friendly (I had to say goodbye to them for about a year when they moved to 1.6 until I just got BB), but I want to play with people who see the fun side to it, instead of calling me a fucking cunt for using whatever gun they don't like, or not being as brilliant as them...

My PC is knackered for the time being, so it'll be quite some time before I'm back. I'm using the shitty laptop downstairs at the moment, so whilst I could theoretically run CS no problem, the issue of Steam is the pricker here: I'm assuming I'd have to buy another copy of half life to go online, yes?