Family guy

DJ Sack

Am I the only person on the planet who thinks it's ok, but not *that* amazing? there's the odd good line, and it's amusing enough, but it's i) much more patchy than other good animated series, and ii) much more americo-centric.

The mother, father, daughter and son characters are also nothing special (and somewhat derivative) at all; it's only really Stewie and the dog who make it for me.

As with Homer in The Simpsons, I think Peter Griffin has all of the best lines. Stewie and Brian are quite funny too but not as much as Peter.

I like the Hitler chatshow as well though.

from the makers of blackdraft, caddyblack, and black kramer vs. kramer comes a film so funky, you goin to say "DAMN.....thats funky" ........Rufus Griffin stars in BLACK.....To the Future. Its marty McSuperfly....dig?

'Damn BROTHER, he's just n' gona kissed his momma!'

:)

"Oh!! Yo' outta time, baby!"

"SHAKE ME WOMAN!!!! SHAKE ME LIKE A BRITISH NANNY!!!!"

"It's not so bad. With a bit of work we can turn it into a piece of crap."

And of course Meg is played by possibly the most awesomely beautiful woman on the planet, Mila Kunis:

mila_kunis_07.jpg

A google image search does bring up pictures of her half-naked, draped over a similarly clad Elisha Cuthbert.

Aces.

As much as I love Family Guy, this must be at least the eighth time there's been a topic started on it in this folder.

By DJ Sack nonetheless.

Only because it should have its own dedicated folder for being truely great! <_<

when peter is talking to the vacuum repair man...

repair man " i found half a meatball in there"

peter " did you keep it?"

repair man " well, no"

Peter " You Bastard"

"Diamonds: she'll pretty much have to"

(They're building some hardware)

Brian: "Insert rod A into slot B-"

Peter: "Hey, that's what-"

Brian: "If you say 'That's what she said' one more time I'm gonna pop you."

Peter: "What the hell is Lois doing out with another guy?"

Quagmayer: "Is it possible she's a whore? You know, only on weekends, to pay for her mom's dialysis? Such as in my fantasy?"

Quagmayer's thoughts: "Man, this itches. I wonder who gave it to me...probably that skank who needed a ride to the gas station. That's the last time I do something nice for someone...oh, God, they can hear me. I can hear me! Ba na na na na na na!"

Man in chicken suit: "The world is going to end at midnight TONIGHT! Y2K!"

Peter: "Y2k? What're you selling, coupons or sex jelly?"

• 2 years later...

I was watching the supposed banned Weinstein episode last night on TV in the states and noticed one weird change. Instead of 'Even though they killed my lord' he sings 'I don't think they killed my lord'. Mel Gibson must be furious.

I must have watched about 30 episodes of this now, as the missus loves it.

I still haven't laughed, or even smiled once. I think I actually hate the show, as opposed to just not liking it. It's fucking awful, and it's weird because on paper I should love it, but there's just something about the whole tone of the show that rankles. I mean, Homer is an idiot, but I sort of get behind him. With this, I just loathe all of the characters, Peter especially, so I can't even raise a smile. And aesthetically, I mean the way it's drawn, it's bereft of all merit too, so I can't even get any pleasure from that. As soon as I hear the theme tune I want to leave the room.

I dunno, I just do not get it.

DSD is wrong

"In your fucking face, Fuckwad"

Aint ever getting old :unsure:

Probably.

I keep waiting for it to click, and it never does. Maybe I'll get it 10 years from now or something. I used to hate Friends, and now I can quite happily watch a few episodes back to back and raise the odd chuckle. Family Guy just pisses me off, which is never conducive to having your funny bone tickled.

I keep waiting for it to click, and it never does. Maybe I'll get it 10 years from now or something. I used to hate Friends, and now I can quite happily watch a few episodes back to back and raise the odd chuckle. Family Guy just pisses me off, which is never conducive to having your funny bone tickled.

It's too late for you Davros. Likes friends, hates Family Guy, I doubt you'll laugh at anything genuinely funny again. Have you just watched the new stuff which is way below the best, I suggest Season 2, if that doesn't get you move on with a clean conscience.

I wouldn't say I like Friends, more that I used to say "get these smug, pampered American cunts off my telly" and refuse to watch it, whereas now I can stomach it, and even get mild amusement from it.

The problem for me is threefold:

1) I hate Peter Griffin. Not as in "What an idiot, how hilarious!" but as in "Die! I wish you had never been created". The other characters are just as hateful.

2) It looks rubbish

3) The jokes are either pop culture references that go over my head, or obvious ones I get but which are too obvious, or that I would like, were it not for 1 and 2.

And don't get me started on the whole talking dog/baby thing, and yes I know they've lampooned people who don't "get" that, I just don't find it remotely funny.