To the 5 Boroughs leak

Rin

album of the year, so far. "that's it that's all" is so perfectly minimal and funky, it's absolutely stunning.

this is the Beastie Boys album i've been waiting for but thought would never come.

edit. i'm 13 tracks in and there doesn't appear to be a weak track on it. a truly masterful display.

album of the year, so far. "that's it that's all" is so perfectly minimal and funky, it's absolutely stunning.

this is the Beastie Boys album i've been waiting for but thought would never come.

I agree with both of those points totally. You and me Andy, you and me.

However I must say I've started using the skip button - only to go backwards for repeat listenings...

An Open Letter To NYC is fighting hard to get my favourite track spot. It's just so god damn clever. The thing is, I've been listening to this album for 2 days straight and I've hardly paid attention to the lyrics. I've been pretty much just concentrating on the music. I've fallen in love with the production.

I agree with both of those points totally. You and me Andy, you and me.

However I must say I've started using the skip button - only to go backwards for repeat listenings...

:D you had me worried there. it's not often you can say that about an album is it, and a 16 track album at that.

i love the melding of old school sensibilities to modern production. like Clive said, it's an alternative vision of hip hop's future and as such sounds fresh & innovative.

the rhymes are totally ace, and cheeky, and clever,so for once the Sucker MC baiting is valid. these guys have such an air of authority surrounding them, only a fool would rise to the bait.

this album is so choc full of block rocking anthems it is destined to become the soundtrack of the summer for many, many lucky people.

I thought it sounded a lot more like their old stuff rather than Hello Nasty so I was a bit disappointed. You can really hear the bits where they rely on the sampler and DR Rex from Reason a lot which makes it sound less technically proficient than the old stuff too. I am starting to like it however.

Is anyone else hearing this and getting some pretty vivid images of what the video should look like if it was a single?

I'm listening to "Oh Word" and I'm seeing it as a tron-esque computer game in which you choose from battling MCs, Tekken style, each verse being a seperate round.

The electronic robot voice that comes up "AAAAD ROOOCK!" is the anouncer when you've picked your MC, then it assembles the avatar with lazers out of his individual polygons.

I am almost in tears now. Just finished a big exam rush [two left, but they're spaced] so can finally eaaaaaaase this album on.

Fanfuckingtastic.

The production is shiny and smooth, iPod-esque. The beats and rhymes are whimsically wicked, old schooly.

PLUS, knowing when it's going to drop, what's going to drop, and even attempting to keep up makes it much more fun.

Shazam! is the worst, I feel. There's nothing to look forward to within the tune, apart from it's ending ;)

I have the Sounds of Science antholgy, and i was going to buy this but maybe i'd be better getting older stuff? Shake your rump, Live Wire, Whatcha want and intergalacyic are my favourites. So which album would be best to get?

edit: maybe i'll d/l som e and find out if i like to the 5...

I have the Sounds of Science antholgy, and i was going to buy this but maybe i'd be better getting older stuff? Shake your rump, Live Wire, Whatcha want and intergalacyic are my favourites. So which album would be best to get?

edit: maybe i'll d/l som e and find out if i like to the 5...

Shake your Rump - Paul's Boutique

Whatcha Want - Check your Head

Intergalactic - Hello Nasty

You see the problem? Each album has a completely different flavour. I know it sounds like a cliche but you really need to get them all.

5 Boroughs can only soar higher in my opinion. I definitely like it better than Ill Communication and Check Your Head. It's more my sort of thing than those two. It's just a matter of seeing whether or not I can grow to love it even more than Boutique and Licence to Ill. Or something, yeah?