To the 5 Boroughs leak

Rin

New CD's are always released on Monday. That was the one good thing about Our Price (at least in Worcester), they always opened early which meant I could buy new CD's (limited or not) before going to College <_<

Ah, I've never brought a CD on release in my life.

I think I got this mixed up with the itunes music store Euro release (which is tomorrow)

Now, I'm off to the shops to buy it.

Yep, somebody cocked up and is probably on written warning now for selling it early.

Still, I got my copy, so I'm happy! <_<

Got the Thin Lizzy Greatest Hits compilation aswell, so a good days shopping, by all accounts! ;)

I like Open Letter to New York, but I don't like all the other songs that sound like they were done in Fruityloops (all of them), But thanks to this thread I listened to Paul's Boutique and that's great. What is also great is The In Sound From Way Out by the Beasties

There *isn't* a jewel case edition out at the moment. It's just the cardboard cover (digipak). I dunno about anyone else giving out the cardboard cut-out of the skyline that I got, must just be my local record shop being aces :wub:

well, there was in my local music zone yesterday. i picked up the cardboard covered version because i liked the packaging more.

Oh Word and Hey Fuck You are just the best things ever.

I find that in a strange way the album sounds a lot like their post-punk era stuff despite all the electro jazzyness in the background. I'm assuming Rhyme the Rhyme Well is going to be the next single. Good choice I say.

Also, a nice range of track interlude samples, but not as good as the basketball one on Hello Nasty.

Bought it, listened to it 4 times over 2 days and IMO best and most consistent album BBoys have made. No faffing around with wanting to play their instruments, just some fantastic rapping and beats. A winner and album of the year so far for me.

Bought it, listened to it 4 times over 2 days and IMO best and most consistent album BBoys have made. No faffing around with wanting to play their instruments, just some fantastic rapping and beats. A winner and album of the year so far for me.

It's good, but it's no Ill Communication.

Also, Beastie Boys + Instruments = Excellent.

Bought this today, It's alright but not classic Beasties. Then again nothing ever is going to be really so credit where credits due, they don't sound like oldies making fools of themselves and I can see myself sticking it back on again in the future for another listen.

I used to like their instrumental stuff. It got me into checking out original punk and funk. The truth is I've found stuff that blows their attempts away as a result. I've heard much better punk at gigs for local start-up bands and much better funk on any number of songs and soundtracks.

I don't mean to dis the Beastie Boys. I love them. But only for their hip-hop. 5 Boroughs is exactly the album I wanted to hear.

I used to like their instrumental stuff. It got me into checking out original punk and funk. The truth is I've found stuff that blows their attempts away as a result. I've heard much better punk at gigs for local start-up bands and much better funk on any number of songs and soundtracks.

I don't mean to dis the Beastie Boys. I love them. But only for their hip-hop. 5 Boroughs is exactly the album I wanted to hear.

You heard the band DFL? They were that same kind of hardcore that Beasties played and were on Grand Royal, then Epitaph. 'Proud To Be...' is some lo-fi class.

WTF, I just read this on slashdot: http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/...&tid=201&tid=99

Anyone have trouble ripping their copy to MP3, or have some DRM installed? I didn't, and I always rip my CDs to MP3 as soon as I get them.

EDIT: http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=20219

Reading into the thread, apparently the DRM is on all regions except US and UK. All EMI releases have this policy. One way to check that you don't have the DRM'd CD is that you've got the Rhyme The Rhyme Well video on it. The Copy Protection fucks up the video apparently so they couldn't have both.

I've not heard them. I sort of distance myself from the bands on Grand Royal. A lot of what I heard was of dubious quality. Apart from Bis! They're great.

:D

What about At The Drive-In?

Also Proud To Be... DFL was released on Epitaph... opening song ends on the line "Goodbye Grand Royal."