Whatever happened to...

Juria

• 1 year later...
The group's debut album, Since I Left You, was released in Australia on Modular Recordings in November 2000 - and was released in the United Kingdom in 2001 through XL Records, and the US through Sire Records. The album is composed almost entirely out of samples, including the bass line for Madonna's Holiday, which she surprisingly gave them clearance to use - the first time she has ever done so. The album was praised by the critics and public alike, and peaked at #8 in the UK Albums Chart.

Since the release of the album, the group has undergone several line-up changes with the departure of Gordon and DJ Dexter, and the addition of James De La Cruz. They continue to work on the long-awaited second album. The Avalanches also conducted an Australian tour of capital city nightclubs in 2005, and are opening for Jamiroquai on the Sydney leg of the Dynamite tour in December.

So... fuck knows, really.

Dexta the DJ from the Avalanches is one of the best and most innovative talented DJs I seen play wax. His DMC set was amazing as he played different from the norm and was actually exciting to hear. Genius.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like them live Neemo