IGNORED

Kururin Paradise

northy

Is this a recently made sequal or has it been out for a while? I presuming this will never see a UK/US release?

I loved the first and had always hoped a sequal would be made. ;)

*Heads off to find it cheaper than £26....*

EDIT: Found it for a similar price @ Play Asia

Is this a recently made sequal or has it been out for a while? I presuming this will never see a UK/US release?

I loved the first and had always hoped a sequal would be made. ;)

*Heads off to find it cheaper than £26....*

EDIT: Found it for a similar price @ Play Asia

Kururin Paradise has been out for a while now, i always wanted to buy it as i loved the first one, but i never ever got around to it.

If this is half as good as the first one, it'll be ace! Thanks for the heads up northy, done and ordered, now just to wait!

I bought the original one with my GBA when I got that. Played it for ages, got everything open, and beat all the times on it! One of the best GBA games in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

This little beauty arrived today, so here's my quick review after an hour's worth of play (FYI I'm using a GBA Player).

Graphics are bolder, brighter and more interesting (i.e. distracting!). Cut-scenes are nicely done, if a bit pointless.

Music isn't as bad as I'd thought it'd be, I've not turned the sound down so far, so it must be okay.

Difficulty ramps up VERY early on, though you should be okay if you've played the first game to any great extent.

R Button increases paddles' rotation speed, L changes the colour.

No more collecting paddle designs, however, collect keys to unlock bonus exits in "story" levels which open new routes ending in a new minigame.

15 or so unlockable minigames, which seem quite good fun.

Same old map based "story" mode (3 lives) and menu based extra mode (2 lives).

Japanese menus aren't too hard to navigate, though there're a couple of options which don't seem to have unlocked yet. You can enter your name in English. How cool are the Japanese GBA boxes!

Overall... if you (like me) loved the first game, the language barrier will not get in the way of this sequel, which in every way improves on the original, so buy it now and enjoy.

EDIT: There's a 4 player system link option, though I've not figured out if it's single or multi pak yet.

This game is 1000% better than the original, especially with the mini games in multiplayer or just generally. The levels are more interesting and theres a feature which lets your stick spin faster for better timing. The only downside was that it seemed a little easier than the original and there arent as many challenge levels. The japanese text doesnt matter at all, especially if you own the first game. The only thing I don't get is the last option on the list... a set of bizarre "things" that you can make happen by turning your gba off and on again. It just makes bizarre things happen. Then you reset and it's all normal again. Worth £26, anyway. BUY

The only thing I don't get is the last option on the list... a set of bizarre "things" that you can make happen by turning your gba off and on again. It just makes bizarre things happen. Then you reset and it's all normal again.

:unsure:

Can you explain a bit more? That's intriguing.....

I just recently noticed that option too, no idea what it could be for though.

I got this game a year ago or so.

And just recently ive started playing it like crazy.

Ive managed to finish the easier setting all the way through without any hits, unlocked three further levels.

Im just now doing those last levels on the harder setting too, its damn near impossible at times. =P

The very last level is just silly.

I wont spoil unless you want me to ;)

;)

Can you explain a bit more? That's intriguing.....

Its odd. Theres one thing thats some sort of "love tester"... one person holds l and the other holds r and a couple of meters go up. Theres no variety in it though, its a love match every time... then theres one where some squares appear and they sort of "emboss" themselves... they don't make any sense. Not to the non-japanese gamer, at any rate.

I just recently noticed that option too, no idea what it could be for though.

I got this game a year ago or so.

And just recently ive started playing it like crazy.

Ive managed to finish the easier setting all the way through without any hits, unlocked three further levels.

Im just now doing those last levels on the harder setting too, its damn near impossible at times. =P

The very last level is just silly.

I wont spoil unless you want me to ;)

I HATE that last level! The one with the sort of invisible conbveyer belts. I can't even do it. I can't unlock those 3 extra levels on hard mode.

Are there extra unlockable levels in the bonus mode (the levels with 2 lives)? I remember getting an extra 3 levels when you completed them all without taking a hit.

Also, how do I get the extra levels in the "story" mode?

Cheers

Are there extra unlockable levels in the bonus mode (the levels with 2 lives)? I remember getting an extra 3 levels when you completed them all without taking a hit.

Also, how do I get the extra levels in the "story" mode?

Cheers

Theres a stage 11 in the challenge ones, you have to get stars in all 30 levels

Its the same in story mode. A star on every single level opens up the new levels.

Title Screen Menu:

Single Player

Multi Player

o Single Pak

o Multi Pak

Player Select Menu:

Slot 1

Slot 2

Slot 3

Slot 4

Slot 5

Erase

Main Menu:

Story Mode

Practice Mode

Bonus Mode

o Quick Levels

o Mini Games

Crazy Mode

o Mode 1

o ...

o Mode 10

Story Pause Menu:

Continue

Retry

Map

Quit

Practice Pause Menu:

Continue

Retry

View Demo

Map

Quit

For your information... crazy mode (my translation) means that you can rig the game to have a crazy startup screen the next time someone plays it. For example, there's a message saying "Kururin is sleeping" or a simple game of pairs. Crazy Japanese nonsense, which I think you unlock by beating the game's best times on story levels.