IGNORED

Megaman Anniversary Collection

I don't get why other companies don't do these compilations more (well, I do, it's down to money and greed). Life would be so much easier if early 8-bit/16-bit games were chucked on to one disc.

I always like Mario All-Stars for putting all 8-bit Mario games in one place, and this Mega Man collection seems like a good deal.

Unfourtunatly the GC version is somewhat lacking over the PS2 version due to "space constraints".

All the remixed music is not on the GC version, and the buttons are the wrong way around, which has caused many people to complain..

Still if your not bothered about that or the lack of all the remixed music, get the GC version.

and im sure they will get PAL released sometime soon.

Capcom of Europe gave Mega Man fans from Europe a slap in the face. To the question "Will Mega Man Anniversary Collection see light in Europe?", they replied with a rather short:

Hi there,

No plans for a European release.

Best regards,

CAPCOM

A thorough viewing if the Capcom of Europe website also reveals that there is no mention of the Mega Man Anniversary Collection in PS2, GC, or GBA form. Tough luck, dear fans from Europe, try importing the games, and I suggest importing the PS2 version while you can.

From here

Hence why I imported...

Unfourtunatly the GC version is somewhat lacking over the PS2 version due to "space constraints".

All the remixed music is not on the GC version, and the buttons are the wrong way around, which has caused many people to complain..

According to a review I read online, the GC version was slightly better, as the GC version has the interviews, while the PS2 version has the episode.

I'd rather have interviews myself. How much music is missing from the GC one?

If I'm going to play old Mega Man games I'd much prefer to do so on my GBA. I just looked and there's only going to be five games on that version. Which five games are they? Cos I don't think I need to play 10 Mega Man games, so if it's five of the best...

If I'm going to play old Mega Man games I'd much prefer to do so on my GBA. I just looked and there's only going to be five games on that version. Which five games are they? Cos I don't think I need to play 10 Mega Man games, so if it's five of the best...

They are five of the GB games - different the the NES/SNES games.

The first one Dr Wileys revenge is a classic!

As the NES games on the GC/PS2 collection were only tidied up (no sprite clashes/ flashing characters) it seems likely the Gb games will be indeed in glorious b&w.

No conclusive answer for you tho'....but I'll be surprised if you can do anything other then mess around with the backdrop colours...

The GBA megaman collection seems to be in full colour (at least all shots on capcom's site are) e.g.:

sshot1.jpg

I've got the GC version now too, it's good so far not gonna give in a play it on easy difficulty setting like a wuss :)

Wasn't happy though when my mate wiped my save for the first megaman, which had the 6 bosses beaten :ph34r:

Only thing that annoyed me was that the arcade games were locked at the start of the game and it didn't tell you how to unlock them, I had to look it up online and then complete so many bosses in megaman 3/7 - they should've just had them available from the start

In the originals (well, the ones i've seen), you can select to play normal or difficult.

On this disk, you can only choose easy and normal? Whats with that?

.::: Those were the original Jap settings. In order not to 'insult' Western players they changed it into the normal/difficult selection back then. Good to see they swapped it back again. :)

• 3 weeks later...